Concerned Users of Derpibooru

doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
To my fellow anti-censorship…ers? What do you think about certain specific instances like I posted here:@doloresbridge  
staff themselves were admitting that they were not enforcing old rules properly.
That means even if we “go back” then we STILL have censorship, just “old rules censorship” one.
I think that there could be a legit discussion of some stuff that did slip through under the old rules that would qualify to be deleted under the true old system. For example this flag:
>>1807482 (deleted)
and this:
>>1860627
Both use a variant of the black sun, a symbol that from my understanding is mainly tied to neo nazi and occult groups. I mean this arguably would go against rule 0 as it existed since they went after other stuff truly neo nazish stuff. Though that is vary different than whatever the mods have cooked up now. I mean the proposed rules sound fine on paper but in practice their still is a fair bit of gray.

I mean I think I have two possible paths on it but I am curious as to what others on my side think.
InvisibleInkDoodles
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Joanna
I’m not an insane Free Speech abolitionist, but I support Free Speech. There is a limit, and there are consequences of unlimited free speech.
Too much free speech, like you;re trying to support, is JUST as bad as extreme censorship.

I didn’t mention free speech once in my post, I just stated that your conclusion that anyone who takes issue with the post has to be pro-nazi and anti-communist is coming either from the prospective of trying to provoke or it showcases a mindset of not being able to comprehend the idea of defending something you disagree with or don’t partake in. My point was that regardless of why you stated what you did that it was built on a flawed way of thinking. I didn’t say anything about free speech, to me this isn’t a free speech issue. But rather to me this is the most illegitimate way of dealing with actual problems in the fandom and instead is a rule built around improving reputation rather than improving the quality of the site. Fundamentally the media targeted a 0.14% (lower than most artists) of content out of 100% on the site and suddenly we’re meant to believe there’s a Nazi pandemic or suddenly we’re meant to care about our reputation from the very same people who tried to implicate bronies as paedos 9 years ago and who will always move the goal posts no matter what the community does.

To me it’s like in school when someone disowns their friend group to befriend people who don’t care about them only to realise their new friends just want to call them names. Considering the reputations of gossip papers like Atlantic & The New York Post who are commenting on it, I just think that judging reputation should go both ways. We should just be able to dismiss gossip websites as just that like we did 9 years ago rather than acting like everything being said is legitimate. For me the call to action is extremely flawed, everything pitched since has been extremely flawed and every attempt of resolve has backfired. I don’t agree with what’s happening, why it’s happening or how. I like logical arguments not ones based on fear-mongering, hysteria and gossip and I’ve yet to see a logical argument that proves to me that there is a fundamental logical reason to pursue this approach that doesn’t break down when you try to apply it as a general rule or to other existing media. Noticed how ‘free speech’ doesn’t factor in for me personally - But that does highlight a flaw in jumping to conclusions.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
I want to state, for the record, that I wholeheartedly endorse the statement: fuck communists.

To that end, I fuck a communist every night.
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@likeafox  
You mean like the fact that this site has NEVER existed in isolation.  
This site is as much as part of the world as the police who murdered a paramedic in her bed.

We cannot pretend the real world does not exist for the sake of a “safe space” of ponies.
InvisibleInkDoodles
Artist -

Joanna
@Inucroft

No one is arguing to have this site exist in isolation of the real world, but rather that external sources come with context to be evaulated, if they are going to judge our reputation based on a 0.14% then we should judge theirs on everything they’ve put out and the common opinion people have about them. The New York Post was literally created by Hamilton to spread gossip on Jefferson and it’s done nothing but spread gossip since. Atlantic articles are always written with the conclusions made first and with information sourced to back up that assumption up rather than actual journalism of looking at the evidence and allowing that to formulate a conclusion. But we know these places are gossip channels and are not legitimate news sites like the big ones. At the end of the day they played us as we all clicked their article, so they got what they wanted. Like you said nothing exists in isolation, including those reporting. Now lets make reasoned decisions based on what we know.

We cannot pretend the real world does not exist for the sake of a “safe space” of ponies.

That’s what we’re saying. The real world exists, the real world that includes police brutality, historical authoritarianism, dictators, Soulja boy, violence, abuse of power, corruption and terrible moments throughout history as well as ones that are taking place as we speak as you highlighted. We cannot pretend the real world does not exist for the sake of a “safe space” of ponies.
likeafox
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

@likeafox
You mean like the fact that this site has NEVER existed in isolation.

lolwat how does that grammatically follow what I said much less logically follow? Best I can tell is you’re saying external actors don’t exist? Are The Atlantic, the twitter mob, and a random racist cop, all members of the Derpibooru community now?
Background Pony #B384
@likeafox

They think that because they (Dilarus and his followers) still have accounts there, they are a part of Derpibooru’s community…

And it’s at the same time they already moved on to alternative sites, and the only reason they still use these accounts they now left behind is to take their revenge on Derpibooru, and to ruin this site.

Because, if they ruin this site, their alternative sites will have better chance to grow.

That’s their only reason, it seems.
InvisibleInkDoodles
Artist -

Joanna
@Background Pony #B384

So people who are critical or who have concerns over choices made aren’t true members of the community? No true member of the community would put sugar on their porridge either.

they still use these accounts they now left behind is to take their revenge on Derpibooru, and to ruin this site.

You have way more faith in my productivity then I do.
Background Pony #B384
@InvisibleInkDoodles

I wasn’t talking about actual users who stayed here and have concerns, etc.

I was talking about that mob that was organized through twitter just recently by Dilarus’s followers.

They were given a link to go here to a specifically created topic just to make an impression that users of this site are adamantly against ANY Aryanne pics being present here.

I mean those people who are blind to any reason and blinded by their hatred so much, they forget about the freedom of expression for arists and a freedom of exploration any fetishes by some people, too.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thank you all for your feedback