Who was the Chris Chan of this fandom?

GrimDarkSurvivor
Artist -

G.D.S is approaching!
@CaptainXtra
I’m not defending him but that’s kind of how it is, I mean he was talked into fucking his own mother by his stalkers and now one of them has their own Encyclopedia Dramatica because of itOne Of Many Of Chris Chans Stalkers. I don’t know if the other ones have their own page or not.I hate how the dude went through with it instead of coming to his senses. Now his life is ruined and I can’t imagine him recovering from this ever.
Is Chris Chan even in prison yet?
Posted Report
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@GrimDarkSurvivor
He’s been in jail. Don’t think he’s been transferred to prison yet.
>tfw it turns out the Chris-Chan saga was forcibly ended by the CIA because (s)he would become too powerful after the dimensional merge if it were not stopped and that’s why the glowdaddy stalker encouraged incest and elder abuse.
Posted Report
Background Pony #43FC
@GrimDarkSurvivor
Consider everything about him is now silent at this point (fate unknown, dead or not who knows), he became a legend… in a very bad way, almost like Hitler (but lesser power).
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@GrimDarkSurvivor
I fear some day there will be a CWC movie… Of course, they’d have to change the names, and make a new composite OC for them, because Sega and the Poke’mon Company wouldn’t want to be assiciated with it. (As CWC does make Sonic & Pokemon look bad.)
Posted Report
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
I wonder if Chris is even aware of the new Pokemon games that are out?
Scarlet and Violet might be the first Pokemon generation unmolested by this… Y’know.
Or if he’s aware that Twitter is now under the ownership of Elon Musk?
Posted Report
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

As to why he hasn’t been, it’s a mystery.
Maybe people don’t want to be part of his existence at all for the sake of their sanity…
And that was how society failed him. By not being there for him.
…And countless others.
Look, it maybe too late to help Chris at this point.
But I would love that those in the field to extract as much data from studying this guy as much as possible. For better understanding of mental health, hopefully better understanding on how to help other to prevent another Chris Chan from manifesting at the early stages.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
You’re not wrong.
With proper care and attention, Chris would likely have been a vaguely normal if a little off fellow pootling around drawing comics and playing video games. With nary a soul aware of his existence.
Instead, he fell into situation where his mental instability was exploited for fun and profit.
This does not excuse his crimes, should he be convicted, but does explain his nature.
Posted Report
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@Zincy
It also highlighted the glaring fundamental flaws in our systems. It’s kind of tough being autistic living in a small town with barely the amenities and peers to deal with the issue. There is a study I’ve read awhile back detailing that those who live in the suburbs tend to experience social isolation more.
He’s only able to do much of what he does without reprocussions because he lives in a house. If he was living in an apartment complex, he and his family would have been evicted long time ago. Because most residents wouldn’t put up with their shit.
Funny thing is. I’m also within the autism spectrum myself, I’ve been livinh in the single family burbs for pretty much my entire life, and I prefer this kind of living.
Yet like most people with the same issues, I didn’t turn out anywhere near what Chris is even though I’ve noticed several patterns of behavioral issues I’ve had as a kid comparable to those of Chris’. Scary things is, I think I COULD HAVE become more or less like him if it wasn’t for several factors in my life that have prevented such. Chris is quite a exceptional case, a kind of a “worst case scenario” with things considered.
Posted Report
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

I’m curious to know what Chris could have become had his parents took the Asian style tiger parenting approach.
Though, I personally believe the tiger parenting approach should be considered a form of child abuse. I’ve heard and seen it destroy some folks. And not in a pretty way.
Background Pony #43FC
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Chris Chan sure is a “Window to Hell” for many of us Aspies, truly a “worst case scenario”.
I feel your concern about mental health thing, if people care less about profit, this would’ve been less of the issue.
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Chris would’ve been dead by now, by domestic abuse.
Not everyone can be an overachiever, but many Asian parents expect kids to be, however, kids are born with different mindset, not all can CONFORM to their norms, worse off, Aspies like us tend to be easily out of the loop from other people’s expectations if our area of interests are uncontrolled.
Yes, the kind of the parenting, it sure is a fucking CHILD ABUSE. Countries with such outdated strict culture should be put to shame about it as well.
On a side note, too much freedom isn’t always the best thing, the best thing to teach kids, is none other than autonomy, the art of controlling your own freedom for living (Chris Chan had freedom before jail, but never have an art of autonomy…).
I learned autonomy in late teen, and combatted tiger parenting before, now my parents respect my freedom after that. Concluding that autonomy is the best answer against both too-strict tiger parenting and too much freedom gone-haywire.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@Background Pony #43FC
What’s even more is that he shares several interest I have. For example, Pokemon, MLP(formerly), and various anime. Although, I wouldn’t consider him a “weeb” or much less an Otaku. The guy doesn’t know jack shit about Japanese media and much less Japanese culture. He’s only into stuff that have aired on mainstream TV in the 90s and Neptunia.
The guy didn’t even know how to prepare instant ramen prior to landing in jail.
HOW?! Does anyone past 1990s era not have had ramen in the developed world is beyond me.
He probably doesn’t even know that people can (kinda) become anime characters these days in the form of Virtual YouTubers. I’m surprised he hasn’t latched on before his time in the Slammers. Considering the medium was on the rise during 2019-2021. And he loves to think he’s a cartoon character and thinks cartoon characters are real. Then again, this is the same guy who repeatedly failed to pick up the idea of digital art and sees the concept as “inferior” to anything hand drawn, insisting that those who do make digital art need to “learn to draw”.
Background Pony #43FC
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Oh, the Japanese culture is far more strict than its outside shell, what would happens if had he born in Japan??
Better or Worse?? It highly depends on the parents, and… luck and skill, nobody can tell, but one thing, there’s never too much freedom as a kid there. If he’s raised with balance, he might be a different person than what we know today.
Creator of Pokemon is also an Aspie, albeit with enough skills and luck to be success.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide