Wrestling thread

Background Pony #CEC2
I heard that supposingly Daniel Bryan’s Contract with WWE expired.

Just imagine seeing Bryan Danielson appear in AEW or NJPW, that would be Incredible Stuff haha! :D

#AmericanDragon #BryanDanielsonReturns? #BryanToAEW? #BryanToNJPW?
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I have mixed feelings on the ending to Blood and Guts. On the one hand, Jericho is 50 years old so him taking big bumps you need to soften it a little. On the other hand, couldn’t they have made the stage look less like a memory foam mattress?

As for the match as a whole, I liked it. I thought it had a chaotic energy to it. It had some botches in it and there was a lull near the end, but I still thought it was a fun time. Probably give it four out of five stars.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Here’s what was written about the ratings this week’s ratings in this week’s Observer Newsletter

For the week of 4/26 to 5/2, and these are actual numbers from a system that monitors and not Nielsen ratings so these are exact numbers based on a sample of millions of homes, as of the end of 5/4, AEW did 57 percent of its viewers live for the 4/28 show, 34 percent on DVR and 9 percent on video-on-demand. Keep in mind this would be DVR+7. Impact was 73 percent live, 24 percent DVR and 3 percent VOD and that would be DVR+6. ROH would have been 90 percent live, 9 percent DVR and 1 percent VOD and that would be for the most part DVR+3 (the time slot varies depending on the city but most markets show it on Saturday). Raw would be 75 percent live, 21 percent DVR and 4 percent VOD and that’s DVR+7. NXT would be 72 percent live, 24 percent and 4 percent VOD and that would be DVR+7. Smackdown was 67 percent live, 25 percent DVD (which would be +4) and 8 percent VOD.

What that translates into is that including all forms of viewing, the average minute of:

• AEW 1,556,000 viewers

• Impact 164,000 viewers

• Raw 2,365,000 viewers

• NXT 1,034,000 viewers

• Smackdown 3,057,000 viewers

The actual total number of individual viewers during the show over a one week period between live, VOD and DVR viewing (air date up through 5/4) who tuned in at some point was

• 2,224,000 for AEW

• 328,000 for Impact

• 3,942,000 for RAW

• 2,068,000 for NXT

• 5,558,000 for Smackdown.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
If you’re wondering why SmackDown did a throwback edition that incorporated some elements of WWF in the 1980s and the show didn’t premiere until 1999, they weren’t originally planning to do a throwback show. It was a corporate mandate by Fox execs to promote throwback week from NASCAR. That’s why some 1980’s elements were there, because NASCAR is throwing back to the 1970’s and 1980’s. It was all done as a promotional tie-in.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Allegedly, A&E did a segment in the Booker T documentary talking about the controversial Booker T/Triple H storyline. However, WWE decided to make them cut it. That’s the main problem I have with the A&E documentaries: consistency. In the Steve Austin bio, you don’t talk about the domestic abuse stuff with Debra. In the Randy Savage bio, meanwhile, you dedicate almost half of the special to his controversies outside the ring. If you’re gonna talk about Randy Savage’s demons, do it with everyone else.

Now, I know there’s a difference between the stuff talked about in the Randy Savage bio Vs the Booker T/Triple H storyline. Booker T was not responsible for that stupid people like you WrestleMania 19 build. And yeah, they talked about Booker T and how he used to be a criminal and rob Wendy’s. But my point is that the tone of these specials are all over the place. It doesn’t know what it wants to be. Is it a puff piece, is it a documentary chronicaling the demons each wrestlers have, is it a redemption story showing how these wrestlers overcame adversity? I don’t know.

I don’t have a problem with the series talking about the controversies of the wrestlers. I actually thought the Randy Savage bio has been the best of the bunch so far because it taught me something I never knew about, which was the Gorgeous George information. But if you’re gonna dive deep into Randy Savage’s controversies, talk about the Steve Austin Debra stuff. Talk about the Booker T/Triple H storyline.

BE. CONSISTENT.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
There is a report going around that WWE is considering SummerSlam this year to take place at Madison Square Garden. If this happens, this will be the first WWE Pay Per View to take place at MSG since Survivor Series 2011.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
It would be fitting if it takes place in Madison Square Garden if the rumor is true that SummerSlam will be the start of when WWE will have crowds for all shows going forward. MSG was considered the mecca of WWE for many, many years. Plus, the first edition of SummerSlam took place at MSG, so it all comes full circle.
Alexk13
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I just saw Dark Side of the Ring: Brian Pillman part 2.

I hope something really bad happens to the step-dad, especially after hearing about what Brian Jr. and his sister had to go through.
Background Pony #CEC2
The IWGP US Heavyweight Title Match with Jon Moxley vs Yuji Nagata should be pretty Enjoyable on AEW Dynamite tonight!

Hopefully we shall see more NJPW Talent on AEW Programming down the Line like Ibushi, Okada, Switchblade, Naito, Ospreay, G.O.D., Ishii, Takagi, Suzuki, Yano etc. :D

#AEWxNJPW #ForbiddenDoor #PandorasBox #MoxleyVsNagata #AEWDynamite #AEWonTNT #ImWithAEW
Background Pony #CEC2
Man I enjoyed Moxley vs Nagata a lot for what it was, please more AEW/NJPW Collabration on my Screen hehe! :)

#AEWxNJPW

Hopefully Orange Cassidy isn’t seriously Hurt, would be a Bummer not having him to be a Part of Double Or Nothing! :o

#FreshlySqueezed #OrangeCassidy
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I should be surprised New Jack passed away at a young age, but I’m not really. He put his body through a lot, both in the ring and out of the ring.

I have mixed feelings on New Jack. I feel he has in the past taken liberties with his opponents. Plus, he stopped talking to his son once he found out he was a drag queen, so he’s a bit of a homophobe. But at the same time, I found him to be highly entertaining in shoot interviews. I thought he was a funny motherfucker. Out of his mind, but still funny.

I am sad he passed away at a young age because I don’t think he deserved to die young. But like I said, it’s not a surprise. Honestly, he’s lucky he didn’t die when he did that balcony spot that impaired his vision. The fact he lived another 21 years after that is a miracle.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide