derpibooru's badges

Electric Aura
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Bagel Enthusiast
I don’t really pay close attention to my badges, just noticed I’m missing the 2020 Collab badge. >>2220014

Also I just found out the fanfic badge is a thing, so that would be cool too. FiMFiction link is already on my profile.
Terton
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Barghest Best Girl
@I-MLP2020

Just asking for a badge doesn’t give you a badge, I’m afraid. The easiest badge you can get though is the artist badge, just have a mod help you set up an artist tag and you’ll get your badge for that. Every other badge has specific criteria than needs to be met, some of which are not listed in the current thread for them.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@I-MLP2020  
First, badges are done by hand.

You apply for a badge, and one of our volunteers claims the application, looks at your gallery, compares your work here to the “User Link” you are claiming and either sees that you have posted your verification ID on the other site, or contacts you on that other site, talks with other staff if necessary, and if we agree that your profile here is the unique copyright holder of the work on the other site, we award you the badge.

It can take a week for all of this to happen, and we do let it take a month before giving up if there are complications.

So, patience is a virtue in this case.

As for your badge, your application has been declined.

Artist badges are for artists who have created unique works of art on which they may claim copyright. We don’t judge the quality of the art, only whether it is a uniquely copyrightable work of art.

All of your images are edits of work others have done. At best, your works are a derivative copyright, but the original artist still retains their rights. Your work is not “transformative” such that you would also have a co-equal copyright to your works.

In other words, your edit of their work does not “take away” their copyright and give it to you. That original artist still retains their rights. We appreciate the work you are doing, but it does not give you a copyright claim on the images.

On this site, you are an “Editor”, and while we deeply appreciate the work editors do, we don’t have a badge for that.

I’m sorry.

By the way, I’ve noticed on your DeviantArt gallery that you have asked that people not post your work here, so I will take down those images that are here that you asked people to not post here.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@I-MLP2020  
Trying to keep this conversation in one place so I’ll reply to some of your other questions here, since it is a common question and the answer is one I think more people would like to hear.

If you just want a badge, there are SEVERAL ways to get them!

For me, one of the greatest ways to get a badge is to participate in our Community Collaborations!

For example, here is the post that talks about the 2020 Community Collaboration, and here is the image that resulted from it:

If your OC appeared in this collaboration, then you got a badge :)

And there was a special badge for anyone who drew someone else’s OC for the collaboration.

Another great way to get badges here is to participate in community events, such as our annual April Fool’s event! Sometimes there’s hidden badges for those events, too, so you can sometimes get more than one badge for a single event :)

Here’s a list of all the other badges that are commonly available for users on the site - these are site wide badges that anyone may qualify for, if they meet the critieria:

Badge Descriptions, Criteria, and Stuff

Please note, some of these are impossible to get now, to qualify for some of them you would have to have done something in the past, but it hopefully will give you an idea of what badges there are here on the site.

Also, if you want a Derpy badge, patreon supporters may get one simply by helping to support the site through Patreon, and if you donate at a high enough level you may request a custom badge to thank you for your support.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Please believe me that none of this is capricious, but we do try to keep it fair, and that means that sometimes people don’t get badges when they would like.

[FULL DISCLOSURE: This is also me but I also wanted to reply as myself, in a ‘non official’ way that doesn’t carry a moderator chevron or the onus of representing the site.]
Ponyfan228
Artist -

@Ciaran

I don’t have a patreon and I don’t want to spend money for them.

In any case, I find it unfair that others are always preferred and I never get a chance. also if i just an “editor” Im an Artist!!! for Celestia Hell again!
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@I-MLP2020  
It’s not about other users being “preferred” every badge is given for a specific reason. And yes, you’ll absolutely have the chance to get at the very least two. One at the end of 2020 if you participate in the community event, and one for taking part in the 2021 April fools day event.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@I-MLP2020  
It’s not unfair. No one is punishing you. You just are not creating any drawings of your own. Everything you have is edits of someone else’s drawings or work. If you want to be an artist, and you want to be a “Verified Artist” here, then draw something yourself from scratch.

And … serious talk time …

full

You clearly say on your DeviantArt gallery that you do not want ANYTHING that you’ve created lately uploaded to this site.  
DON´T UPLOAD THIS ON DERPIBOORU!!!!
In fact, you’re one of the few people to have a DNP even before you had an artist tag. So why are you so determined to get an artist badge on a site that you don’t want your art on?

Because, and I’m not making this up - if you do make art and want a badge here but don’t upload your art to this site, then you still won’t have a badge because the badge indicates that you:

1. Have a verified user link and have your own body of unique copyrightable works.  
  2. Have art on this site.

So … again … if you don’t want your art here then you still don’t get the badge.

The badge isn’t for being an artist somewhere else. Maybe that sounds cruel or something, but I’m not sure what you were expecting.

@MagpulPony  
    Actually, that will be the 2021 Community Collaboration (assuming there is one).

@I-MLP2020  
    If I’m counting correctly, you’ve had 6 chances for free badges in the 2 years you’ve had a profile here because of various events that have happened in the last two years. Maybe more. So, if you want a badge, just watch for opportunities for badges. More events will probably happen :)

And, if you want to be an artist, then art.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide