Ask the Mods Important Questions (jk it's politics again)

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Is there a specific criteria for when users with repeated problem behavior get moonbanned? Or does it depend on the user and what their problem behavior is?
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
Is it wrong to report all the post from a spammer who post the same thing in lots of threads, even going so far to be completely off topic? I did that and apparently never knew you could only make 5 reports at the time.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Twi Clown  
No, it’s not wrong, we’d like to know about spam as quickly as possible. The limit is present because people don’t read the reporting guidelines.
Toastypk
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
There’s this great image of Ocellus transforming into the Pillars in the Silver Quill review of one of the MLP comics. Is that ok to put on this site? I know there are issues with putting too much of something from the comics on here. Is it fair game since it’s on the review page?
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
Please help me a user named David Murphy said flimjack is a crack ship in my work but I removed it because the show is over and I don’t consider a crack ship because anything can happen but he came back told me it is and re put the crack ship tag and the older tag when it’s the young applejack with older applejack hair but I removed it again I don’t want this to continue I don’t know if you could but can you please make the art permanently unable to be re tag as crack ship or older because again I don’t want this to continue also if the person does not like the ship he can leave the art alone and look at other art
OneMoreAnonymous
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I just noticed, via Google, that Derpibooru claims to be a “linear imagebooru”. Aren’t boorus, as tag-centered imageboards, nonlinear by definition, in contrast to the linearity of Futaba clones?
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@OneMoreAnonymous  
Fuck if I know my dude, prior to ponibooru nobody involved in this site knew what the internet was.

But more seriously, the major “posts” go numerically upwards and are all, save for deletions, available. Filtering and search is an optional user-defined layer on top of that.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@OneMoreAnonymous  
Maybe if you’re going by the definition on Wikipedia, but it’s not exactly clear what the article on imageboards means by “linear”

The way I view it is that Booru-style imageboards are linear, because:

1. Posts (Images) are, by default, ordered in a reverse-chronological state based on time of creation  
  2. Posts (Images) exist only at one level, and new posts cannot be added as replies to other posts.

This means that you can start at one end and keep clicking “next” until you reach the other end, and everything will remain in a consistent order, making it very easy to view everything. So if we look at the hierarchy of a Booru-style imageboard, the posts (which are always images) form a neat, ordered line:  
    full

In comparison, Futaba-style imageboards strike me as more of a nonlinear, nested structure, as:

3. Posts can be at two levels - Top Level/OP (Images) and Reply (Images or Text)  
  4. Top Level Posts are ordered chronologically based on the age of the latest reply

This causes the order of top level posts to shift around constantly as replies are added. So if you start viewing one thread, the thread that was metaphorically “next” may get a reply and jump back to the top of the structure, causing you to miss it if you click next. This makes it very difficult to view everything on even a moderately-active board, as content is constantly shifting order and may be nested inside other content:  
    full
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@ArmadilloEater  
Image pools are more actinides/lantanides than futabas, in that they appear as one image (on compact periodic tables) but are actually multiple and can be navigated through like they’re multiple.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Devolved into another politics thread