Who was the Chris Chan of this fandom?

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

A part of me wants to know more about Chris Chan, but I know if I start watching these videos telling his story, it would be a long rabbit hole. I don’t even think a summary would help it.
I’m assuming there was some equivalent of him back when it was announced that Twilight will become an alicorn. Honestly I don’t think that’s that big of a deal, but I’m pretty sure some vocal minority would still be very upset.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Ring Team
One person some considered close to that was DisneyMaster, whom was apparently the one whom coined the term “Hasdrone” as an insult to amyone not against it.
…Honestly, for a brief period, it felt like the majority of bronies were against “Twilicorn,” because the drama was so bad. It only cooled down after the first few episodes of Season 4 started.
@Background Pony #F151
That’s perfectly fine.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Beau Skunky
Yeah. I used to be against it, but for a couple of months, until Magical Mystery Cure aired. At first I didn’t like the episode, but then I watched it again and, while I don’t think it’s the best episode from season 3, it was very decent. I think M.A. Larson is skilled enough to write a compelling story and, at the same time, handling this weird creative choice.
When something is not that big of a deal, it doesn’t affect me. And I know for a fact that people are still upset with the Discord twist in season 9, but here’s the thing:
  1. The show has moments like this one. It’s very disjointed. Complaining about that detail and not about the rest of questionable creative decisions is very biased.
  2. By the time I watched that finale, I accepted every jank of the show. Because of that, I’m not as upset as the majority of people.
I still like the show for what it is, even with all these flaws.
northern haste
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky
I still think the biggest problem with becoming a princess was how little it actually affected the show. We only got a handful of princess twilight episodes
Went through a similar thing was the doctor who fandom recently
Ring Team
Artist -

@northern haste
Yeah, I agree. I wish we got in season 4 episodes where Twilight was actually a princess. I still remember the answers I got back in 2014.
“It’s too risky”
“It wouldn’t fit in a kids show”
“Then it wouldn’t be MLP:FiM”
“You’re nitpicking, shut up, say something constructive”
And years later, these people started to complain about how little we see Twilight as a princess in the show. Interesting. The closest thing we got was the 2017 MLP film, where she was preparing and supervising a ceremony for a popular guest. I can’t complain that much because I love this film. It’s no secret.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Ring Team
I skipped all the hard feelings over Season 9 as a whole by having mostly stopped watching the show during Season 8. Far more than any executive meddling, the writers never talking to each other in any way, shape, or form killed the cohesiveness of the series.
Ring Team
Artist -

I wouldn’t say “executive” necessarily, but I really does seem to be a product of mismanagement and deadlines. I also think the show got too many hands. Some writers have great ideas for episodes, but other writers have ideas that conflict with these other ideas.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
That was my personal beef/criticsm too, but I understand, they didn’t want to change the status quo too much, which is what most fans feared from “Twilicorn.”
@Ring Team
Similarly, I remember getting heat for not hating Twilicorn, but I didn’t really love the idea either. I guess I was more “neutral” on it.
As for the controversial Discord twist, at first I wasn’t too keen on it, but I can kinda understand why the showrunners did it, looking at their perspective, as Groger was a barely established character in G4, and was bssically just a random Thanos-like, generic doomsday villain out of nowhere, and the villainious trio was more liked, and the twist of them going against their master and becoming the true villains is something not done often in TV. (Usually, it’s always something like “the big new boss becomes the main villain” which kinda undercuts the older more liked villains.)
Plus Discord needed to be nerfed/depowered to raise the stakes, and I feel this incident was done to bring closure to his character so he doesn’t try to msnipulate events, and underestimate villains ever again even with his well meaning intentions.
If it didn’t happen, he probably would still interfier with things like that.
I have mixed feelings on the twist, but I accept it for what they tried to do, and honestly the finale was still entertaining to me.
northern haste
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky
going back was my doctor who comparison I remember the fandom got upset over new dalek designs And the show ended up Scrapping them Making you wonder why they even bothered in the 1st place. that’s pretty much what some bronies wanted to happen to princess twilight and other things aswell
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
Oh man!
Has anyone noticed how Genosamuel distorted a part in the intro of the latest episode of his documentary?
Fitting for the horrific turn in the entire story.
I think the internet has unintentionally created a long running horror genre like no other.
This one featuring what mental illness does to people if left untreated without all the supernatural cinematic BS that Hollywood likes to sprinkle into heir films.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Dunno, but hope he’s doing better.
After seeing the documentary, I’m rethinking my stance on if CWC’s troll fandom is somewhat to blame for CWC’s deteriorating sanity. Not justifying the crimes, CWC’s creepy behavior, toxic hatred of certain groups of people, (like how CWC hates aspergers people) nor anything, but now I wonder if all those pranks, catfishing, and such over the years was basically putting stress on a building foundation that wasn’t up to code to begin with.
You’d think that childhood incident where a young girl lied to Chris that Casper the friendly ghost lived under her house, and used that to prank CWC into being locked under there, would of been enough to teach a lesson not to trust everyone.
It’s like Chris can’t learn from mistakes, implying more mental issues, then just “high functioning autism.”
…Or it could just be stubborness.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky
I had a few theories, but I decided to do some research by reading the CWCki.
I used to play D&D with an autistic person, and there’s one moment I’ll always remember:
The movie Biodome came up, and he said that he hated that movie. So I asked him if he hated it because he hated it, or because the Nostalgia Critic reviewed it. He gave me a defeated “shut up…”. So it can be hard to know whether an autistic person actually believes something, or if they’re just repeating something.
So here are some of the reasons why Chris never learns from his mistakes:
  • To navigate the world, you need some kind of belief system to test things against. Like with the above example, it’s often unclear what, if anything, Chris actually believes.
  • Chris legitimately does not understand how the world works.
  • Owing to the fact that he grew up in a time when internet safety wasn’t as well-understood as it is today, he had a poor grasp of it.
  • Learning from one’s mistakes requires one to swallow their pride. Chris’ ego is too big for that.
  • Speaking of ego, in the heyday of Christory, the formula for trolling him was extremely simple: appeal to his ego or dangle something he wants in front of him. The prospect of getting something he wanted tended to outweigh the risks.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky
It’s an inevitable part of life that people will encounter toxic members of society such as those trolls.
The best solution is to learn to deal with said people and situations, which Chris never did. Nor did he have any immediate peers in his life who should have taught him said skills.
I mostly blame his parents and his enablers for his complete lack of moral discipline.
When I observed the parts in the story that featured his early childhood. It really reminded me of how I myself was back in my relatively sheltered childhood around those ages. He has similar developmental issues that I suffer to a lesser degree. I even shared(and still do today ie Pokemon, anime, ponies etc) similar interests as he did. Mind you, I am quite spoiled and I did not do well in school. But I did not turn out like anything close to this… Monstrosity that is the primary topic of this thread.
That is probably because I have family members that care about me. Not to mention I grew up with a close sibling. Guidance that Chris almost completely lacked.
Also, I was mostly kept well away from the internet up until adulthood. Only went on with some supervision. In fact, I really didn’t have much presence nor interest towards the internet up until the 2010s.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

Part of the positive thing about coming from an Asian background is that we tend to have close knit family kinsmen ship.
One of the reasons why we have very low incarceration rates for violent crimes compared to other racial groups.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

I also grew up in a time when internet safety wasn’t really a thing either.
But me and my bro managed to navigate and look out for hazards just fine overtime. Granted, I’m basically a decade younger than Chris. So I was still in secondary school when Chris just became an adult during the wild west years of the internet age. And schools by the time of my middle school years, did teach us the essential basics on using the net.
Chris, having been in highschool during the better part of the 1990s(I was in elementary school at the time) was never taught such in the curriculum I’d imagine.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@DerpyFast
Meanwhile my parents and grandparents HAMMERED formal etiquette into us, even in situation that wouldn’t warrant it when we were young.
They also distrusted the idea of “baby sitters” instead opting for family members and family friends to look after us when need be.
As annoying as we found our parents denying us most of what we wanted in our childhood. I now have a much better understanding why they did what they did.
Mind you. I am by no ways ideal. I still have some cognitive behavioral issues, issues in making certain decisions on my own in life. I still have a learning curve. And yes, I am autistic(when I really wish I wasn’t).
But it’s largely petered out over the years.
Ring Team
Artist -

When I read that CWC hates asperger people I was like “ok, I’m out”.
I don’t know why someone (especially someone very conflicting and super weird) would hate asperger people. The only reason I could come up with is that he have met a group of horrible manipulative people. But I also think CWC also has done so many horrible things that I have no simpathy for him.
If it was for me, that guy should keep drawing Sonichu.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Ring Team
Apparently, the reason CWC hates aspergers people, is because they somehow thinks the aspergers are in competition with autism, and steal research/help/money needed for autistic people. So basically, it’s just another thing CWC doesn’t understand.
@DerpyFast
He won a Sega contest as a child which also probably fostered that idea, and added more entitlement.
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Usually, I deal with trolls in unique ways. One time on Deviantart, a guy drew a picture of my so-called skunk “persona/mascot” being bloodily stabbed to death, (with artistic talent worse then CWC) and I responded by telling him how much I loved it, how it’s the best art I’ve ever seen, favoriting it, and even going on my DA page bragging about how wonderful the image was, and how all my watchers need to see how wonderful it is.
The very next day, he deleted it, and his account. lol
@DerpyFast
Yeah, you have some interesting thoughts.
That said I kinda liked “Biodome,” but I recognise most people don’t and it’s a rather silly movie.
But yeah, alot of people do copy and paste their opinions from popular opinion, and that is not just limited to mentally challenged.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@Beau Skunky
Doing mock reviews of someone’s fanart of your character?
SAVAGE
Chris also cannot seem to make the distinction either. He often acts like he’s the only autistic person in the world despite him pledging to “fight for autistics” he’s nothing but a self orbiting arsehole on this. Views other autistics as some kind of competition. He doesn’t know how to treat other people let alone other autistics.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide