Video Game General

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Just completed the first Witcher event in MHW. Man, that thing refused to die, though I was able to have my friend survive it, thankfully.
MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Horses in the 🅱ack
@Meanlucario  
That title is pretty misleading. A single group did a study where out of an undisclosed amount of developers from an an undisclosed amount of different companies of undisclosed sizes, over half claimed “Crunch” was an expected part of the job.

However in the study “Crunch” was merely defined as “a period where employees work “more than 40 hours per week over an extended period of time.” Which actually sounds perfectly normal for most companies.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
However in the study “Crunch” was merely defined as “a period where employees work “more than 40 hours per week over an extended period of time.” Which actually sounds perfectly normal for most companies.
“Crunch” is usually 60h+ a week. And it’s fairly insidious; company/team culture covers over production failings by invoking “team spirit” and “getting it done for good” and tries to cushion the blow with free food and big speeches and praises.

I mean, it happens every once in a while practically everywhere, but in some studios it’s accepted as the norm, and production/management take crunch into account for planning the same way an arcade racer thinks of a regenerating boost.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@MadVillain  
I remember a company had a walk out over crunch or something, a few article where saying how massive a crowd was… Of about a 100 people of a company of 1,000’s and there was food, so it seemed more like a picnic.

Maybe it wasn’t about Crunch, I don’t know, but when you see stuff like that, it feels more like just lazy people thinking Game development is like the rock star life. Easy when you’re looking from outside, but never see all the work put in, behind the scenes.

Some actually enjoy Crunch, let’s not forget that. Some work better with a fire lit under their ass. Not everyone mind you. I know I don’t.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Cyborg_pony

And of course, Masahiro Sakurai does crunch work by his own choice (to the point where the other employees had to basically force him to take a break).
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Cyborg_pony  
That was Riot and it was about sexual harassment at work.

And yes, some people enjoy crunch, because it generates in them a feeling of camaraderie, presents a clear objectives -> results loop, and they have nothing else going on in their lives.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@The Smiling Pony  
I thought there was one about Crunch.

But, from what I can gather, Places that seem to have a problem with Mandatory crunch are those that have very poor management, so staff becomes unfocused and that leads to very lackluster product.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
How many matches do I have to lose in a fighting game for the AI to finally decide “Maybe I should start easing up a little bit?” Because I think I can honestly say that I’ve lost more matches against this one story mode opponent that I’ve lost matches in every fighting game I’ve ever played in my entire life up to this point.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Meanlucario  
The first Witcher was a great game. Well, mostly. I ended up spending way too much time running around in that impenetrable swamp and the end was a slog to get through. Some complained about the combat but I didn’t mind it. What The Witcher excelled at was atmosphere and immersion.

I tried the sequel and didn’t like how the combat was all about rolling, dodging, and spamming signs. I may go back to it at some point.

The Wild Hunt I can’t speak to, but I’ve heard very positive things.

@Meanlucario  
Once you get into the city, all the quests can sometimes be overwhelming. Don’t feel bad if you have to occasionally look up what you’re supposed to do.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Okay, we're impressed

You're looking at a thread with over 200,000 posts in it!

For various reasons, we'd like to ask you to start a new topic.