derpibooru's badges

Site and Policy » derpibooru's badges Search Posts
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

友情は魔法だ🧚
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬
Some badges are forced to appear first, I think … and as the code base evolves of course this probably will change. But … yeah, it's one of those things where you put stuff into a table in the order you want them to be in, and then SQL grabs them in its own nefarious order. I'm sure there's SOME order to them in order for some to appear toward the front, but getting them in any particular order by hand using the moderation controls is a total crapshoot.

Also, it destroys the history of the badges. That doesn't often matter, but on the moderation side we can see who added what badges when, and that can sometimes give us forensic info if someone creates a new profile and wants to move a couple badges, or things like that.

It would be nice if people could order their OWN badges as they'd like, like re-arranging the order of images in galleries. That would be cool. Heck — even let people toggle badges on or off if they want to reduce the badges shown by their name. That would rock.

Any devs out there wanna try this?
☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Lincoln Brewster time
@Ciaran
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬
Some badges are forced to appear first, I think … and as the code base evolves of course this probably will change. But … yeah, it's one of those things where you put stuff into a table in the order you want them to be in, and then SQL grabs them in its own nefarious order. I'm sure there's SOME order to them in order for some to appear toward the front, but getting them in any particular order by hand using the moderation controls is a total crapshoot.

Also, it destroys the history of the badges. That doesn't often matter, but on the moderation side we can see who added what badges when, and that can sometimes give us forensic info if someone creates a new profile and wants to move a couple badges, or things like that.

It would be nice if people could order their OWN badges as they'd like, like re-arranging the order of images in galleries. That would be cool. Heck — even let people toggle badges on or off if they want to reduce the badges shown by their name. That would rock.

Any devs out there wanna try this?

That reorganization feature would be nice. I think the supporter badges always remain at the forefront though :)

At least, that's how I'd like it to be. :3
AntonSFMs
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

Anton
Hello again. I believe I qualify for the "Notoriously Divine Tagger" badge. Thanks!

I don't know if I should've posted about this twice but my other comment went unresponded.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~