72.73% 40 votes
No, simply alert the administrations if this happens
27.27% 15 votes

Poll ended with 55 votes.

Dust Rock
United Equestria - For supporting the site
Nyx - For supporting the site
Nyx - For supporting the site
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Platinum Supporter - Platinum Supporter
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -

Demonic Blood
How do you block someone who you find goes off on unrelated tangents from both your private messages (inbox) and comments?

I’m specifically being targeted by a user known as Beltar who has had a history of trying to start crass conversations that eventually derail from the current topic and lead into their own off topic opinions such as “Starlight Glimmer being a terrible character” despite nothing being related to that at all.

I believe there needs to be a system to hide users in the same fashion one can filter out images. I know I am not the only one with this issue, correct? That is why the Duck Badge was invented, yet it truly needs to come back in use for some individuals, including the one harassing me.

In short; I recommend a blocking system.

Either way, thank you for your time and have a nice day.
Background Pony #FF1A
Would the block system simply serve to hide private message threads, comments and posts from the offending user? If so I’m in agreement.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
Just my personal take - if there was such a feature, that’s speculative.

For now, please report people if they are tangenting to unrelated topics or harassing you. If someone is doing this to you, there’s a really good chance you’re not alone, and we’d rather talk directly to the person causing the problem to see if there is a way that they can be a better friend (or at least tolerant) to everyone else on the site than have each person on the site who they interact with having to deal with it.

In any case, having staff deal with someone who is stalking or harassing someone else can help save the artist from having to deal with it.

@Background Pony #FF1A  
That seems like a useful feature. For images we already have that with filtering the uploader (where know) and with PMs you can do that PM by PM (although you can’t exclude everything from a single person). Perhaps a “Hide this profile” on the profile itself which blocked all uploads, comments, posts, and PMs from that person would help. Although I have no idea what that would mean from an implementation standpoint. Seems like it could add a lot of processing on load.
Awkward Segway
Babysitter Trixie - For Patreon supporters
Twilight Sparkle - For Patreon supporters
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Platinum Supporter - Platinum Patron

OG Pippsqueak
One issue with this is not being able to block people who comment anonymously. Honestly, the only user I would consider blocking would be the one who kept leaving comments of one to three words on screenshots from the clip show episodes (example) and a few other images. I’m not sure if that person is still doing that at all, but they were doing it anonymously, so I wouldn’t be able to block them.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
I understand as I’ve been unfairly blocked from people’s DeviantArt pages many times.

One time a guy blocked me, and began talking schmitz behind my back on DA, and because I was “blocked” I couldn’t defend myself from him trying to spread false information that I was a “troll,” because I couldn’t access his DA page, nor even respond to his comments outside of it. I reported it to DA admins, (with links to his comments) they just told me to block him back, which would’ve helped nothing. Oy vey…

Most recently, a Sonic fan whom was posting false information about Sega, & Sonic comic writer Ian Flynn, and insisting the SonAmy ‘ship was “canon,” and such. Apparently, anyone disagreeing is a “block” offense as far as they’re concerned.  
You’d be surprised how many times I was blocked just for disagreeing politely.
VermiIIion
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Is it possible to block a specific uploader so you can’t see what they post? I want to block one guy, not every artists work they upload. Sorry for the necro
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@VermiIIion  
If the uploader is ‘named’ - you can add this to your Complex Hide filter (using your uploads as an example):

(uploader:VermiIIion)

Here is an example of a filter created using this method.

If they are not ‘named’ - that is, if they are uploading as a “Background Pony”, please report them and if it seems actionable we can ask them to start uploading ‘named’ so people can filter their uploads.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide