[API] What's "interactions" json key used for in image resultsets?

The Darkness
The Darkness -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Dark Chaos Overlord
I’ve been digging around in the API for numerous reasons (my own client for Derpibooru that is CLI driven, a nicer API documentation page that uses the OpenAPI 3.0.x spec, and some other chaos because I sometimes validate what I see on the GUI with the equivalent API object).
I’ve found two things undocumented when there’s an array of objects returned.
The first is the “total” key when there’s an array of one or more objects returned in the JSON response. Self-explanatory: it’s the total number of objects that would be returned by the query. So when doing an images search, it can be used to determine how many pages you need if you’re trying to scrape all the JSON objects.
The second is not documented anywhere, and that’s the “interactions” key. It’s an empty array in many cases, but I’m confused what it’s for. What is the interactions array supposed to be for, and what type of data does that array hold?
(This may sound like an odd technical request, I’m happy to divert this request to the backend development repo if I have to, but wasn’t sure if someone could document it a little better or at least explain to me the purpose.)
Background Pony #FB00
Interactions are the three of
  • faves
  • votes
  • hides
With what data types? Again, when it comes to JSON and Open API Spec (yes i’m a little miffed at the API docs being outdated, so I rewrote them in OpenAPI Spec 3.0.x for a nicer GUI), I’m trying to be as specific as I can so I’m hunting some more specific datatype information. Happy to continue discussion off-forum if necessary, but I don’t see documented information on the interaction(s) formats either.
(Sorry if I sound like a persistent SOB, but when it comes to being a techie, I’m extremely nitpicky and annoying when it comes to specifics)
The Darkness
The Darkness -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Dark Chaos Overlord
Interactions are the three of
  • faves
  • votes
  • hides
With what data types? Again, when it comes to JSON and Open API Spec (yes i’m a little miffed at the API docs being outdated, so I rewrote them in OpenAPI Spec 3.0.x for a nicer GUI*), I’m trying to be as specific as I can so I’m hunting some more specific datatype information. Happy to continue discussion off-forum if necessary, but I don’t see documented information on the interaction(s) formats either.
(Sorry if I sound like a persistent SOB, but when it comes to being a techie, I’m extremely nitpicky and annoying when it comes to specifics)
Remind me to torch my other computer, apparently it forgets when I’m logged in all the time.
The aforementioned was me.
* The nicer GUI I use is Swagger.IO’s UI tools which read JSON generated from OpenAPI spec yaml (or swagger spec yaml) and then produces a nice colorized, example-filled, model driven interface to teh API as well as a “Try it!” function that executes from your browser to test queries and see responses. Including documentation about API key restrictions, where they all go, etc. in a nicer way than the current documentation does. I’ve recently had to write five OAS documentations up for my Full Time job, and it’s very pretty and we’ve had very good feedback from partners about it, so I’m a strong proponent of it heh. Even if it’s only for my uses; this said, if updated documentation, etc. is desired I’m happy to run the docs on my own infra free of charge for Derpibooru :)
The Darkness
The Darkness -

Dark Chaos Overlord
Thank you kindly. I’ll make sure my OpenAPI spec document for the API is updated with the Interaction.
(Apparently I’m too blind/busy/tired to read the code to find that, thank you for quickly providing the data for me!)
The Darkness
The Darkness -

Dark Chaos Overlord
in case anyone (such as byte[] or any other person hunting the API down) wants to see the fruits of my labor, I have this up at https://apidocs.thomas-ward.net/derpibooru/
(the specs can be found at https://github.com/teward/derpibooru-openapi in JSON and YAML form. The YAML is exported from Swagger Editor, the JSON is generated from that. Which is read in via Swagger-UI (dockerized) and presented in a nice pretty web page. And I include the source YAML that I put into Swagger-Editor for generating the other two. Because I’m picky that way ;) )
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide