derpibooru's badges

Twisty

@G.S.

ther is a reason why people say duck instead of fag for op, doesnt matter if we use 4chan definition we arent allowed to say it, atleast not in like images or shit.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@G.S.  
@twistedmetalero  
@G.S.  
4Chan has hammered the suffix of -fag into my head so adamantly that I don’t even see it as anything more than that. Then come times like this when I’m like “oh, right. That’s a slur” and it always just… hits me.

We could always swap it for nag. You know, like an old horse? Drawnag, Writenag. Sort of what we did with duck.
Twisty

@Prof.NightJack

it hasnt taken its meaning to real life, but there are tons of site that use terms like newfag and op is a faggot.

even tumblr has an “Op is a fag” tag.

it has spreaded on the internet, not real life tho.

just like op of course.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@twistedmetalero  
I know, it’s nuts right?

I mean, I’m bi and if someone in real life called me a fag or a faggot I’d be pissed right off and probably start swinging. Call me that online and I’m like ‘yep’ and just see it as a completely different word and meaning.  
full

Which is why I think we should use ‘nag’. It rhymes and has one syllable so it’d be completely interchangeable, it’s not offensive, and it has the added bonus as doubling as a horse-related ‘slur’.

We could even call people “naggots”.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@twistedmetalero  
That’s far from a good thing, I mean if it’s still seen as offensive in real life we shouldn’t be letting it be so common place and okay on the internet, it can lead to some people not understating it’s not okay in real life if they see it so many places on the internet.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@ColdhardSilver  
Eeyup ;)

@twistedmetalero  
No, no, we can never lose the name duck. That is so hilarious to me I’ve found myself blurting it out in real life.

Y’see, I’m French right? In French to call someone a jerk you say ‘connard’. That sounds like ‘canard’, which is French for duck. That’s just too brilliant of a coincidence for me to ever give up.

I mean use nag specifically to replace the fag suffix for like drawfag or namefag. Naggot was just a joke :P
ColdhardSilver
Thread Starter - Cartoon/Western Animation General

Culture Vulture
@Prof.NightJack  
Yes and no.  
Words and the connotations given to them is up to the people. Not every use of a word is used with a certain meaning attached to it by others so it’s not something that can be straight sorted out, just dealt with on a case to case basis.  
I mean I know some women call themselves bitches to try to take the power from the word, but that fails and only cause them to seem like a bitch to others.  
On the other hand I will sometimes make jokes involving nigga, but that not a stab against my own race and no one around interpets as such they see it first and foremost as a joke.

So about these badges to get back on tracks :P
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
Sounds good. I was kind of thinking about a Daring Do badge for people who have found tons of original content from sites like Tumblr, Deviantart, etc, and brought it to the ’booru.

Like, actual artwork and not memes or screencaps or anything like that.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@ColdhardSilver  
>On the other hand I will sometimes make jokes involving nigga, but that not a stab against my own race

Actually that one is kind of part of my point, see in just about everywhere that can be said by only some people and it’s only seen as a joke, and of others say it it’s wrong and everyone get up in arms over it, it’s your own race so it;s fine for you to say it but not me, someone of my race says it then it’s racist.  
Sorry but if it’s not okay for some to say it then it shouldn’t be okay for anyone to say it.

Oh and don’t give me that bull of “nigga” vs “nigger”, it wouldn’t matter how I said it, anyone black that heard me say it even right would call me racist for it.
ColdhardSilver
Thread Starter - Cartoon/Western Animation General

Culture Vulture
@Prof.NightJack  
Then please, allow me to elaborate further then.  
Like I said case-to-case, my friends (in the area I live in I mean) are mainly white and they’ll come up to me and go “my nigga”, and you know what it’s all good. The reason they say such is again as a joke as I don’t act like as such and since we’re friends we can make jokes to each other about ourselves.

So again case by case, event by event.

Also I think a star swirl badge should exist for comment debates :P
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide