Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ciaran in topic AI Content Help- Ask questions, discuss, comment, complain

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
[@Brokedownandmadeone](/forums/meta/topics/ai-content-help-ask-questions-discuss-comment-complain?post_id=5453556#post_5453556)
> -Are there really any current issues with AI uploads?
Yes

> -What’s the volume of uploads on average per day post-event?
[As TSP noted](https://derpibooru.org/forums/meta/topics/new-ai-policy?post_id=5453119#post_5453119), it can be bad. Ignoring *The Event* we have been, and still are seeing, seeing uploads from some users of a dozen or more `ai generated` images in a few minutes. The most I've seen is 2 a minute for several minutes, and often all but one or two of those images is deleted. In that specific case, even the uploader had no idea why they were uploading them here, but we still had to spend over an hour talking with them about their appeal.

I hope you hear me there - there are a lot of instances where the uploaders appeal these deletions and acknowledge themselves that the images did not resemble MLP characters. They even tag the images as aberrations or with tags like `wat`. But, "it was the best they could get". And they wanted to share their efforts even though they themselves didn't see any value in the image - other than that they'd spent an hour working on it, and that was the best they could get.

Normally, if someone spends an hour with a piece of paper and a pencil, the 'worse they could get' is at least a uniquely copyrightable work of art that resembles an MLP character.

In these cases, not even close.

Just speaking for myself, I've been spending so much time with these kinds of images, and these kinds of appeals, that I'm not able to get to a lot of the stuff that I really should doing here.

So...if you've had a report open for 2 weeks, or 2 months, and just I haven't gotten to it yet, that's why. Sorry. But I am confident that as soon as this policy goes into effect that will change. Dramatically.

> -If we don’t include the whole week-long event where uploading was disproportionally encouraged, what is the average volume of uploads per day? (if that’s relatively easily calculable)
Just for `ai generated`, and including deleted images;

| Month | 2022 Total/Average per day | 2023 Total |
|:--------------:|:--------------:|:--------------:|
| January | 662/21 | 8 |
| February | 554/19 | 23 |
| March | 943/30 | 21 |
| April (including 'the event' | 2134/71 | 12 |
| May (to date)| 159/31 | 1 |

April this year was, of course, exceptional, but the average number of `ai generated` images per day has been arithmetically increasing.

Last year this time, we had been taking an average of 2 hours to resolve each report. Currently we are taking 4. Personally, I blame all the time we are spending looking at `ai generated` images on a case-by-case basis. And we haven't even gotten through the reviews/votes on all the `ai generated` images from March yet.

Given that a lot of the images we delete are tagged or described by the uploaders themselves as being `wat` or worse, I do believe that asking the uploaders curate their own uploads, and limiting those to 2 a day, will be a great help.

> -If there are any deletions, how many per day? (Decimal point is acceptable if it’s that little)
I don't have time to do another table like that - it took almost an hour - but: since

From
January 1 to today this year, 379 `ai generated` images have been deleted. An average of 3 per day.
Last
year, from January 1 to December 31, 82 `ai generated` images were deleted. An average of 0.2 images per day.
No reason given
Edited by Ciaran