Artists, you shouldn't DNP if you care about the future of site!

NamelessNP
Glim Glam - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Ruby -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Starlight and Sunny Fan
i personally think it’s a good thing that people make alternative sites to derpibooru, this relieves the pressure from the staff team and opens up opportunities for them to do as they wish without the pressure of being the only pony image hosting site of it’s kind.

Are you planning to make more changes like this without talking to the community first?  
That’s what it sounds like from this quote

@Background Pony #3B75

Also, my concern with having things spread over several boorus is having to browse duplicate content to on multiple sites to find unique stuff, it can already get a bit time consuming to keep up with just one booru on more active days, trying to do so with 2-4 boorus will be prohibitively so
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Background Pony #80F7  
If you’re posting as a background pony, can you really call it “on the record”? full

@Luna  
The free market of pony boorus is ultimately healthier and more resilient. Unfortunately, it’s less convenient for users who expect one singular complete repositor. None the less, I’d rather have an account for each of 6 pony artboards than an account each for Tumblr, Twitter, and DA (let alone join Instagram).

@NamelessNP  
You and I seem in agreement on this post.
Background Pony #D71C
@Clear Vision

@Background Pony #80F7

I agree that the DNP situation is pretty bad, bit too late to fight that now though, derpi opened a real bad can of worms with petty politics, and staff cannot be trusted, likely ever again  
This is the new age, where artist’s wants/rights will likely longer be relevant with many of the new boorus, and none of these boorus would have come out of the woodworks to begin with, if derpi just stayed politically neutral to begin with
Background Pony #E23A
I don’t understand the rationale of artists that are going DNP because they are anti-censorship.

“Censorship is bad, so I’m censoring my content from this site”
Background Pony #3020
@Background Pony #E23A  
Censorship  
  1. the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.

If i draw something and i decide that i won’t give it to someone, this has nothing, really nothing, in common with censorship.  
    But anyway, it doesn’t matter anymore because the reports of the pro-censorship twitter mob to patreon were successful and derpibooru will not be able to stay afloat now, because the pro-censorship platform gets censored by an larger platform.  
    What irony.
Background Pony #FB27
@Background Pony #4BF7

I mean… If the site gets shut down, then you will essentially be saying “BURN ALL MY STUFF, RIGHT NOW OR ELSE!” and also getting everything that’s been created here over many years deleted. OP is right.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Background Pony #FB27  
The site’s wellbeing doesn’t trump the rights of artists to think that something is rotten and avoid it. Sadly, with the new rule changes, I support anyone who feels uncomfortable with them abandoning ship.

Even without the changes, DNPs are an important to follow ethical guideline.
Background Pony #5CB9
@Background Pony #FB27  
Unless an artist is demanding you delete all of their art off of your own hard drive, they are not saying “BURN ALL MY STUFF, RIGHT NOW OR ELSE!” by having their art taken down. Please stop using that analogy.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Given that only three artists who went DNP in July have had art under their tag uploaded since, and one of those three was me and another was in stark violation, there’s no going back anymore. It’s too late to bring those artists back, ever.

Considering nearly a quarter of all DNP requests ever made was just the last four weeks, we’ve suffered a huge blow…
Background Pony #8E41
@Wiimeiser

And they’ve not all be sorted, either. I did mine 28 days ago and it’s still not been done. So either there’s a LOT of DNPs or they’re just ignoring them.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
And they’ve not all be sorted, either. I did mine 28 days ago and it’s still not been done. So either there’s a LOT of DNPs or they’re just ignoring them.

There’s about 50 people ahead of you in line.

@Clear Vision  
What did you give as your reason? I recently requested a DNP on Derpi and got it done on the same day, so maybe your request was deliberately ignored.

Yours was a simple DNP, no takedown. Those get handled faster because they are faster.
Cosoca

*Blocks Your Path*
@Background Pony #8317  
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  
I wonder if this is what the admins thought would happen when they decided to kow tow to some ego tripping twitter goons.

If this website dies you can’t blame the people filing DNPs, they didn’t start this garbage and there is no problem with them not wanting their works associated with whatever this site claims to stand for, which depending on who you ask, is either Nazi Sympathy or radical authoritarianism on behalf of some communist twitter lunatics.

And whether you like it or not, Altboorus ARE the solution, competition will solve this problem, if Derpibooru cant do what is necessary to keep its users then it will die and be replaced. Derpibooru is a platform, the onus is 100% on them to make this a favorable place for producers and consumers to congregate, if they will not do that then they should die off so someone who will provide that platform can take their place, it’s as simple as that.

Working as intended.
Background Pony #9C09
@Cosoca  
I am pretty sure MySpace also thought it will never be replaced.

And look where it is now.

Same might be coming for Derpibooru if they do not read the writing on the wall.
Background Pony #10CA
@Background Pony #8317  
but I dont care about the future of this site. im utterly sick of people stepping on my freedom, and the moderation team has proven to be fucking evil. its over.
Background Pony #575A
Why would I care about a website run by a bunch of actual psychopaths and communists
Hisexpliciteditor
Artist -

Survivor of MW2 Lobbies
Also, my concern with having things spread over several boorus is having to browse duplicate content to on multiple sites to find unique stuff, it can already get a bit time consuming to keep up with just one booru on more active days, trying to do so with 2-4 boorus will be prohibitively so.
Try installing this, it will save you the time doing so

@Clear Vision
The problem here is that many of these sites are just importing directly from Derpibooru, have (almost) no rules and out of those that you listed, only Ponybooru even offers DNPs, or a chance for artists to be listened to at all. If an artist doesn’t want their work posted somewhere, there’s a reason. My reason is that these sites have poorly written rules, some of my links in the descriptions are broken and I cannot change it, or they’re just extremely unprofessional/4chan-esque.
I don’t care about being pro or anti-censorship, I just want control over my own artwork in terms of how and where it’s publicly displayed, and that shouldn’t be too much to ask for. What other artists choose to do with their work is not my business.
That the unnecessary evil that was created, after this whole DNPs civil war fiasco. They have the choice of denying artists control of their artwork and be just a art archiving site or be a alternative to Derpibooru.

@Background Pony #575A  
Why would I care about a website run by a bunch of actual psychopaths and communists
Because they bring in a bunch of pedos and child molesters scandals. While simultaneously banning people that don’t “toe the line” or they don’t like in general.
Clear Vision
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Artist -

Petrolhead Artist
That the unnecessary evil that was created, after this whole DNPs civil war fiasco. They have the choice of denying artists control of their artwork and be just a art archiving site or be a alternative to Derpibooru.

So far the main argument that I’ve seen is that they believe that art should be preserved (as well as the history of the fandom), but why do that now after the controversy has happened?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Derailed into a debates about censorship, whether or how to fuck Nazis, and a historical consideration of the real role of Nazis