Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
The thing is, I thought NXT 2.0 so far has for the most part been okay. There was some stupid stuff about it, but I did like it placed more emphasis on gimmicks. It reminded me of WWE in the 80’s, but a little more modern. This WALTER and Sarray stuff, however, is pure trash.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I try not to give Bruce Prichard slack because I like his podcast and he himself has admitted in the past he pitches ideas that he knows will appeal to Vince. I’d probably do the same thing if I was in his position.
Background Pony #C7DE
AEW Dynamite tonight, should be a really Interesting Show overall!
Jon Moxley’s Return Segment should be very Good & the Cody “Free Agent” Situation absolutely gets People on Strings, can’t wait! :D
#AEWDynamite #AEWonTBS #AllEliteWrestling #ImWithAEW
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
Yesterday, I am surprised a cuss word isn’t censored on live AEW television. And no, it’s not the Sugar Honey Ice Tea word that since the 2010s it’s fine to leave it uncensored.
It’s the F-word that rhymes with luck.
Shocked and glad at TBS. And glad to see Moxley back, and I am excited to see him back in action tomorrow night.
Background Pony #C7DE
@The Worst Person
Do you think Johnny Gargano is appearing on next weeks AEW Dynamite: Beach Break Show making his AEW Debut? :D
#AEWBeachBreak #JohnnyGarganoToAEW? #JohnnyAllElite #JohnnyWrestling
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Grim Reefer may be the greatest name for a wrestler ever.
Also, I’ve never seen a wrestler with no legs before. Dustin Thomas is amazing.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Matt Cardona and Joey Janela was fun I thought. A ton of interference, but I thought it worked. It kinda reminded me of Vince Vs Shane from WrestleMania X7 where it was overbooked as hell, but it actually was better because it was overbooked.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Ruby had a good match, and Moxley/Homicide was pretty good, but it felt like the crowd died after Matt Cardona Vs Joey Janela. The crowd was really quiet during much of Moxley and Homicide. I was really surprised.
I’m curious about the decision to have Jeff Jarrett go over. Does that mean he will be wrestling MORE in GCW? It’s going to be interesting to see what happens.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
That GCW show was fun, and I definitely don’t regret buying it, but they really were screwed when it came to time constraints. The last two matches were maybe 12 minutes combined. The main event, I don’t mind being a quick sprint. But Moxley and Homicide, I was definitely expecting more. It really felt like it was just getting going.
The first half of the show was really amazing. That trios match in particular was out of this world. It reminded me of the trios match from ECW’s first Pay Per View. But after the Matt Cardona and Joey Janela match, the crowd only went wild two more times: Sabu’s surprise appearance, and Nick Gage’s entrance. I also think they didn’t help themselves by having Allie Katch and Effy lose. The crowd really wanted them to win. One of them losing is fine, but both of them losing really silented the crowd even more than they already were.
I also think GCW should’ve had at least one match be a blood bath. GCW is known as being ultra violent, so going in you would think we would get that. Instead, it was mostly chair shots and doors.
Why is it that Chris Jericho and Nick Gage, which was on free TV and I was there for live, was more violent than anything on FUCKING PAY PER VIEW? I wouldn’t have liked it if every match was violent, as I’m of the Paul Heyman philosophy that variety is the spice of life, but there should’ve been at least one violent affair. And instead, it was like they knew more people were gonna be watching it so they went out of their way to tone down the violence. Kinda lame, even if the show was still fun.
Overall, for my first GCW show I’ve ever seen, I had a fun time. I thought it was really enjoyable. However, I feel like it could’ve been so much more. This was GCW’s biggest show they’ve ever done, and they were really hampered by poor time management. That fucking blows.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
People make comparisons between GCW and ECW, but the main difference is that GCW doesn’t have their version of Paul Heyman who can prevent things like time constraints from happening. When ECW had their first Pay Per View, they managed to get everything they wanted in. It did not feel rushed at all. This GCW show, like ECW’s first Pay Per View, was a lot of people’s first major exposure to the company. And they didn’t really stick the landing.
Paul Heyman was able to hide weaknesses and put a spotlight on the positives, and while I think GCW has the pieces to continue on with their momentum, it was like they were trying to put 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Chad Gable is such a good heel and Randy Orton is such a good babyface that they made that spelling bee segment work. It almost makes me think they should have Riddle turn on Orton and not vice versa.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide