derpibooru's badges

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Draco-knight-Blaze
Yes you can get a custom badge by donating to the site, but I’ve never heard of someone donating to get an event or achievement badge. That would be like someone donating to get a Community Collaboration badge, or thinking they could donate and get one of the Artist or Uploader achievement badges. Those aren’t “pay to win”.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Ciaran
Isn’t that the one where you just had to be a banmonkey who later got put on the throne? Seems perilously easy for a current mod to get with the help of some gin and a slobbery apology after the fact.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@TexasUberAlles
Uhm … oh, wait - yeah, that is that badge. I was thinking of the one where you were here the first month after the death of PonyBooru. “The End Was Not The End” or something like that? It’s not even in the system any more. Like, even if someone wanted or somehow magically earned that badge, a dev would have to ram it into the database by hand.
Honestly, I think the only reason that I didn’t get the “From The Night” badge is because when staff asked me to back down I did. Also the plausibly ban-worthy shit I was doing tended to be at least plausibly “funny” (except for those massively triggered by a proximate cause of April Fool, in toto) and was almost entirely related to role playing during April Fools events. Just your normal, healthy case of non-insane automatism. I plead “not giving a fuck” but immediately changed my behavior and was summiarily offered a slot on staff, including the fully featured brain chip.
Thus the chronic alcoholism.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@TexasUberAlles
IIRC Derpibooru Premium (the real one, not the 2016 April Fools joke) badge could be obtained only if you uploaded a Trixie image during one specific week back in May 2015, and this was not advertised anywhere in any way. It was TSP’s special badge or something like that. A true hidden achievement.
Or so says a faint voice in the back of my head. I spent 20 minutes searching comments and posts to find support for this and I found only one post from Joey.
If I’m not imagining this, then Derpibooru Premium is probably the hardest and most impossible non-unique badge to obtain. And of course Badumsquish has it.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
IIRC Derpibooru Premium
And also my favorite badge of all time. Except the other ones. And, no, I can neither confirm nor deny your suspicions. Trixie remains, as always, indefatigable and surrounded by myth and illusions. Woooooo - so mysterious.
I can though confirm that it is no longer available in the system. It was a once-and-gone badge.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
Bendy Pony or whatever it’s called is also super exclusive. If my suspicions are correct the requirements are:
  • draw and upload a nice picture of that one specific pony (Blossomworth?) being unusually flexible
  • if it comes to the attention of the singular user who “owns” that badge, and happens to please them, they’ll give you the badge
  • you had to achieve this when that user was on staff and had the power to give the badge, nowadays your picture has to be so devastatingly amazing (and personally appealing to that person, to boot), that they’ll be prompted to ask a current staff member to award the badge on their behalf
  • no guarantee that person is still active on site tho.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
Bendy Pony or whatever it’s called is also super exclusive. If my suspicions are correct the requirements are:
  • draw and upload a nice picture of that one specific pony (Blossomworth?) being unusually flexible
  • if it comes to the attention of the singular user who “owns” that badge, and happens to please them, they’ll give you the badge
  • you had to achieve this when that user was on staff and had the power to give the badge, nowadays your picture has to be so devastatingly amazing (and personally appealing to that person, to boot), that they’ll be prompted to ask a current staff member to award the badge on their behalf
  • no guarantee that person is still active on site tho.
I wasn’t here back then, but I always wondered about this one. :)
Too bad it’s a rarity now :(
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@saby
Artistic Detective is another example of that kind of badge. It’s actually my badge I got as a donor. I give to others who are especially helpful searching for info on artists, or fixing tagging for artists. The criteria is me thinking “Wow, that thing you did (or more often a thing you continually do) to help research that artist was really helpful. Thank you!”
I’d like it to become more of a normal badge before I die or fall off the ride, but it’s not the kind of thing that shows up as a number in the user interface.
I think the “Speaking Fancy” badge is kind of in the same boat. The criteria for it is hard to quantify, beyond being really helpful.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Izzy Chan :3
Divine Tagger I’d for uploading images that contain a high amount of useful/detailed tags
Speaking Fancy is for helping translate images from one language to another (like translating an image with Spanish text to English)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide