Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

It’s not a problem though. I think Arc System Works really knows how to make enjoyable fighting games, but they don’t understand anything about narrative clarity. I love Blazblue Central Fiction, but the story was underwhelming.
But I think that led me to think that the best part about Blazblue and Guilty Gear are the gameplay, the music and the character designs.
Meanlucario
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@igotnopicks
That’s a problem with the writers, and at least Ashley has an excuse to be speciestist (I also think she gets better, but I could be wrong).
At least the best companion hooks up with a woman who respects him (even if she would never say it in his hearing distance).
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Ring Team
Tbf, “narrative clarity” is usually the last thing people play fighting games for lol. I mean look how stupid mainstays like Street Fighter, Soul Caliber, KOF and Tekken have gotten. I mean it’s not like good stories in fighting games are impossible(the Netherrealm fighting games, Mortal Kombat and Injustice is proof that they can pull it off well) but for the most part single player usually takes a backseat. Most of the time they’re relegated to Arcade mode and most people will play through that and see what goofy ending they get, and for the most part I think that’s fine, if they can squeeze some unique mode like SC2’s Weapon Master, Tekken Force, or Smash’s World of Light, all the better. In the end of the day I’d rather there be some SP content, shitty story be damned, than none at all
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Penguin Dragneel
Blazblue is neat! It was the first fighting game apart from the Smash Bros games that got me into the fighting genre in a way that I can enjoy (Street Fighter and Tekken were a bit hard to me). The combos were accessible, it has some depth gameplay-wise and the music is great (although it’s very different compared to Guilty Gear).
The only problem I have with the game (apart from the story) is that some characters are either pointless (like Es, a girl from another game which I’m very unfamiliar with) or basically fanservice (like Mai Matsume or Nine the Phantom). I don’t think you need fanservice to be a good game. But it’s still neat.
If you want to play it, check Blazblue Central Fiction, it’s the best one. It has some DLC unfortunately, but the Switch version has all the DLC content in one package. I own it and it’s fantastic.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Kiryu-Chan
Well, Dragon Ball FighterZ had a pretty decent story.
The mode itself was repetitive as hell, but I could still get behind the actual story content.
@Ring Team
Funny enough, I actually own Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. Only problem is… I accidentally received the European version.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Penguin Dragneel
Yikes. That’s no good.
Well, if you don’t wanna spend too much money, you can get in eBay one of the first games either for PS3 or Xbox 360. I’m not gonna be one of those who insist everyone on getting the last game.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide