Who was the Chris Chan of this fandom?

Background Pony #5C36
Chris chan is a living proof that being an MLP fan really does not make you immune to terrible fates, you got to handle fates on your own behalf, the fandom is just another entertainment source that some lessons can only be burn into your brain when life circumstances supports it otherwise forgotten.

searched tag “chris chan” and… I want to clean my eyes… so cringe…  
his reputation is worse than Seb, even both are dragging Autism’s reputation down, but Chris chan is the worst offender of all, and enemy to all Autism/Aspies as well.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Blackened Blue  
I’ve tried to help Seb at one point since he has a tendency of being unable to control his temper. Its really sad to hear that his trolls take advantage of that whenever he tries going back to Derpibooru. I thought we were supposed to preach love and tolerance.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Disneymaster and Christian Chandler actually leave their houses to go outside, can attend far away events by themselves without getting lost and have several friends in real life.
PinkiePony got a job that allowed her to move and live on her own, learned to draw surprsingly well and even found love in a person willing to live with her.
As fucked up they are, they are still miles above the average cringy pony fan.
Chris Chan is a victim of a global network of harrasers who still mistakenly believe that relentlessly stalking him,extorted money from him,looted his burned house is going to miraculously cure him of his autism .It’s abusive behavior on a global scale targeting a mentally deficient man whose many faults are, when it comes down to it,petty crimes that are dealt with by people more competent than the average EDiots (or you) can hope to be (plus they have the advantage to live in Virginia and having significantly more diplomas and expertise than Joshua Conner Moon.You’re acting like medieval/Renaissance yokels throwing dung at the village idiot and patting yourself in the back for it for not being the village idiot
Chris should have never been famous.You just crave cheap controversies,hypocritical obfuscation,perverse voyeurism aka the same that your grandfather exhibited when he threw peanuts at the bearded woman at the local freak show.This whole shit started because some clowns decided a dispute they had with Chris over some Pokemon cards was an offense worthy enough to be judged Internet tribunal/mob/pilori,in other they called the Internet their own Personal Army other some trivial bullshit .You just want to feel better about yourself by bashing a mentally deficient person.If anything,this 10 year harrasment campaign worsened his mental state
In other words :Shut the fuck up about Christian Chandler.

Hey you two, any wise-ass statements now that Chris raped/abused/assaulted it’s own mother?
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@CaptainXtra  
There’s significant evidence that Chris Chan was psychologically abused to the point of committing her crimes, so the second person’s comment stands up 100%. Chris Chan belongs in a mental institution, Bella Janke (the one who convinced her to fuck her mom) belongs in prison.

I also don’t get why you’re replying to comments from two years before her crime as if that vindicates the years and years of abuse that Chris Chan was subjugated to.

Honestly, I think the people that are trying to pretend like Chris was always some completely evil person that deserved her abuse are trying to wash their hands clean of their own culpability in this. Everyone who has ever trolled Chris in any way has helped lead her to the point of falling prey to the sociopath that convinced her to rape her mom. Everyone who has obsessed over Chris for the past decade has directly contributed to elder abuse and rape. I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@SparkleDash  
While I kinda agree about Bella, and CWC’s bad parenting environment, I think the rest that’s going too far. I don’t defend the online bullying of CWC in any way, but I don’t think everyone whom ever trolled CWC is guilty of CWC’s crimes.

By that logic, anyone whom was an obnoxious schoolkid, (but now a decent grown-up) whom ever picked on somebody in childhood, whom grew up to be a criminal/murderer is guilty of that crime too.

CWC may have serious mental issues, but seems to have the capacity to make some of their own decisions, especially seeing how this person has the mental compacity to put videos on the internet, interact with others, plan-out-and-draw comics, and such.  
CWC is allegedly diagnosed as “high functioning.”

All in all, regardless, I agree that CWC needs to be commited for their own safety, and the safety of others.
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Assistant
Upload King
I had a dream the other night about meeting Chris Chan. As it turned out, this whole situation was just a misunderstanding, and his new partner was actually the elderly owner of a Mexican restaurant. He was still weird, but seemed to be moving in a more well-adjusted direction.

Then he was killed in a shootout with the police. He took out two cops before going down.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I had a dream the other night about meeting Chris Chan. As it turned out, this whole situation was just a misunderstanding, and his new partner was actually the elderly owner of a Mexican restaurant. He was still weird, but seemed to be moving in a more well-adjusted direction.
Then he was killed in a shootout with the police. He took out two cops before going down.

I think you slipped into an alternate universe for a bit.
Background Pony #16E7
Feel like this need to be posted to remind all of you unhealthy cringe addicts some facts that goes beyond “ah ah le funny lulzcow autist did a oopsie

At the time, she had no idea that her amateurish artwork would gain its current following or that she would also become a main character in the lives of the Very Online. Autistic, unemployed, and using her characters to explore the struggles of her own life, Chandler made hundreds of posts and videos, even creating merchandise to sell.
Around 2007, Encyclopædia Dramatica discovered “Chris Chan’’ and she quickly became the target of persistent trolling, leading to the creation of the CWCiki website. The site’s owner, Joshua Moon, made it his mission to record, save, and catalog every mention of Chris Chan he could find, including what New York Magazine called “every drawing, video blog, tweet, Facebook post, eBay listing, Etsy item, and PSN purchase Chandler [has made].”
To that end, Moon created Kiwi Farms, an online community whose users document and organize harassment of prominent internet figures, often women, LGBTQIA people, and those suffering from mental illness. When reading about Chan’s antics was not enough to entertain them, followers of the site actively trolled Chris, encouraging her to perform naked on camera, where she was publicly humiliated.
In 2011, following the death of her father, Chris became the sole caretaker for her mother (Barbara) who was slowly spiraling into dementia. Given that Chris believed herself to be a Goddess and had begun talking about The Great Merge (when she believed her cartoon world would merge with reality), it is mind-boggling that her suitability for this role was not questioned by those in authority.
On July 31 this year, Chris was arrested on charges of incest after a number of posts, sharing messages and a recorded phone call allegedly made between Chris and a woman named Isabella Janke, appeared on Reddit and message board Kiwi Farms. In these messages, Chris referred to a series of sexual assaults she had allegedly committed against her mother. For the media, the story was a roller-coaster ride of ever-increasing horrors. For users of Kiwi Farms, it was just one more amusing travesty in the life of their favorite transgender “lolcow.”
“There is drama in the air today,” Chan tweeted alongside a photo of a tarot card on July 30, following her arrest. “Each and every one of you all are encouraged to withdraw from any and all dramas, gossip, rumors, and whatever else will, and already has, approached your way today.”
Meanwhile, the users of Kiwi Farms are voting on what her fate will be — while misgendering her, obviously.
“Institutionalized” is winning.Kiwi Farms
Named for their ability to be milked for laughs, lolcows are Kiwi Farms’ raison d’etre and site owner Joshua Moon has devoted the majority of the last 10 years to cataloging the names, faces, and online activity of the people he deems worthy of public ridicule. Sometimes this involves doxing known pedophiles, but most of their target’s only “crimes” are being vulnerable adults or members of the LGBT community. It rarely takes long for someone to find this information and use it to bully and harass people, to the extent that Kiwi Farms are currently connected to at least three deaths.
In 2017, transgender games developer Chloe Sagal committed suicide. After months of bullying from Kiwi Farms regarding her poor mental health, Sagal could take no more and walked to a local park where she set herself on fire. In 2018, Julie Terryberry was found dead having hanged herself. As a learning-disabled 18-year-old, Julie had been targeted by the Farms when it discovered she liked to post her mental health struggles on social media. For almost a year Farmers had relentlessly tormented Julie, cruelly mocking her relationships and the nudes they had found on private profiles.
On June 27 this year, non-binary emulation developer Near / Byuu posted a Twitter thread stating they intended to take their own life. Three days later Moon (AKA Null) posted an email exchange between himself and Near. Over several heart-breaking emails Near remonstrated with Moon, explaining they could no longer cope and were in the process of ending their own life via an overdose of prescription pills and alcohol. Desperate and broken, Near offered Moon $120,000 (their entire life savings) if he removed the threads about them. Moon responded with a single, cold sentence — “I will not be extorted.” The following week, USA Today reported that Near had passed away.
“Kiwi Farms is relentless,” said Near’s friends in a recently released statement via Google Doc. “Not to be defeated in their pursuit of utter emotional and psychological destruction, they went after who Near treasured most: their friends. Doxing some, directly harassing others, and even specifically seeking out suicidal people to target. That broke Near.”
At 28 years old, single, unemployed and still living with his mother, Moon exemplifies many of the qualities he hates in those he victimizes. Originally working as a web developer for 8Chan, another online haven for racism, conspiracy theories, and targeted harassment, Moon was fired after leaking users’ IP addresses. Prior to this, he had been a regular user of the Blocklands gaming forum, but had been banned for inappropriate behavior including threats to rape and dismember female users. He had also used the site to express violent fantasies related to killing his own mother, who had committed the unthinkable sin of refusing to fund his lifestyle after he reached college age.
A fundamental dislike of women is evident in much of Kiwi Farms content, especially during the GamerGate controversy when Moon set up a dedicated email service (GamerGate.us). From here, Kiwi Farmers relentlessly emailed prominent feminists, either pretending to be other feminists to cause chaos or sending pictures of their genitalia. For months they showed their contempt for those affected by GamerGate via a constant stream of harassment and cyber flashing.
Ever-keen to prove his dedication to free speech, Moon desperately courts controversy in an almost parody of edgy teen angst. On Kiwi Farms, every trench-coat wearing stereotype is catered for, including boards where users share videos of people being killed. No act is too extreme and the Farmers wear their homophobia, antisemitism, and Islamophobia with pride. When Branden Tarrant murdered 49 Muslims at a mosque, Moon wasted no time in archiving and posting Tarrant’s video of the attack. When New Zealand police later requested he remove the clip, Moon replied that he “did not give a…fuck what section 50 of your f****t law says … Fuck you and fuck your shithole country.”
Yes, the irony is lost on them.Kiwi Farms
To him, their request was tantamount to censorship, something his Libertarian sensibilities couldn’t abide, and which his lack of empathy could view no other way. In posts and interviews going back to 2017, Moon repeatedly insists that he is keeping records on people to highlight hypocrisy, yet makes no attempt to challenge the hypocrisies he encounters. For Moon, the job is all about public humiliation for the amusement of himself and others; something which is apparent in his stubborn refusal to remove threads because Section 230 of the communications act doesn’t say he has to.
Many online assume that Moon and company must be lashing out due to depression or low self-esteem — but a 2020 study looking at online trolling, by Australian researchers Evita March and Genevieve Steele, suggests otherwise. Looking specifically at behavior and motivation, Steele and March concluded (somewhat unsurprisingly) that there is a strong link between trolling, sadism, and psychopathy. Those who send the occasional abusive message may be working out their own mental health struggles but, for those who regularly behave as Kiwi Farms does, the harm done to their recipients is their motivation.
Following a number of petitions, Kiwi Farms was dropped by DreamHost after 12 years. At present, its only hosting is provided by Cloudflare, which also provides protection from the near-constant DDoS attacks which plague the site in retaliation for its users’ bullying behavior. There’s no telling how long that relationship will continue, though, especially as Chan’s high profile arrest increases the pressure on companies providing services to the site. In 2019, Cloudflare cut ties with 8Chan after years of it acting as a “lawless” platform that has been directly linked to offline tragedies. Kiwi Farms is already making plans for its eventual termination.
“We do have in-home DDoS protection but I’m having trouble reaching my datacenter’s staff. I’m in talks with other people interested in long-term alternatives to Cloudflare so it’ll get sorted eventually. Other alternatives will include buying more capable hardware and just dealing with it myself. I may end up crowdfunding for that,” Moon told The Daily Dot.
“People ought to be careful what they ask for.”

-Katherine Denkison, Tracking Chris Chan started Kiwi Farms. Will her arrest be its end?, Input Magazine, 17/08/2021

And my 2 cents to conclude that, you all have this morbid cringe addiction to Chris since 2007 because he’s easy to dehumanize,it’s easy to tell to yourself “I cant never be as cruel and dangerous as that silly man in the funny sweater and the shitty OC” the same way modern day alt-right are utterly convinced they have nothing in common with nazism since they dont wear brown shirts and red armband. Strangely and constantly absent in the conversation surrounding Chris is condemnations or god forbid discussions of trolling culture,4chan influence on the Interner and the KiwiFarms.You know why ? Because the people at KiwiFarms, they dont wear funny sweaters or make goofy OCs, they are people like you and me,ordinary looking on the outside but once you gave them a keyboard,they become the ammoral monsters described on the article above. And you dont want to confront that part of yourself because that would mean confronting a part of yourself and realizing you can be as shitty as Chris. And that you dont even have the Asperger syndrome or the abusive childhood or the 15 years odd gangstalking campaign to hide behind,you did all that shit,you enable psychopaths like Joshua Connor Moon on your own,unprompted
Background Pony #B92A
@Background Pony #16E7  
Oh hello, random Twitter user. Thank you for the ungodly long walls of text. They’ll make for some great copypastas.

And by the way, Kiwifarms isn’t some supervillain hangout where users hatch evil plans to ruin people’s lives. They make fun of people yes, but organized harassment is directly against the site’s rules. Anyone who does bully Chris-Chan and people associated with him are frowned upon by the Kiwifarms community.
Background Pony #120F
@Background Pony #B92A  
3 people killed themselves because of KiwiFarms. You would have known that if you bothered to read the article or anything besides the latest meme on 4chan. And you are extra naive if you think people follow the KiwiFarms rule to a T, it’s merely lip service to not have their host providers revoked, you catastrophically candid person. WhatsHerName who encouraged Chris to do what he did may not have been an active user of KiwiFarms but you can bet your ass she learned of Chris because of the Cwcki or any shit created by 4chan user, it’s indirect incitement, a stochastic process, the kind of term you can’t properly understand or grasp if you swallowed the “brevity is wit” bluepill. The real world is complicated and can’t be boiled down to memes and a website that keep a collection of dox of mentally ill individual and discuss in large the perceived flaws of said mentally ill individuals still encourage stalking even if they make a disingenuous disclaimer.

But whatever, people like you don’t read anything if it’s not dumbed down to a pop culture character photo captionned with a racial slur. And if you don’t read, how can you even start introspection? Maybe it’s a defense mechanism, you actually know what you do is wrong, and you know it all along
Background Pony #120F
@Background Pony #B92A  
I fear people who are smart enough to disguise their ugliness and monstrosity of their ideology behind faulty rhetoric, confusionism and all the fallacies in the book than people like Chris who are too dumb for dissimulation and tend to get caught. Because people like you are smart enough to not get caught and are free to spread more suffering in the process  
Faceless, nameless ordinary monsters that behind the mask look like any Joe Schmoe, that are intelligent enough to convince themselves they are the good guys, intelligent enough to organize and convert other people that their naked cruelty is somehow justified, that is more frightening than an abused mentally ill hillbilly living in the middle of nowhere doing the nasty with his mom
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #16E7  
You have some good points, but you kinda hurt them by pointing fingers at us. The very same “dehumanizing” you claim to be against…  
And for that matter, I don’t follow Chan, nor ever interacted with said person. It’s hard to avoid “news” about Chan as said person is quite notorious online, and people post about him in many places.

And having read that article you posted, I will say I agree, some trolls, and cyber-bullies take things too far, but as I said with CWC, they’re still individuals guilty of their own personal sins too.  
That doesn’t mean everyone who’s ever read an article, or laughed at something on CWC are guilty, or some kinda cyber bully too, (nor responsable for what CWC did to their own ailing mother) especially as many people never interacted with him.

And while I won’t excuse CWC’s crimes, I will admit I do understand your anger, and empathy. I felt sorry for CWC too at times, as I felt some people took the pranking too far, like setting up a fake girlfriend, and such playing with CWC’s feelings, and such. Especially, because it’s very morally questionable to take advantage of the mentally-unstable.

I can’t say for sure if CWC’s internet notoriety, and trolling could of effected their mental and emotional stability worse though. At times CWC seemed to of enjoyed, and even cash in on the notoriety.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #16E7  
The irony is that if the person who wrote this article had access to all the info about the things Christine said and did in the 2000s, they would have had zero issues writing a hit piece about her. Between Megan and some of the plot points in Sonichu, they would have a lot to work with, no trolls required.

It’s also worth pointing out that Christine has presented herself as a public figure, and that there’s a massive difference between stalking and harassing, and just following someone on social media.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@DerpyFast  
I suppose CWC is no saint either. And it’s not just the 2000s, as said person is also guilty of demonizing others, creeped on a female friend, assaulted a Gamestop clerk, caused trouble in public places, and such.  
In fact, before CWC started to identify as transgender, they used to be very anti-gay.  
This is why some refuse to accept CWC’s “coming out,” and why some suspect it’s either just for attention, or to get people on their side.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
In fact, before CWC started to identify as transgender, they used to be very anti-gay.
This is why some refuse to accept CWC’s “coming out,” and why some suspect it’s either just for attention, or to get people on their side.

And maybe an attempt at getting some action from lesbians since attempts at getting some as a straight man failed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide