Viewing last 25 versions of post by pixel in topic Video Game General

pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

[@Mikey](/generals/video-game-general/post/4490870#post_4490870)  

> [@pixel](/generals/video-game-general/post/4490866#post_4490866)
> CS is
hardly ever helpful.

I have a fun st
ory about that.

A while
back, my brother, who has had a Steam account longer than 99% of people (he got not long after HL2 came out), was getting rid of old email addresses and online accounts he didn't use any more. What he didn't realize at the time was he deleted the email address his Steam account was linked to. He thought he changed the email address to one he actually uses but it turns out he didn't.

Yeah, that was a case where the problem existed between the chair and the computer, but you'd think someone would reply to his customer service ticket. Even if they weren't going to give him his account back, you'd think they'd at least send a message saying "Sorry, we can't restore your account" or something like that. But no word at all.

At one point some game he wanted to play either came out or went on sale (can't remember which game) and he decided he'd set up a new account to just play it. But his payment was blocked because they thought it was identity theft or something since someone just opened an account and was using a card in someone else's payment history.

*Finally* after months - upwards of a year, maybe even two years - they finally gave him his old account. What's funny is they only responded after he filed *another* support ticket that was just an angry rant about how he's been a customer since nearly the beginning and they're ignoring him and how their customer service is a joke and how he hopes Steam as a platform fails and goes under, etc.
No reason given
Edited by pixel
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

"[@Mikey":](/generals/video-game-general/post/4490870#post_4490870
[bq="Mikey"]
) " 

> [
@pixel":](/generals/video-game-general/post/4490866#post_4490866
)
>
CS is hardly ever helpful. [/bq]

I have a fun story about that.

A while back, my brother, who has had a Steam account longer than 99% of people (he got not long after HL2 came out), was getting rid of old email addresses and online accounts he didn't use any more. What he didn't realize at the time was he deleted the email address his Steam account was linked to. He thought he changed the email address to one he actually uses but it turns out he didn't.

Yeah, that was a case where the problem existed between the chair and the computer, but you'd think someone would reply to his customer service ticket. Even if they weren't going to give him his account back, you'd think they'd at least send a message saying "Sorry, we can't restore your account" or something like that. But no word at all.

At one point some game he wanted to play either came out or went on sale (can't remember which game) and he decided he'd set up a new account to just play it. But his payment was blocked because they thought it was identity theft or something since someone just opened an account and was using a card in someone else's payment history.

_

Finally_* after months - upwards of a year, maybe even two years - they finally gave him his old account. What's funny is they only responded only after he filed _*another_* support ticket that was just an angry rant about how he's been a customer since nearly the beginning and they're ignoring him and how their customer service is a joke and how he hopes Steam as a platform fails and goes under, etc.
No reason given
Edited by pixel
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Mikey":/generals/video-game-general/post/4490870#post_4490870
[bq="Mikey"] "@pixel":/generals/video-game-general/post/4490866#post_4490866
CS is hardly ever helpful. [/bq]
I have a fun story about that.

A while back, my brother, who has had a Steam account longer than 99% of people (he got not long after HL2 came out), was getting rid of old email addresses and online accounts he didn't use any more. What he didn't realize at the time was he deleted the email address his Steam account was linked to. He thought he changed the email address to one he actually uses but it turns out he didn't.

_Finally_ after months - upwards of a year, maybe even two years - they finally gave him his old account. What's funny is they only responded only after he filed _another_ support ticket that was just an angry rant about how he's been a customer since nearly the beginning and they're ignoring him and how their customer service is a joke and how he hopes Steam as a platform fails and goes under, etc.
No reason given
Edited by pixel