Video Game General

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
Ah, I see, thanks for the tip. Allows me to plow through the levels a li’l better now then without worrying about 100% yet.

Kinda surprised how many sidescrolling segments the original game has.  
Also, does Coco add anything new to the game?
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Beau Skunky  
Nah, she’s a carbon copy of Crash.  
Also the game gets pretty challenging later on, especially when going for color gems. All the color gem levels require you to get all boxes in their respective levels without dying once.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’ve come to the realization that eSports are self-defeating.

Football and other sports can survive because they don’t require any fan interaction outside of showing up to the game, or watching it on TV. If the fans want to “play”, they go outside and play for free.

Video games are an interactive media. A game needs an active player-base to survive. If you build a game entirely around eSports, and the cost of the general player, you’ve basically built in an automatic killswitch. Baring a few select titles, no game could stand entirely on an eSports platform. It won’t matter if a few idiots are playing it on Twitch if no one else in the world is. And the revenue generated from the sports scene likely wouldn’t be enough to justify its existence.

Games should develop competitive leagues on their own, not be purpose built for it. Because no matter what, you will never be able to build the playerbase. That has to come from the product being attractive and interesting.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
Just to see what happens, I took a boat ride with a cackling skeleton across a lake of deathfog in D:OS2.
That ended predictably.

It took you to a party barge in the middle of the lake with a banquet? With monster guests like Skeletons, vampires, werewolves, swamp thing, and a ghost band?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
Dang, that almost sounds not worth the trouble… Granted some butthard games, I can breeze through with hardly ever dying, (like NES TMNT, or DKC2: Diddy’s Kong Quest) but I’m not sure I’ll ever master Crash. I’m on that one bridge level with the annoying pig things that charge you, where you can hardly tell where you’re supposed to jump, so I often can’t figure out why I’m dying, or what I’m doing wrong.

Was the original game that frustrating, or is the remake worse? The game’s not bad, but it feels kinda flawed. (Or maybe it just didn’t age, as well, or maybe I’m just not used to Crash yet.)

@Takengrin Endmmar: Taken God King of Fear  
Not a gecko, a chameleon actually, and not surprising, as many movie games get game tie-ins to promote the movie. It’s unfortunately why movie based games are usually mediocre, or bad.  
Some like Capcom’s old NES “Little Mermaid” game were pretty good though.

From what li’l I saw of it “Rango” was an ok movie, but nothing too special, and the realistic animal character designs weren’t to everyone’s appeal.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Silent_Witness  
Aladdin & Lion King were pretty popular, and their SNES counterparts were pretty good too. (Though, the SNES Aladdin was a totally different game, made by Capcom. I kinda feel that was more true to the movie though, as Aladdin didn’t use a sword much in the movie.)

Sega’s Jurassic Park was apparently popular too, but as the AVGN showed, they didn’t age perfectly.

Interestingly, Sega & M2 apparently got the license to include 2 Disney games on the upcoming Sega Genesis Mini, (which looks much better quality then the Playstation Classic) and one of ‘em is the cult-classic “Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion” game.  
It’s actually nice to see some licensed games get a rerelease.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
Gotta say I really really like crash 3. Minus the motorcycle levels. Crash N Sane is definitely shaping up as one of my favorite platformers.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
It’s still no Super Mario Galaxy to me, but admittedly I’m starting to enjoy my introduction to the Crash series, despite it’s retro difficulty.

Though, I hate that “Bridge to Nowhere” level so freaking much, it almost ruined the whole game for me… Seriously, I find NES TMNT, the original Megaman, the original Castlevania, and Super Mario the Lost Levels easier then that one level.  
I would rather play SMG2’s Grandmaster Galaxy blindfolded on top of a cement truck, with a chihuahua chewing on my groinal region then ever play that level ever again.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I used to play the original Crash to death when I was a young lad, and Bridge to Nowhere was one of the biggest nightmares I had to deal with.

Funny enough it only took me a couple of tries when I replayed it on the N. Sane Trilogy. I guess breaking me as a kid allowed me to persevere now
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Beau Skunky  
The original version is a lot easier due to crash’s hitbox being different. You could barely make jumps because his hitbox was a square on his feet and they changed the shape to a pill in the remake. Overall the difficulty is more fair in the sequels.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Okay, we're impressed

You're looking at a thread with over 200,000 posts in it!

For various reasons, we'd like to ask you to start a new topic.