Ask the Mods Important Questions (jk it's politics again)

Background Pony #173C
Does rule 5 bullet point 4 explicitly prevent the uploading of Aryanne? How does this translate to ‘edgy’ jokes with her, for example?
Background Pony #173C
@Background Pony #173C  
So Aryanne outright isn’t banned, but basically all content of her is? Will this retroactively apply to images previously posted to the site?

I also believed there was a previous comment from a moderator that said something about only temporarily banning the new stuff meant to stir drama, yet this change seems to apply to basically all Aryanne content going forward. Before the rule was about posting Nazi Propaganda, but now it also includes trivializing it - does not the very existence of Aryanne trivialize Nazism?
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Background Pony #173C  
As with most every rule changes, we don’t bulk delete existing content.

It was clarified that this sort of rule would last until a statement as simple as “black lives matter” would not be met with discussion or even disagreement; given how things have been going, that might need another century.
Background Pony #173C
@The Frowning Pony  
@Blossomforth

Sorry for kind of reiterating myself here, but just to be clear on policy: Posting Aryanne content that isn’t in some way portraying Aryanne in a bad light is banned going forward, correct?
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Background Pony #173C  
It’s going to depend on the image, but if an image is trying to make nazis or a nazi avatar/supporter look cute/funny, then it’s a nope. Yes, that is going to constitute the majority of the sort of images Aryanne is usually in by the nature of what she is and how she’s generally been used and portrayed.
PeppermintSwirl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Dash is best
Why is glorified Nazism being the only horrific ideology deleted? I’d argue images that glorify Communism should also be deleted considering it makes light the horrific atrocities that took place in the Soviet Union and China, ones that still aren’t even being discussed. Not trying to downplay the importance of the updated rule but I seriously think all of the Communist images as well are extremely offensive to the people who actually lived in the Soviet Union and/or Communist China
PeppermintSwirl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Dash is best
@Background Pony #8574  
I’m just saying. I think it honestly needs to be taken into consideration if we’re to ban Nazi images. I don’t mind either decision but I don’t want it to be a one sided rule if they decide to do this. Soviets were basically the Nazis of the east.
Boxless

stop using Derpi lmao
@Background Pony #8574  
To be fair, he’s got a point, if you’re going to censor one extreme in the name of keeping down extremism, you better do the other end in as well. Especially on the reasoning.

They won’t and probably won’t even give him an answer if the post stays active, though.
Background Pony #D37B
First they came for the Nazis, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Nazi.
Then they came for the edgelords, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t an edgelord.
Then they came for the conservatives, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a conservative.
Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up for me.

This will be the unfortunate sentiment going forward. People were warning that with greater restrictions and a blank check for Rule #0 we would be seeing increasing censorship, despite the reassurances of the staff. Now every fear is essentially confirmed as the sentiment “every viewpoint is allowed here as long as it doesn’t encourage violence or target individuals” is officially dead and buried. It’s actually happening and with the explicit intentions of the staff there’s no going back.
Background Pony #6547
@Background Pony #173C
It’s going to depend on the image, but if an image is trying to make [aryanne, kyrie, etc etc] look cute/funny, then it’s a nope. Yes, that is going to constitute the majority of the sort of images Aryanne is usually in by the nature of what she is and how she’s generally been used and portrayed.

I don’t like to weigh in on these kinds of things since I’m a literal nobody that doesn’t really have a say, but this seems kind of like an extreme snap decision. That’s an entire group of fan characters that have been around for most of the fandom and have been welcome on this site for the past decade, suddenly banned (except for abuse art) because one person wrote a news article in the middle of some very serious IRL drama. It’s not even the first of its kind either, it just got more attention because of current events.  
It’s not my site and not my decision and I understand how hard of a spot you folks are in because of the constantly growing clusterfuck, but it feels like a shitty thing to do since so much of their art is focused on them being cute ponies and isn’t really focused on promoting political extremism. I mean, look at pictures like >>2091528, >>1699194 (deleted), or >>1443565, which are nolonger allowed.
Background Pony #0E7E
@The Frowning Pony  
I’ve seen mods delete images that say “It’s ok to be white”. People disagree with that not because they think it’s not ok to be white, but because of their perception of the movement behind it. The same goes with the BLM organization, whose co-founder is a self-described Marxist. It’s just as ok to disagree with “It’s ok to be white” as it is disagree with the BLM movement, whose website advocates defunding the police (please look at the BLM official website, you can see what BLM supports and why people disagree with them; 64% of Americans oppose defunding the police).

Respectfully, as mods, it is not your job to prohibit opposition to defunding the police or other things that support of the Black Lives Matter official organization entails, unless you prohibit all expression of political opinions whatsoever–including prohibiting support of the Black Lives Matter official organization itself. Otherwise, you’re just silencing people who disagree with defunding the police, silencing 64% of Americans.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@PeppermintSwirl  
@Boxless  
Soviet and Chinese flavors of communism were failed ideologies that did not have “murder these specific groups of people based on inherent traits”. Images representing those ideologies are also exceedingly rare, and if any are uploaded that make fun of some massacre or similar, it’d be handled on its own.

@Background Pony #45A2  
Given the images I’ve seen of them, most likely unaffected.

@Background Pony #6547  
1443565 would be unaffected. In any case, this was a long time coming and the discussion about it began well before that “article”, or even before the matter of the most ongoing BLM protests, though all the recent hullabaloo has had an effect on the timeline.

@Zerowinger  
Without going through the images, most likely unaffected as it’s just basic poses and uniforms (and of far more than just nazis).

If people want to discuss politics and the merits of certain political or social movements, there’s already a thread for that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Devolved into another politics thread