Viewing last 25 versions of post by Derpy Whooves in topic Explanation of update to Rule #0 for consistency and clarity especially in regards to racism

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
"[@Derwol":](/forums/meta/topics/explanation-of-update-to-rule-0-for-consistency-and-clarity-especially-in-regards-to-racism?post_id=4907906#post_4907906
)  
Depends. We did a bulk vote recently where we're still looking through how everyone voted, and we've talked about why some of us said 'yes' for some images and 'no' for others, and most of us are going back through again to make sure that we wanted to vote the way we voted. For myself, when you create an image that's a reference to something or otherwise allegorical, that makes it more art sometimes, and more likely to be something that I think we should hang onto in the 'snapshot'. In other cases, something that for me was fairly seminal to the /b/ vs /co/ fights where I originally was confused why anyone would think it broke any rule, after talking about it I can see how it might be something we shouldn't host.

"

[
@Northern":](/forums/meta/topics/explanation-of-update-to-rule-0-for-consistency-and-clarity-especially-in-regards-to-racism?post_id=4907908#post_4907908
[bq]
)  

>
don't say things imprecisely[/bq]

Maybe.

[bq]

>
everyone's understanding of the rules and their implementation needs to be complete[/bq]

Oh my god we've worked in very different environments. This isn't McDonald's - it's an art gallery. Shit be imprecise and defies simple explanation almost most of the time.

[@Background Pony #0CFF](/forums/meta/topics/explanation-of-update-to-rule-0-for-consistency-and-clarity-especially-in-regards-to-racism?post_id=4907905#post_4907905)  
No. This is a my little pony site with a volunteer team. We figure it out as we go.

> It's hardly a brand new never-before-tested-outside-the-lab thing as you imply.

In that case, you must understand every nuance of the new rule. So ... what's the problem?

> This is happening for two reasons

Reason 3: We're all burnt out.  
Reason 4: This particular rule is taking more time than any of us have to spend on it.  
Reason 5: More critical issues on the site take precedence.  
Reason 6: Staff are not as invested in this as you are.  
Reason 7: Some of us have a very small budget of 'lets talk about nazis' time.  
Reason 8: It's not binary.

> Please do

Read the rest of the sentence. What we thought was going to happen is no help when it's in production.
No reason given
Edited by Derpy Whooves