Bring back Grid view

Imanassman

Grid view was awesome and I always used it to get a quick overview of everything. The way all the images tiled together was :awesome:

I am the only person to ever use that feature?
Carcer
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Carcer> "Officer, unless I threatened to **** him in the ass, I don't believe I could have reasonably expected him to stop using my website."
Since the Beginning  - Posted the very first image. Indexes start at zero!

Inexplicably in power
I liked it too. Back when we removed it, though, the damn thing was a serious load risk because someone could happily just start at current and scroll back to the beginning of time, forcing the site to rapidly try and thumbnail every image in the entire database at once to serve to you. Back when we didn’t have persistent thumbnails and only stored them in cache, that would mean a truly ridiculous amount of image resizing operations, which are not computationally trivial, and could seriously slow down the site for extended periods. OTOH now that we store thumbnails persistently this probably wouldn’t be so serious but I imagine it’d still be a pain in the cache.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide