DB WORKSHOP: Tag discussion

Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Solitude  
You are forgetting that default show form ponies have novisible sexual organs, but fanart ones often do. For example, it’s pretty easy to create a pone “casual nudity” pic: just take a normal MLP picture (say, Pinkie baking) and paint sex organs on it.  
Yet, I’d argue that these do NOT count as “casual nudity” because unlike human/anthro, “clothed” is still not the assumed “default” state. Since there’s no clarity if ponies would move from being a nudist colony to clothed if sex organs were revealed or if they’d be the same, “casual nudity” should ONLY apply if the picture in question shows OTHER ponies clearly differently clothed, clarifying that the pone in question isn’t acting in a usual manner.

horse junk is serious science
Exhumed Legume
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Weirdo
Yet, I’d argue that these do NOT count as “casual nudity” because unlike human/anthro, “clothed” is still not the assumed “default” state.
However, nudity also applies to “regular” ponies with visible naughty bits – therefore, casual nudity arguably applies to “regular” pony “nudity” if no big deal is made of it; it’s nudity and it’s casual, so…

Of course, casual nudity is very context-sensitive, so it’s a pretty fuzzy matter to begin with.
Solitude
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Element of Generosity -

You are forgetting that default show form ponies have novisible sexual organs, but fanart ones often do.

Not entirely but didn’t take that into account…  
do NOT count as “casual nudity” because unlike human/anthro, “clothed” is still not the assumed “default” state.

…Because that was my (simplistic) reasoning.  
if the picture in question shows OTHER ponies clearly differently clothed, clarifying that the pone in question isn’t acting in a usual manner.

With a side-order of that. (Seriously, I’m not good at voicing my thoughts.)

@Exhumed Legume  
therefore, casual nudity arguably applies to “regular” pony “nudity” if no big deal is made of it; it’s nudity and it’s casual,

But also considered this, hence the (exaggerated) “most every image tagged”.

I’unno. Just wanted to pitch in on the difference between artistic/casual.
Exhumed Legume
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Weirdo
@Solitude  
I did note casual nudity is highly contextual, didn’t I? ;P  
Mostly it just strikes me as amusing that nudity applies to “regular” ponies, while casual nudity wouldn’t, under most circumstances.

But yes, most literally casual “regular” pony nudity probably wouldn’t fit under casual nudity – literal meaning and lack of tag description notwithstanding – simply by being too casual, if that makes any sense…

And of course the mess isn’t helped by nudity being implied by a whole bunch of tags, including just about every naughty bit-related one (but not casual nudity).
NostalgiaSchmaltz
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

3 day top scoring

Don’t these images fall under Rule 3, being that they’re just screencaps of the site?

Only asking now because it seems people have taken it upon themselves to keep re-uploading screencaps of the 3 day top scoring every time it changes.
Exhumed Legume
Economist -
Artist -

Weirdo
@NostalgiaSchmaltz  
Well… they are technically “at least indirectly” “MLP fandom related”…  
Which would seem to make them compliant to a literal reading of rule #3.  
Cutie Mark Crusaders Rules Lawyers! Yay!

As a side note, the tag is mostly trends/fads, like cute, clean stuff, butts drawn by the same artist or all four being from one set.  
The current surge seems to be caused by a particular dragon’s popularity right now…
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

not the most serious, or even best suggestion, but, why not.. Just mentioning this briefly, not awaiting any kind of serious analysis of this tag suggestion.

“Failbait”, or some name around the lines of “drama baits”, “troll bait”, etc., depicting someone specifically tries to bait a group in and fails to do by being so transparent, such that no one grabbed on to that bait, something like this one here, fail troll. It’s more the use of an archival suite for the aftermath of drama related pics, to give them some positive light, not to them, but to us I mean, to better find some of the funnest threads that popped from the aftermath of these ‘drama baits’.  
I guess by that logic you could argue, “Adventure in the comments section” is a better substitute for that, with the ‘drama’/‘drama bait’ tags, or any other “X Thread” titles, still, it may serve to catalog all those without having to know every single one ‘name’ thread specifically.

some cons for this would be that it’d be very niche type tag, as well as easily forgotten and such, but at least it has the pro that it could be remembered of the many comments going in such images.

again, not a serious suggestion, but could be useful or a fun thing to catalogue and browse when you wanna see pics baiting people for drama purposes mostly, failed spectacularly, when you’ve gotten bored/tired and wanna have a positive outlook of certain things. inb4 suggestion gets shutdown because of this reason.
Background Pony #86DB
Pertaining to the most recent episode, I feel that anything related to Trixie’s manticore stunt should not be tagged as vore. Vore typically implies a fetishy context, but in the case of screencaps and most art of the scene, that is not the case. If we tag that scene as vore, we may as well tag it as suicide too.
Background Pony #7142
Um I wasn’t sure where to bring this up (Still new at this ha) But If a common oc name had over 300 images for one OC. Does that give that character ownership over that particular name tag since it would be too much of a hassle to edit all of them? Is it also ok to remove name tags of other Ocs that share the exact same name since they don’t have anywhere near the same number of images?

I think editing the lesser known Oc tag would be better but is purging their name tags since their isn’t as many images of them really ok? o.o;
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@Background Pony #4E98  
So you mean if two or more OC share the same name? I noticed that there are a few, I don’t know how to avoid those things, but it would be unwise to delete the nametag just because the name is associated to another OC. But frankly I have no idea how to avoid that.  
For searches you could just include the usual artist(s) for that OC. For the minor ones, we could make a new tag with the owner or blog behind it? That might be the only clean solution.
Background Pony #AE1D
@Mad Black

Well I asked the owner of said OC about making a new tag/alias to distinguish them and they said not to worry about it since they doesn’t matter to them.

Though really my main gripe was the act of removing names tags of other OCs that share the same name. Don’t want any tagging wars and such ya know?
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DragonWraith> fish are not for sexual
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

Personally, I try to make sure each OC has the proper oc: tag, regardless of collisions, and use the other tags to differentiate.  
It’s not really fair to one character to not get the proper label just because they’re less “popular” at a given point in time.
expatriate.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

Pegasus Apologist
Is there a tag for posts like these? Where it’s a screenshot of a wallpaper or lock screen:  
>>1147794 [explicit]  
>>1132252 [suggestive]

Currently they’re just tagged “wallpaper”, but I don’t want to hide that tag because it also includes normal images that are good resolutions for wallpapers. Screenshot obviously doesn’t work, and desktop arguably doesn’t cover mobile devices or lock screens. Maybe “Wallpaper screenshot”?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: New thread