Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Mikey
Nintendo has two main problems:
-They hate their fans like SCP-682 hates humans
-They abhor making any logical sense and in many cases do the opposite of what common sense would suggest
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Wiimeiser
Most of the time people complain about “nintendo hating fans” it’s only when they tell event hosts who they are fudning which is never brought up not to use a modded version of their games at said event (especially when prize money is involved) - as well as canning romhack When news sites run their mouth about it usually when a new version is being released. Most of the time there’s plenty of them out there, like a ton of Mario 64 hacks.
They wouldn’t be around if they “abhor common sense”. Just look at Sega; They have such a spintered division that when someone came to them with a Streets of Rage 4 for Dreamcast, the idiot at SoA, said “Dafauq is that!?” and canned that along with others products killing the system and making Sega move to being a 3rd party dev.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
You know what? I never brought it up while it was still fresh, but I have to know: Why do the Demitreqsues call Ethan a ‘manthing’?
What part of the world are we in where nobility talk like Tolkien’s orcs?
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@QuasarNova
I haven’t played the new Hot Wheels game. I’m kinda waiting for this game to get a low price so I can get it.
And yeah, I love Turbo Racing. It’s a decent game, but what makes it really good was the design of the tracks and the cars. The only problem I had with the game was that the tournaments had 6 laps each track, and I was fine with 4 like in single races.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@igotnopicks
Yeah, but the thing is that I gave these games a try, at least to get the gist of it and why these games are so loved by the fans.
I started playing Xenoblade X in 2019. It was very confusing, with so many options. One day I wanted to do the main missions, but in order to do it I had to conquer a 15% of the territory or something. I’ve spent 3 hours doing it, getting the percentage, started the mission and I had to rescue someone in a forest with toxic water. There was a bunch of enemies that were OP, so, to avoid it, I had to climb the trees and the train with a crappy camera like it was GTA San Andreas. 3 hours later, I realized that I had to run round a mountain. Fortunately I completed the mission.
I wanted to take a break, so I went to a desert and the air killed me at night. I wasn’t sure if that was toxic or freezing, but when I got to that point, I gave up on the game. Glad I’ve spent only 20 dollars on this instead or more money. When I told this to some people, these were like “hey, this percentage didn’t work this way, you suck”. And yeah, I suck, but that person could have helped me in a well-mannered way without telling me that “I suck”.
Then there’s Xenoblade 2. I didn’t like the art design back in 2017, but one friend got it and I wanted to give it a try in 2019. The tutorials weren’t very clear, so most of my time was figuring out how my team worked in front of the main bosses. There were instakills, different stuns, sleeping stats, more instakills… It was a mess. The tutorials didn’t help, so I picked different turorials in the Internet… and they were even less clear than the official tutorial. And the story is very boring, with many predictable twists, a typical villain who wanted to destroy the world (what a surprise), a spa scene (because a hundred animes having a spa scene with fanservice weren’t enough), too much exposition with redundant information that only stretches the game’s length and some twists that didn’t make sense, like Pyra having suddenly a planet killer machine, because why not, I guess, with an ending that doesn’t work in the context of the whole game.
I’ve beat it in 78 hours, but it felt like a limbo. While 2 or 3 people gave me some good advices (because I was dying against some bosses like a hundred times each boss), other ones were like “you don’t get it” instead of helping me.
Xenoblade Chronicles (the Shulk one) cost me 20 dollars in the Wii U store and I played it in 2020 and 2021. The first half was great, it was the first time I had fun in Xenoblade. But after the Fiora reveal, the story was less and less interesting, with some twists that aren’t twists because we got scenes that were preludes to these twists, so, no twists. It was very hard to get it right, especially against the final bosses. It was like controlling a game while your little brother is shaking your head out of spite. And, after beating the game and getting the most Kingdom Hearts possible ending (with a beach and a Celine Dion song), I felt these games were less and less rewarding.
That game took me 92 hours to beat it, and the last 10 hours were basically grinding to get the right level to beat the final boss. And, after saying I’ve beat it, some people were still like “nah, you don’t get it”.
Here’s the thing: I’ve never said Xenoblade was bad. The three games are decent, especially the Wii U one, I just hated the story of the second game. The thing is, if I say these games are decent instead of amazing, the fanboys will pick a fight anytime. It’s the reason why I don’t like the Xenoblade fans, at least the most vocal ones. It’s the logic behind their attitude.
Sorry for the long text, but I needed to explain it.
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Witch Dagger!
@Ring Team
XBC2’s tutorials are, if anything, the one thing I won’t defend as they suck completely (I will say, that Chugga has a vid on the things he wish he knew about in the second game, so that could be helpful, shame it wasn’t around when you were playing it).
Honestly, XBC1 is overhyped.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Ring Team
X’s tutorials were hidden. Noctilum is pretty much the worst area in the game. Do you want me to say the other areas are better. Yes they are better even the NLA is better than Noctilum.
2 biggest flaws are Rex’s English Voice Actor can’t scream and the tutorials don’t get better.
1 biggest flaws hard bosses. Or did you forget about Loritha and the level scaling(did you want me to forget the fact that I met a level 82 monster in the third area.)
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Witch Dagger!
@igotnopicks
In the case of X, you would literally need to look in the digital manual for that.
Rex’s VA is good, it’s just voice direction was practically non existent, which is why the earlier VA work is so rough.
1’s biggest issues were, as you said, hard bosses and poor level scaling and other issues.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide