Downvoting is being replaced by Hiding

Background Pony #945C
This is a really bad idea. It’s impossible to tell what’s good and what’s bad now.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Malvolio  
If the critic is attacking the art style is ok. If its about the ideology or only because you don’t like X character/x topic. Please only continue with another picture.
Firenhooves
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

@Background Pony #C172  
I seriously liked seeing the downvotes on my artwork on Derpibooru. It helped me figure out what drawings I should avoid drawing. It gave me a better opinion of artwork where I make mistakes and needed to improve. But now without the downvotes I have no idea. I hate this change.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
I just come here to say I disliked the change and I don’t want it.  
It’d be wiser to start hiding images that have tags filtered instead but oh well.

Thanks for the attention.
Background Pony #BB9E
@Steel Crescent  
That’s kinda bullshit. There are constructive reasons for downvoting an image other than not wanting to see it again. And we have filters for that.
Background Pony #36EC
@Steel Crescent  
Art isn’t just about “making what you love”. Some people want to improve their work and feel out different subjects to see what the public reaction will be. If you never get negative feedback on anything, how will you find a niche you enjoy?
Steel Crescent
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Just A Bat
@Background Pony #F625  
What constructive reason? people would just downvote it and go on their merry way. A constructive reason would be to leave a comment to why you think it’s bad and how you can improve. This would allow downvoting to stay forcing people to leave a good reason as why it’s bad and how they can improve. Not just “fuck you i don’t like it and you shouldn’t either”
Nonymous
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

You fucked up, TSP.
@abzde
why should you avoid making the stuff you love? it’s stupid.

Depends on who you’re drawing for. If you’re drawing for yourself, you wouldn’t stop even if everyone hated it.  
If you’re drawing for the community, drawing things they like is better than drawing things they don’t.
XVvajra
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Artist -

Make eveything huge
@Background Pony #B93D  
How can you known what need to to improve without someone to tell you people don’t need to be experts in art to offer constructive criticism also the goal of an artist not just make something people enjoy it also about how far they can go to make art look better tell me is it better for people tell what you can be improve on then to guess what need to improve on?
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
“We had an option to downvote the fuck out of these posts, so the authors ALWAYS knew they are simply not welcome here.

“Those people” are welcome here.

If they aren’t breaking any of our rules, and their art is apropos the My Little Pony franchise and fandom, then you don’t get to decide whether they can be here or not, just because you have a hangup with their sexuality or their fetishes.

Just filter themes that you don’t like. Then you won’t see them on your view of the site.
Firenhooves
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Steel Crescent  
I don’t love all my artwork. A lot of time I try my best and want to see what people rate it as. It shows me where I am as an artist and how I should improve. I use Derpibooru to gauge my own art. I know I need to improve, but how much is a mystery to me.

By the time I am done drawing anything I’ve looked at my drawing for so many hours I’m usually sick of it and feel like my artwork has flaws all over the place. I need that positive and negative feedback to understand if I am right or wrong on these feelings.
Background Pony #36EC
@XVvajra  
Because no one can tell an artist unequivocally how to draw better. It’s up to the artist to decide what they want to improve or change. Constructive criticism both never happens and is often useless. Public reaction in the form of upvotes versus downvotes helped me improve immensely. I feel bad that future budding artists will not have that.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Steel Crescent

If you want to make money with art you’re kinda obligated to do something that at least someone, with cash, enjoys so you get commissioned and what not, if you just draw for yourself without the desire for profit then sure you can do whatever even if the greatest majority disapproves.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
I am in favor of this change. I’ve already been hiding tags for 5 years, I literally have thousands hidden.
Steel Crescent

Just A Bat
@abzde  
I understand this but what if it wasn’t that bad? it could have just been haters being jerks. This is the problem with a simple downvote.

The obvious fix is to force people to comment when they downvote and if they don’t they can’t downvote meaning when someone downvotes there is a 100% chance it will be because there is a good reason behind it and as for trolls saying asshole things they can be dealt with by admins and moderators.
Binkyt11
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
Like I said, have an option to see how many people down voted withouted affecting score. Plus it’s optional.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: boop