Artists, you shouldn't DNP if you care about the future of site!

Background Pony #8317
Artists filing DNP arts is a very bad idea!

If a lot of artists who draw some specific fetish (which might be a target for censorship in the future) would abandon the site, then here will be much less arts of that kind left on Derpibooru.

As a result, Derpibooru’s staff will be less hesitant to give in to the possible pressure and attacks from the Twitter mob or other pro-censorship people. In other words, the more artists will DNP their arts, the more likely it actually happens so the site would actually accept more demands from Twitter.

Conclusion: by continuing posting arts on Derpibooru, the artists would increase the chances of Derpibooru surviving a possible new attack from a pro-censorship crowd in the future.

Someone once said: “If the heroes run and hide, who will stay and fight?”

The artists (the content creators) are the heroes.

They need to be here on Derpibooru to fight back if more of pro-censorship people come.

If you abandoned the site when anti-nazi people came, we wouldn’t have this compromise, and all Aryanne arts would be gone by now!
Background Pony #36FC
just move here ponybooru.org is a new start this site is already sunk and use gatekeeping to keep the pro censor here and furbooru
Background Pony #8317
@Background Pony #36FC  
It didn’t sink yet.

But people abandoning it just because a few overt hate speech arts are being banned, is what will destroy this site.

This whole splitting into a bunch of altboorus isn’t an option. It’s just people caring to state their opinions more than to preserve this site.

Let the pro-censorship people have their altbooru instead. But stay here!
Background Pony #3B75
Derpibooru is NOT your own personal archive (the staff claimed that Derpi stopped being an archive long ago.Therefore,the staff can censor whatever they want whenever they feel like clicking the delete button.

If you want an archive isn’t biased, Ponerpics,Twibooru, Rainbooru, Ponybooru and The Pony Archive do a better job at keeping that material.

@Background Pony #8317  

The developers behind the altboorus are the heroes,avoiding a monopoly that prevents situations like the one we are experiencing. Not only the content creators are the heroes,those who support that they can create anything without fearing any creative limit or taboo also contribute to guarantee the creative freedom of those creators.

As for Twitter, they only like attention,likes,RTs and a routine full of vicious circles thst feed their political bias and ego. People will eventually realize that Twitter is the root of many problems because of a format that encourages a black and white mentality without having the chance to argue,unlike forums or imageboards.

People will move to the booru they want according to their preferences after this mess. However, Twitter definitely shouldn’t be recommended to anyone. Period.
Background Pony #8317
@Background Pony #3B75  
What makes you think that altboorus have a big future?  
As soon as they become bigger and more popular than Derpibooru, the same situation might happen there. They will become new targets for public judgement and random articles!

And it will be repeating forever. People abandoning a site and creating a new altbooru…  
This is insane.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Background Pony #8317  
Until such a time as another archive contains the breadth and depth of this one (containing as close to a totality of pony artwork in as neutral a manner as possible) fighting against censorship must be, indeed, is, an ethical imperative. The administration called this site an archive in the tweet that set off this whole firestorm and those of us who oppose the evil of censorship for this community, for every member of this community, to include artists who make art we, even I personally do not like. This is, currently, the largest art archive for this community and I will continue trying to fight against its succumbing to this form of evil.

If these situation is truly untenable, if we cannot argue back against this, then leaving is the only option that remains. As much of Derpi as possible will need to be manually uploaded elsewhere in a truly neutral archive, a task I’m sure other members of the community will be up to, given time. Competition is good for this environment as well. Having only one archive means that the administration can decide to censor the community without ramification, as this one currently has.

Thus, I will fight this every step of the way, until it becomes apparent that leaving is the only sensible option.
Background Pony #26C8
What makes you think that altboorus have a big future?

they have depending on what the market decides to choose and invest their time in the end.

As soon as they become bigger and more popular than Derpibooru, the same situation might happen there. They will become new targets for public judgement and random articles!

no, that won´t happen again because the fanbase is learning a really valuable lesson to remember in the future, not to mention that the owners have been writing down notes on how not to moderate a site. They know that the altboorus were created because of this, so no matter how many changes they take, they will know and acknowledge(and their own users will call out) their origins. The monopoly had to end in order to face consequences for the failures that each site commits on their own. If one of them fails, another one will take the spotlight instead and so until they realize about what went wrong.

Also, you have not mentioned the root of the problem that RUINS a community. What ruins a site and what has happened here doesn´t simply come because of a corrupt biased management (by relying on political tactics just to get ahead and maintain the power).

What repeats that fear you are displaying here doesn´t simply come from moderators but from fans whose education leaves a lot to be desired, have such huge blind viewpoints that they reach a really extreme radicalization and bias and eventually, causing others to feel limited because it harms/offends their viewpoints. When you have people that don´t even understand the actual message of a book like Fahrenheit 451 that the author intended, then you know that when they cannot even comprehend an intelectual piece (and even using it partially just to accommodate to their ideology, ignoring the rest of its content and/or context), you know that they will have a really messed up baseline for any discussion about feedback. If the critical thinking coming from those who complain is actually that narrow-minded, then you will know that the slippery slope will begin because those people won´t face the reality at any moment that they live in a society with tons of grayish layers (because they don´t want to burst their own personal safe space/bubble)

If you want to focus on the root of the problem, it´s not the booru by itself but the users who cannot understand an open minded discussion without getting blinded by their own ideology, spreading constant tension and following an agenda just to feel temporarily satisfied but still looking for more and more.

What represents an actual threat to freedom in creativity is that trend in radicalizing your mind. Twitter boosts and encourages this dangerous mindset to such enormous levels that you wonder if there are people who deserve to stay in a mental home for a good amount of time. This doesn´t only apply to MLP but in general, that social site works the same for any topic that will get intoxicated among biased politics that leads to inflammatory bait one way or another.

Look at the knowledge and the quality of the arguments of these users and moderators first, then you will predict if a big site gets ruined or not.
Luna
Luna - For Patreon supporters
Woona - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Luna Best Pony~
i personally think it’s a good thing that people make alternative sites to derpibooru, this relieves the pressure from the staff team and opens up opportunities for them to do as they wish without the pressure of being the only pony image hosting site of it’s kind. i whole-heartedly support all new boorus and genuinely wish them the best of luck, my only hope is that they will succeed at what they do!

People can use whichever site they wish and trust, nobody is forcing anyone to use Derpibooru specifically.

DNPs are the choice of the artist, and it’s fine if they don’t want their stuff to be posted on Derpibooru, but I think that a lot of artists should have put a bit more thought into why they’re DNPing, instead of following the trend.
Background Pony #8317
@Luna

As an average user, I prefer convenience.  
And I liked keeping all my pony favorites in one place.

It’s sad to see the biggest pony archive end up like this…
Background Pony #8317
whole-heartedly support all new boorus and genuinely wish them the best of luck, my only hope is that they will succeed at what they do!

You should be careful with what you say.

Apparently people on 4chan are watching you all here, and their main theory is that the staff here welcomed this whole drama because they wanted to burn this site in the first place and split into different altboorus.
Background Pony #36FC
you think you can escape it in the end they will find away to those other booru and corupt them there alway way is inevatable humans are easy to radicalize
Background Pony #36FC
because they thing the owner of that place is another person and the rule there are different but i dare to say that the staff of derp are in there working in the shadows i dont say it possible but it can be a possibility
Background Pony #4BF7
Why would a customer want to stay in an establishment when it has a parking lot that is notorious for having employees go out and check your car for defects, only to slash your tires if they think they found one?  
Especially when there are several new stores popping up that instead have employees out there in the lots doing their actual job and picking up carts?
Clear Vision
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

Petrolhead Artist
@Background Pony #8317

OP, while I think I understand the general sentiment that you’re going for, I don’t think you’re thinking about it in the right way.

If a lot of artists who draw some specific fetish (which might be a target for censorship in the future) would abandon the site, then here will be much less arts of that kind left on Derpibooru.

What point are you trying to make here? That only art which caters to fetishes matters?

As a result, Derpibooru’s staff will be less hesitant to give in to the possible pressure and attacks from the Twitter mob or other pro-censorship people. In other words, the more artists will DNP their arts, the more likely it actually happens so the site would actually accept more demands from Twitter.

That’s not how that would work… if there’s more art of a questionable nature, than the Twitter mobs will only see it as a greater problem. Again, what point are you trying to prove?

Someone once said: “If the heroes run and hide, who will stay and fight?”

I can agree with this somewhat, but only because this site, and all the other alternatives that have been made wouldn’t exist without pony artists.

They need to be here on Derpibooru to fight back if more of pro-censorship people come.
If you abandoned the site when anti-nazi people came, we wouldn’t have this compromise, and all Aryanne arts would be gone by now!

Fight back by drawing more Aryanne? I would like to clarify that DNPs alone do not remove existing content (but an artist can request certain images or all of their images to be deleted alongside their DNP). Therefore, asking artists to not put themselves under DNP does nothing to solve the problem, especially since many have already submitted DNPs. You’re way too late for that.

@Background Pony #3B75

If you want an archive isn’t biased, Ponerpics,Twibooru, Rainbooru, Ponybooru and The Pony Archive do a better job at keeping that material.

The problem here is that many of these sites are just importing directly from Derpibooru, have (almost) no rules and out of those that you listed, only Ponybooru even offers DNPs, or a chance for artists to be listened to at all. If an artist doesn’t want their work posted somewhere, there’s a reason. My reason is that these sites have poorly written rules, some of my links in the descriptions are broken and I cannot change it, or they’re just extremely unprofessional/4chan-esque.

I don’t care about being pro or anti-censorship, I just want control over my own artwork in terms of how and where it’s publicly displayed, and that shouldn’t be too much to ask for. What other artists choose to do with their work is not my business.

@Luna  
DNPs are the choice of the artist, and it’s fine if they don’t want their stuff to be posted on Derpibooru, but I think that a lot of artists should have put a bit more thought into why they’re DNPing, instead of following the trend.

The thing is, all the alternative boorus that I know of except Ponybooru don’t give that choice. I have no problems with Derpibooru, but I requested one anyway just to stop my art being posted here, and subsequently being directly imported to other sites from people runing scripts.
Background Pony #8317
What point are you trying to make here? That only art which caters to fetishes matters?

No. But the point is that the pro-censorship mob would only ever attack controversial arts, and majority of such arts are fetish arts.

That’s not how that would work… if there’s more art of a questionable nature, than the Twitter mobs will only see it as a greater problem. Again, what point are you trying to prove?

Aryanne arts were just a fraction of one percent of all arts, and still all of them were attacked.

especially since many have already submitted DNPs. You’re way too late for that.

It’s possible to reverse DPNs.

My reason is that these sites have poorly written rules, some of my links in the descriptions are broken and I cannot change it, or they’re just extremely unprofessional/4chan-esque.

I agree. That’s the problem, too.
Background Pony #80F7
I just want to go on record that all of the other spinoff boorus are complete shit because they do not respect DNPs, and they allow stolen content from Patreon & other crowdfunded platforms. This will only drive artists away entirely, on top of the Derpi chaos, and plunge the entire fandom into a brand new dark age.
Background Pony #8317
@Background Pony #80F7

Interesting information.

Perhaps, after trying to find alternatives, many artists who did DNP at first would realize that even with that updated Rule #0 Derpibooru is still the most reliable place for them.
Background Pony #0634
@Background Pony #8317  
Ok. That’s fine. I literally don’t understand, alternative websites is a perfect solution to this situation, suck up the minor inconvenience and deal with it
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Derailed into a debates about censorship, whether or how to fuck Nazis, and a historical consideration of the real role of Nazis