Can't downvote spoilered images from the main/search page

PawelS
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Silly Druid
@LightningBolt  
Well, I’m still going to downvote the images I don’t like, so this rule just makes me to do a few more unnecessary clicks in order to do so. I don’t get this logic, but thanks for trying to explain it to me anyway.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@PawelS  
Dear user,

As per rule #6:  
Do not indiscriminately downvote images based on their tags and/or content. Instead, filter content you do not wish to see.

Downvoting things only for their theme is against the rules, downvotes should be for artistic value and merit and not the content.

Should you insist on downvoting images you don’t like for their specific theme where you could hide them with filters, specially things already on your filter; your downvotes will be considered invalid and will be destroyed, furthermore a ban might be applicable.

Thank you for your comprehension.
PawelS
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Silly Druid
@Fleetfoot  
Now I get it, the goal is to prevent the users from downvoting images only because of a tag they have. That’s not what I want to do, I always view the image itself before deciding if I like it or not. So I’m OK with the inconvenience as long as it prevents other users from breaking the rules.
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@PawelS  
You know what normal people do when they see an image they don’t like?

They don’t open it.

Why can’t you be like them? Just use the gorram filters.
Background Pony Numeral Uno
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@JP  
You know what good netizens do when they see an image with such glaring artistic flaws that its obvious from the thumbnails?

They downvote them.

The system is there to help surface the good content and sink the crap for the benefit of everyone. Why can’t you be like them and use it?
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony Numeral Uno  
@JP  
Filters don’t work for images with “identical content” but differing “artistic value” - there isn’t a tag for “this picture is shitty” and, in fact, adding one is against both guidelines and reason because opinions is what faves, upvotes, downvotes and comments are for. Filters also don’t work when the image isn’t tagged properly, including actively mistagging it because, for example, not political.

@DragonRanger  
You know perfectly well that they do not.

@PawelS  
It was impossible for literally as long as I remember, i.e. most of derpibooru’s existence. Also, why are you using spoilers on a permanent basis in the first place?
PawelS
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Silly Druid
@JP  
@Barhandar  
I don’t use spoilers for the kind of content I don’t like and definitely don’t want to see - that’s what the hide filters are for. I use spoilers as a warning that maybe there is something I don’t like on the picture, but maybe not, it depends on how it’s done, so I still need to see the image to decide.
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@PawelS  
Spoilers can be set to reveal on hover. You don’t even have to open the image to see it. Therefore downvoting them serves no purpose. You didn’t like that image, move the cursor away from it, maybe click the “hide” button, and then focus your attention on the next image.

@Background Pony Numeral Uno  
I can’t comment on this because I’ve never used score-based filtering. I don’t know how useful/effective it really is.

@Barhandar  
I agree that sometimes we get images that truly deserve a downvote. I know, I’ve downvoted numerous images over the years too. Mostly because they slipped through my filters due to bad tagging or because I wasn’t yet filtering something (most of my downvotes are from the early days on Derpi). And the ability to hide individual images has not always existed. These days, when I see something I really don’t want to see and can’t ignore it, I just click the hide button if the image does not have any tag that can be hidden without causing collateral, and move on.
PawelS
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Silly Druid
@JP  
This brings us to the question what’s the purpose of downvoting images at all. For me it’s an opportunity to express my opinion on it, so other users can see if something is liked or disliked. It doesn’t have anything to do with the ability to hide it.
Woodcut

Green means go!
@PawelS  
If you downvote the image you can’t see, that means you don’t like the image for no reason. And that isn’t nice.  
Regardless of the tag(s), the images didn’t deserve an instant downvote.

There is the point of downvoting images, and it must be done for a (proper) reason.
PawelS
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Silly Druid
@Woodcut  
As I said earlier, I always want to see the image before deciding if I upvote or downvote it. But sometimes seeing the thumbnail is enough, so in case of spoilered images downvoting requires a few more clicks. It’s not a big deal for me though, the whole point of making this thread is that I just wanted to know why it is so, and I got my answer.
Woodcut

Green means go!
But sometimes seeing the thumbnail is enough

Well, I see your point. But the fact is that you still don’t know what that image was.  
I don’t think it’s a big deal either. It’s just nicer if you’re sure that you don’t like it…

And you don’t have to downvote the image only because you don’t like it - You can just use this feature as an alternate upvote button, since the images you downvoted are listed in your downvoted images.  
You can do it just because, if you want to.

The images are auto-spoilered when they reach -50 (or more; IDK). So I hope that answers your question…now for sure.
PawelS
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Silly Druid
The images are auto-spoilered when they reach -50 (or more; IDK).

You mean under the default filter? Because it doesn’t seem to work this way for me.
Woodcut

Green means go!
@PawelS  
I currently checked the Default filter and it hides these images. I was almost correct.

So if the image reaches the score of -50, it will be hidden.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Background Pony #7F84  
That would seem fair, for the sake of UX consistency. It would also be handy to be able to remove votes and favourites from spoilered thumbnails, rather than opening the image page, but that gets into special case territory.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide