Concerned Users of Derpibooru

Background Pony #2A39
Deletion reason: Rule #6/0 - Please do not personally attack other users of this site
Background Pony #7146
Deletion reason: Rule #0 - Please try to be less hostile. This isn't constructive or helpful for anyone.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
This seems ridiculous. How anyone can justify banning Nazi imagery while leaving communist

If you see any images that you believe that promote hateful ideologies report it. We have been very clear and very consistent about that. BTW - you have never ever reported a single image - ever. So please report whichever images you are referring to.
Background Pony #7146
@Background Pony #7146  
Oh, I’m sorry. I can be nicer. Lemme just ask a couple questions and make a statement, then.  
Why exactly are cartoon nazis bad while cartoon pedophilia, necrophilia, rape, homophobia, communism, incest, and extreme violence and murder okay? Are you claiming that a nazi pony drawing promotes that ideology? If you do believe that, then why are all of those allowed? Why do they not promote themselves? If you don’t believe that, why are you banning it?  
Either it’s all fictional content that means nothing or it all promotes negative, and often illegal, things and you need to so some more banning.
Background Pony #ED09
This seems ridiculous. How anyone can justify banning Nazi imagery while leaving communist
If you see any images that you believe that promote hateful ideologies report it. We have been very clear and very consistent about that. BTW - you have never ever reported a single image - ever. So please report whichever images you are referring to.
Filiecs
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I posted this in the other (now locked) thread, but this is my stance on it:

The argument the mods put forth is that by allowing allowing Aryanne to be posted, they are enabling the spread of real, hateful Nazi ideology.
The problem with this stance is just how easy it is to prove that, yes, actually believing in the Nazi ideology is illogical and resorting to violence is wrong. Yet when you ban characters like Aryanne who are largely made in jest and not to be taken seriously at all you are the one legitimizing them. You are the ones who are making it seem like pictures of a cartoon horse somehow present an actual argument powerful enough to sway people to support white nationalism. It’s absolutely ridiculous, but that is what you are implying that you believe when you censor her.
If you think that somehow yes, in fact, her continued existence is contributing to the spread of Nazi ideology regardless of how easy Nazi ideology is to disprove, then you are insinuating that your entire userbase is too idiotic to be able to make logical and rational decisions based on the information presented. But of course you seem to think you know better and as people in a position of power you believe it is your responsibility to shelter these sheep from ideas which will lead them to hate, otherwise gasp you’re as bad as a Nazi.
Can you not see how insulting this is? Not only are you implying that simple pictures in memes are somehow powerful enough to convince people to support Nazi ideology, but your actions imply that you believe that your userbase as a whole isn’t rational enough to be able to see just how illogical Nazi-ism actually is.
You know what a better solution would be?
Post links to information regarding the horrors of the holocaust in a box below the images of Aryanne and other images you believe are ‘supporting Nazis’, but keep the images up. This shows that you believe that things like what Aryanne is portrayed as believing have no power in the face of actual facts.
You could post links to information regarding the atrocities of the gulags and communism below images supporting communism as well.
By censoring art, you appear to be legitimizing the point it is making by implying that logic is not strong enough to stand against it. And that you don’t believe enough in the strength of your own arguments to win people over without resorting to forceful tactics.

I am personally in support of the policy of blocking the tags you don’t like. But if the moderators really believe (without any solid evidence, if there is evidence I’d like to see it, ‘it’s obvious’ isn’t evidence) that portraying characters like Aryanne as cute somehow spreads hateful or white supremacist ideologies, and if they really believe that they are somehow responsible for this alleged spread and must go beyond their original responsibilities of simply stopping ad-hominem attacks, spam, and whatnot, then I propose looking into solutions that would actually be effective at stopping the spread of hate.

You stop the spread of ignorance and hate with education and understanding. Not censorship and fear.  
Censorship only serves to ingrain the hate you seek to fight even further into this community.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #7146  
Please re-read the first post in this thread;

This is not a place to play 20 questions with the mods or ask for official answers on policy

@Background Pony #ED09  
Posting comments in unofficial threads is not how you report images. If you want to report it, report it.

To make that hopefully more clear, I have reported 5 things already, so I’m already at the cap for opening new reports. I can’t even report that image myself right now. So if you want to report it - report it.

And please stop using this thread as a support forum. Re-read the first post if you’re not clear on the purpose of this thread.
Background Pony #ED09
Deletion reason: Rule #6 - Please report the images if you think they break a rule.
Background Pony #ED09
@Derpy Whooves  
My purpose here is to point out that the ban is arbitrary and boils down to guessworking what the derpi mods decided offends them today. What I’ve linked so far promotes, to keep the wording consistent, hatefulness.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #ED09  
I have never seen those images. I don’t see any indication that anyone else on staff has ever see those images. Those images do not appear to have ever been reported.

I am not saying that they do or do not break rules, I am saying that they have never been looked at by staff.

Why aren’t you reporting them?

Also, if you think those images should be banned across the site then you really need to open a completely separate thread to talk about it. I don’t see anything in those images that have anything to do with what we’re talking about here.
Background Pony #ED09
Oh, so you tell people to point out things that show the ruling is inconsistent when it’s done, but I have to do it elsewhere where non-admins won’t see.  
Sure. Very reasonable discussion you’re having here.  
To point it out again: According to the ban, if we want to stay consistent, the mere act of showing something in an image actively promotes, encourages, and possibly even causes it. This policy is not only stupid, but loops back to the same; The rule is nonsensical. It boils down to guessing what an admin, personally, doesn’t like.  
You’re not slipery slipping anymore bruv, you’re sliding down with no sled.
Background Pony #7146
@Derpy Whooves  
Am I not allowed to be concerned about and point out moderator hypocrisy in the thread for users concerned about moderator actions now? And it’s funny how you don’t address my point anyways, so why reply just to fall back on the “wrong thread” response?  
You know you can’t refute what I said so either try, move along and ignore, or delete it please. I’m not interested in non-answers to legitimate concerns.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #ED09  
Let me try to answer your question.

You think an image breaks a rule, so instead of reporting it, you ask me about it in a random non-official thread where I’m just hanging out as a user.

I suggest you report it.

You link ANOTHER image and I ask you to report it too, but you don’t.

What is it that you are asking me to do about those images?
Background Pony #BA40
Deletion reason: Rule #6 - You are in the wrong thread. This is not a support forum.

Literally all i did was ask if the other thread being locked means the discussion is over.  
The discussion regarding site policy that this thread is about on the site and policy forum.  
Where else am i supposed to ask that?
Filiecs
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I will also say that the orginal reason Derpibooru removed lolicon in the first place was because of legal issues associated with the country where it hosted its servers. It had nothing to do with censorship. We were told that they did not want to ban it, but had no choice.  
From what I’ve seen, that justification seems to have evolved to ‘we ban lolicon because it’s pedophelia and we think its wrong’. Which is censorship.

You cannot deny that the ideals Derpibooru was founded with no longer align with what it seems to be advocating for today.
Background Pony #ED09
@Filiecs  
Let’s leave shifting ideals aside. That happens naturally.  
The issue at hand is the ongoing sliding that’s been going on for the last few weeks, and that admins need to take a moment to look at things with a semblance of rationality. Regardless of anyone’s opinions they still don’t have a choice at lolicon, the aryanne thing is pure overreaction and bodes very bad things to come.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Filiecs  
Also we didn’t want to host some of the images that were being uploaded to the site. After EQGs, things escalated with the anthro and outright lolicon and shotacon to such a point that the owner and most of staff just didn’t want to have that content here.

We’re pretty confident some of that was illegal for us to host, but even where it was questionable whether any of us would find police waiting for us at work tomorrow because of it, we drew the line at a place where we were comfortable that none of us would have to report our addresses to the police or hand out fliers to the neighbors explaining our criminal backgrounds if we moved.

Also, the September Rule #5 change made it significantly less stressful for staff to handle the Rule #5 complaints we were receiving, and to this day it still seems to be working.
Background Pony #BA40
@Derpy Whooves  
How would it be off topic? It’s the same discussion regarding censorship, i’m not talking about the politics derail.  
The other thread is only relevant because the majority of the talk was happening there, now that it’s locked i’m just questioning whether it will continue here or if the mods will not be discussing it further.
Filiecs
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Derpy Whooves  
And that is totally reasonable. I’m not a fan of it myself, but I have seen messages of staff calling people who enjoy that content pedophiles and treating them with disgust and disdain. Which is highly unprofessional.
Background Pony #7146
@Derpy Whooves  
I have reported said image for promoting homophobia and racism under rule #5 which encompasses promoting hatred and discrimination. I do hope you will remove it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thank you all for your feedback