Downvoting is being replaced by Hiding

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I can get behind automatic, singular images being hidden, but not quite removing number of downvotes. Like, even if scores ceased to be negative, I could see that working.
Background Pony #8985
@chucklefarts  
Your experience doesn’t speak for everyone. I know an artist(who shall remain anonymous) who was so upset at the mass of downvotes on certain art of theirs that they took those down from deviantart.
GrumpyGriffGermán
Artist -

Non-sugarcoater jerk
What with people and their hate towards a downvote system??  
I have a bunch of draws here that have been downvoted to oblivion and that doesn’t affect me personally since I see downvoting as an indirect mean of improving, but well, I guess that’s just my point of view.
Squall_Line
Non-Fungible Trixie -

horse butts 🐴
Eh. Not a big fan of the change at all really, buuut the abuse of the system can be pretty rampant indeed. Now that my filters seem to be working at least a little again, I guess it works alright.
BeSharp

I wuv the Downvote OC, she’s such a cutie and now she’ll just evolve a little, if only mentally, like a Persona 5 Maxed Confidant Persona.

She’s not a ponified version of the Hide function, she’s Downvote. Hiding isn’t downvoting.

Man, remember back when people got uppity over YouTube switching from a star rating system to just a simple yay or nay? Evidently, Derpibooru thinks that even having a nay is too much.
Antonyourknee
Non-Fungible Trixie -

A waste of biomatter
I will probably never click the red button,Hiding images serves no purpose for me. Wonder how Shit posters will adapt to this?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@byte[]
I don’t know why you would want to search or the things you downvoted. Like wasn’t that point of them is that you didn’t like them, so why would you want to see the things you downvoted?
Also, this is a nice change mods. Too bad we already have people complaining about it.

When I first used it, I found interesting how my taste has changed and even took them off a few things that no longer deserved the ire they once inspired.

And I never saw donwvote as the frothing at the mouth hatred they seem to bring to mind. Sometimes I hate things, but not quite enough to want them gone forever.
Loira
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Happy Derpy! -
Flexible -
Platinum bit -
Ruby -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru exclusive artwork
Artist -

Smolder is a cutie
@BeSharp  
Give her a Ninja costume, it’ll work just fine, there’s plenty of ways Arifproject can evolve her if he wants to.

I made my thoughts on the situation clear anyway, I’m fine with it personally, you can see my reasons in the post you responded to.
Background Pony #BE8A
Hey guys 👏👏👏 do you think 🤔🤔🤔 you deserve the ability to show your dislike of a particular image rather than just pretending it doesn’t exist? ⬇⬇⬇ No 😃😃😃 you don’t 😂😂😂 💯💯💯 🔥🔥🔥
Spajki

I love griffons
Well..when i downvote an image it was because someone uploaded it with tags that i want to hide. Especially that some bad posts have bad tagging like no artist or it’s just a character with some sentence (like those stupid posts with Flash or random ponies with “Worst pony” thing). People should tag their posts better. Like..for example. I don’t like foot focus thing, i mean..seeing them on my face with some gross details. Problem is that i don’t hate foot fetish because there are some arts with this tag that are good, but people forget to add tag “Foot focus” so i can’t hide it using the tags if the tag is missing. And i won’t edit ALL the arts just to hide this one image from many many many others like that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: boop