Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
First off, NXT and 205 don’t do the ratings that Raw and SmackDown do. Second, Dynamite wasn’t put on Wednesdays to compete with NXT. NXT moved from Thursdays to Wednesdays to compete with Dynamite. The whole reason NXT was moved from the WWE Network to USA was to compete with AEW, so if you really think about it, AEW was never trying to compete with WWE. WWE was. That’s why they had NXT switched nights. Why else would they switch nights– specifically the same night as AEW– if it wasn’t to compete?

NXT premiered on USA two weeks before Dynamite launched to get a leg up on the competition. And while NXT probably would’ve eventually premiere on USA Network even if there was no AEW, AEW announced their show would be airing on Wednesdays months in advance. And then a few weeks later, WWE announced NXT would be moving to Wednesdays. That’s not a coincidence.

In summary, AEW was never trying to compete with NXT. WWE, however, saw that Dynamite was premiering and thought it would be a good idea to have NXT and AEW go head to head. That was WWE’s decision, not AEW’s.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@QuasarNova

@Dashie41 YT

NJPW has really suffered a bad string of luck recently. First they give the top two titles to Evil last year, which ultimately did little in the way other than slightly elevate Evil, then you have the top two titles merge into one new belt with a brand new lineage, which most people didn’t really want, then you do an angle where Ospreay beats up his girlfriend, which feels extremely tone deaf in 2021 because it made Bea look nothing more than a prop, and then you give Ospreay the title only for him to drop it due to injury.

I still like New Japan, and I’m obviously excited to see what they do with AEW going forward, but man. There’s been a lot of missteps and misfortune since Naito merged the titles.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I’m getting paid Saturday instead of Monday. On top of that, I get off work at 8:00 on Sunday. Because of this, I’m probably gonna pay $50 for the AEW Pay Per View for the first time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide