Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I do think Orton and Bray had a better match than he did at the last WrestleMania, but only because it was shorter. Also, who in the world thought that would be a good way to start night 2 of WrestleMania? It would’ve been better if it was in the middle of the card.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I think night 2 has really shown the duality of WWE so far. Night 1 was amazing with little to no blemishes, while night 2 has been a shit show as of now. WWE can knock it out of the park, but other times they just stink up the joint.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
THis is ike some sort of Monkey’s Paw scenario right?

“I wish for Sami vs Ownes at Wrestlemania”

“Ok here it is 5 years past the point where anyone would have wanted it, Sami is now some QAnoon conspiracy nut, and Logan Paul is here”
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
THis is ike some sort of Monkey’s Paw scenario right?
“I wish for Sami vs Ownes at Wrestlemania”
“Ok here it is 5 years past the point where anyone would have wanted it, Sami is now some QAnoon conspiracy nut, and Logan Paul is here”

The match still kicked ass. I just wish it was 5 minutes longer.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I’m sure the main event is going to be great, but man. WrestleMania night 1 was way better. So many matches tonight have either underwhelmed or were way too short. The fact the Intercontinental Championship match was only like 6 or 7 minutes is an injustice. Or hell, the fact Sami and Owens only went 10. Even Rhea and Asuka felt a couple minutes short. The finish came out of nowhere.

The only matches that really felt were given the proper length were the Women’s Tag Title match and the United States Championship match. And even then, I would have probably chopped off a couple minutes of the Women’s Tag Title match and given it to one of the other matches. Or you could’ve cut the Bayley Bella Twins segment.

I still think the show overall has been good, but last night’s show was so much better. There’s no comparison. And the fact I’m saying this when last night there was a 30 minute rain delay is inexcusable. A show with a 30 minute rain delay should not feel better paced than a show without a rain delay.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Imagine if instead of two nights of WrestleMania, you made it one night, took the entire card from night 1 of WrestleMania with the exception of the women’s gauntlet match, and had the triple threat match from night 2 at the end. You might have had the best WrestleMania since WrestleMania 30. Add to it Kevin Owens Vs Sami and both midcard title matches, each with 5 or 10 minutes added to those matches, you might be looking at the best WrestleMania since WrestleMania 19.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
A few additional thoughts on WrestleMania

I thought The Fiend Orton match was the wrost thing on both nights. Say what you will about the women’s gauntlet match. And yes, that match wasn’t great by any means. But The Fiend Orton match was being built as the fourth most important match, only behind the two heavyweight title matches and Sasha/Bianca. That Fiend Orton match was such a disappointment, and I say this as someone who likes The Fiend.

The Women’s Tag Title match was way better than it had any right to be.

I wonder if WWE is setting up a match between Bayley and Nikki Bella. Because if not, then what was the point of that segment?

I thought the three best matches on both nights were the triple threat main event, the Bad Bunny tag team match, and Sasha Vs Bianca. Those were the three matches, I would say were really tremendous. The rest of the matches– with the exception of McIntyre and Lashley, which I thought was tremendous as well– ranged from great to underwhelming. It felt like a lot of matches this year, particularly on night 2, had their time cut or were cut short before it really started cooking. The Intercontinental title match especially felt way too short. Apollo and Big E have been feuding since January. And you give less than 7 minutes? They didn’t even use the drums, so what was the point of the stipulation?

Overall, I’d rate night 1 an 8.5 out of 10 and night 2 a 7 out of 10. I would’ve rated night 2 a 6 out of 10, but the triple threat main event was so outstanding I thought it really saved the show in a lot of ways. It was the best match on either nights.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide