Viewing last 25 versions of post by alidan in topic Chrome hit a limit now getting videos/gifs is a chore

alidan

So, I try to download a video, and it brings up a filebrowser to save, this is new, it use to be one click and its done till now, for reference https://derpibooru.org/>>1513273 does it too. I generally save all gifs as videos now that I am given the option, some gifs are small and I will get them but many of obnoxiously large and I would rather go the video format over the gif.

So chrome gives me a small bar at the bottom with the far right option being to download it.

Great, the problem, previously it just saved and added a number to it. Full (1) to full (100) but with 101 I had to name it myself.

Looking into it, it seems chrome will only auto do 100 files like this before it demands I start doing it myself.

So, I have to ask, is there any interest in putting in a download option to download the video with a specific name or is this just something I have to get use to dealing with every 100 gifs?
Reason: better title for issue.
Edited by Oatsy
alidan

Ok, so chrome crashed when I opened a 10kx10k image, That forced it to update, something I was putting off for a long time.

So, I try to download a video, and it brings up a filebrowser to save, this is new, it use to be one click and its done till now, for reference https://derpibooru.org/1513273 does it too. I generally save all gifs as videos now that I am given the option, some gifs are small and I will get them but many of obnoxiously large and I would rather go the video format over the gif.

So chrome gives me a small bar at the bottom with the far right option being to download it.

Great, the problem, previously it just saved and added a number to it. Full (1) to full (100) but with 101 I had to name it myself.

Looking into it, it seems chrome will only auto do 100 files like this before it demands I start doing it myself.

So, I have to ask, is there any interest in putting in a download option to download the video with a specific name or is this just something I have to get use to dealing with every 100 gifs?
Reason: better title for issue.
Edited by alidan
alidan

Ok, so chrome crashed when I opened a 10kx10k image, That forced it to update, something I was putting off for a long time.

So, I try to download a video, and it brings up a filebrowser to save, this is new, it use to be one click and its done till now, for reference https://derpibooru.org/1513273 does it too. I generally save all gifs as videos now that I am given the option, some gifs are small and I will get them but many of obnoxiously large and I would rather go the video format over the gif.

No reason given
Edited by alidan