Video Game General

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
You now, I think I’ll postpone my Witcher run to finish Fire Emblem 4 and Pillars of Eternity first, since I’m more than halfway done with both of them. I’ll try to beat FE4 first (starting tomorrow), than PoE.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
full

@Thanotos Omega  
Also, now that I realize what you said, not beating the DLC’s main story while having it downloaded ends the ending slideshow with everything being destroyed by the Eyeless, so I rather not get that slide.
Death2
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

YOU WILL BOW TO ME.
My Super Mario Maker 2 levels:

Snow Challenge: CBP-SLS-XGF  
Sea Trial: JDY-8B1-W2G  
Temptation Swing: LW6-1LQ-PVF  
Spiky Underwater Maze: GFN-53S-XQF
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@The Smiling Pony  
More so that they’re selling exp-boosters that do the exact same thing and are promoting them while villainizing community-made quest that do the same thing for free. It’s funny that exp boost are “experience enhancers” when Ubisoft is selling them, but are “experience ruining” when someone is doing it for free with the tools Ubisoft gave the community to use.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@The Smiling Pony  
Than why don’t they say that instead of the excuse that it will “hide better content” when they themselves could just make the community-made stuff they want promoted be promoted? And why say that the ones that give an EXP boost are ruining the experience when they’re doing the exact same thing, only with microtransactions involved? And we have to remember that it’s Ubisoft, a company that I doubt is that worried about not having enough money from exp boosters, something you see in free mobile games. And I find it hard to believe that said microtransactions are going to the game or developers and not the pocket of those in charge.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Meanlucario  
They’re not blatant about it because then all these YT talking heads and pretend journalists would flip out even more, nevermind the average “gamer” going “wait what, these people want money in exchange for goods and services?!”.

Also, companies (and people) don’t get rich (or just get on with operations) with a mentality of “we have enough money, we can do this for free”. And while it’s true that in large companies the top people tend to get nice bonuses and paycheques for the performance of the actual staff, to believe that it all, or even a majority, goes to them is absurd.

But yes, yes, non-indie darling game company, everything they do is pure evil.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@The Smiling Pony  
If you need to be deceitful about how you run your business, than you’re doing something wrong. And I highly doubt that there would be even a fifth of people talking about this stuff being bad if companies where honest about things. And if they need money, just increase the base price instead of using scummy microtransactions, gambling mechanics, and overblown special editions that always have something missing. Maybe people are suspicious of the video game industry because said industry uses sneaky and manipulative tactics instead of being honest and up front.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Meanlucario  
shrug, all business are like this, in any industry. And I think you massively underestimate the uproar if a major game publisher put out a base game for $65, let alone if they put it out for the price it’d be worth for them to recoup costs and make a profit based on expected sales numbers within the sweet 3-month period (which would, of course, be far lower than at the “accepted” $60 price point).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Okay, we're impressed

You're looking at a thread with over 200,000 posts in it!

For various reasons, we'd like to ask you to start a new topic.