Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #43FC in topic Who was the Chris Chan of this fandom?

Background Pony #43FC
[@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ](/forums/generals/topics/who-was-the-chris-chan-of-this-fandom?post_id=5320203#post_5320203)
Chris Chan sure is a "Window to Hell" for many of us Aspies, truly a "worst case scenario".

I feel your concern about mental health thing, if people care less about profit, this would've been less of the issue.

[@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ](/forums/generals/topics/who-was-the-chris-chan-of-this-fandom?post_id=5320208#post_5320208)
Chris would've been dead by now, by domestic abuse.
Not everyone can be an overachiever, but many Asian parents expect kids to be, however, kids are born with different mindset, not all can CONFORM to their norms, worse off, Aspies like us tend to be easily out of the loop from other people's expectations if our area of interests are uncontrolled.

[Wiki](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_parenting)

Yes, the kind of the parenting, it sure is a fucking CHILD ABUSE. Countries with such outdated strict culture should be put to shame about it as well.

On a side note, too much freedom isn't always the best thing, the best thing to teach kids, is none other than **autonomy**, the art of controlling your own freedom for living (Chris Chan had freedom before jail, but never have an art of autonomy...).

I learned autonomy in late teen, and combatted tiger parenting before, now my parents respect my freedom after that. Concluding that autonomy is the best answer against both too-strict tiger parenting and too much freedom gone-haywire.
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #43FC
Background Pony #43FC
[@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ](/forums/generals/topics/who-was-the-chris-chan-of-this-fandom?post_id=5320203#post_5320203)
Chris Chan sure is a "Window to Hell" for many of us Aspies, truly a "worst case scenario".

I feel your concern about mental health thing, if people care less about profit, this would've been less of the issue.

[@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ](/forums/generals/topics/who-was-the-chris-chan-of-this-fandom?post_id=5320208#post_5320208)
Not everyone can be an overachiever, but many Asian parents expect kids to be, however, kids are born with different mindset, not all can CONFORM to their norms, worse off, Aspies like us tend to be easily out of the loop from other people's expectations if our area of interests are uncontrolled.

Yes, the kind of the parenting, it sure is a fucking CHILD ABUSE. Countries with such outdated strict culture should be put to shame about it as well.

On a side note, too much freedom isn't always the best thing, the best thing to teach kids, is none other than **autonomy**, the art of controlling your own freedom for living (Chris Chan had freedom before jail, but never have an art of autonomy...).

I learned autonomy in late teen, and combatted tiger parenting before, now my parents respect my freedom after that. Concluding that autonomy is the best answer against both too-strict tiger parenting and too much freedom.
No reason given
Background Pony #43FC

I learned autonomy in late teen, and combatted tiger parenting before, now my parents respect my freedom after that. Concluding that autonomy is the best answer against tiger parenting.
No reason given
Background Pony #43FC

On a side note, too much freedom isn't always the best thing, the best thing to teach kids, is none other than AUTONOMY**autonomy**, the art of controlling your own freedom for living (Chris Chan had freedom before jail, but never have an art of autonomy...). I learned autonomy in late teen, and combatted tiger parenting before, now my parents respect my freedom after that.
No reason given
Background Pony #43FC

On a side note, too much freedom isn't always the best thing, the best thing to teach kids, is none other than AUTONOMY, the art of controlling your own freedom for living (Chris Chan hasd freedom before jail, but noever have an art of autonomy...). I learned autonomy in late teen, and combatted tiger parenting before, now my parents respect my freedom after that.
No reason given
Background Pony #43FC

On a side note, too much freedom isn't always the best thing, the best thing to teach kids, is none other than AUTONOMY, the art of controlling your own freedom for living (Chris Chan has freedom, but no art of autonomy...). I learned autonomy in late teen, and combatted tiger parenting before, now my parents respect my freedom after that.
No reason given
Background Pony #43FC

On a side note, too much freedom isn't always the best thing, the best thing to teach kids, is none other than AUTONOMY, the art of controlling your own freedom for living. I learned autonomy in late teen, and combatted tiger parenting before, now my parents respect my freedom after that.
No reason given
Background Pony #43FC

On a side note, too much freedom isn't always the best thing, the best thing to teach kids, is none other than AUTONOMY, the art of controlling your own freedom for living. I learned autonomy in late teen, and combatted tiger parenting before.
No reason given
Background Pony #43FC

Yes, the kind of the parenting, it sure is a fucking CHILD ABUSE.
No reason given