Wrestling thread

Background Pony #CEC2
AEW Double Or Nothing 2021 tonight, hopefully should be a pretty Fun Show overall! :)

#AEWDoN #DoubleOrNothing #AllEliteWrestling #ImWithAEW
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I enjoyed Young Bucks Vs Moxley and Kingston, but the lack of tag rules ruined it. Young Bucks were in the ring together for half the match. I think the match would’ve been better if it was no DQ, but as it stands, it was great. Not phenomenal, but great.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Why is the Cody Rhodes stuff and whatever he’s involved in always the weakest part of every AEW show? It’s like nobody in the back tells him “No, you can’t do that, that’s a stupid idea.”
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Shida Vs Britt Baker was probably the weakest of all Shida’s title defenses. Still, happy for Britt. Her character work makes up for her shortcomings in the ring.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
The biggest takeaway from the Pay Per View is that AEW gave Sammy Guevara and Jungle Boy big, big wins. Jungle Boy is now the #1 contender for the AEW World Championship, and Sammy won Stadium Stampede, regaining in my opinion the momentum he lost since he got suspended.

AEW does a better job than WWE at building future stars and building towards the future. On this night alone, you come away thinking that Sammy Guevara, Jungle Boy, and Orange Cassidy are gonna be future world champions, whereas if they were in WWE Jungle Boy would probably not past midcard status and Orange Cassidy would be solely doing comedy segments. I also applaud AEW for the way they use veteran talent. If this was WWE, Christian would’ve won the battle royal. Instead, he was used to put over the newer guy, which is an excellent use of him.
Alexk13
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I saw the Ultimate Warrior episode of Dark Side of the Ring, and while some new/lesser know insights about him were interesting to see, there was enough that wasn’t covered that I felt could have made at least an extra half hour of content for the episode.

||Also, I feel that aside from his ex-wife, the people brought in for interviews were making in close to a remake of “the Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior”. While the guy had his faults and wrong-doings, I still would have preferred to see a somewhat more balanced take, even if the counter-points to Ross, Cornette, and Roberts were critical but in a more middle ground sort of way. ||
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
@Alexk13  
Did you see the A&E documentary on The Ultimate Warrior? It was like the Dark Side of The Ring episode, but in my opinion better. They covered more stuff and did so pretty thoroughly.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Here are the list of WWE wrestlers that have been released so far

• Braun Strowman

• Aleister Black

• Ruby Riott

• Lana

• Santana Garrett

• Buddy Murphy
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Reports are coming out the reason Braun Strowman was released is because his contract was worth over $1 million a year and WWE didn’t want to pay him that anymore.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide