Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Penguin Dragneel
And small named employees vs a gigantic corporation. It required government investigation for this shit to come to life and for people to start telling their story, not a few outspoken members would would likely go nameless to avoid losing their job.

But why would they stay at a company if it’s that terrible?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Cyborg_pony

Money and stability for one. But it also may be that people threatened to ruin them if they left in a huff.

The gaming industry is close knit and word travels fast. Doesn’t take much more than some words from the big shots to get someone blacklisted in the bizz.

Happens in a lot of industries. Stir the pot, and risk never working in it again.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Cyborg_pony  
Because it’s a big-named company and people need money to survive. Why risk not having a job and starve (as well as loved ones if others need your support) when you can stick with a horrible but somewhat stable job? And again, gaslighting, plus Stockholm Symptom. They are a thing, believe it or not.

@Zincy  
That as well, thanks.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
  1. Because they need money to survive.

2. They were likely threatened to be blacklisted from the industry if they spoke up.

3. They were probably afraid that a few people speaking up wouldn’t do s##t against Activision-Blizzard.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
The investigation was going on since 2018 by a State government no less. Given the lawsuit happened after said investigation was conducted, I’d imagine they have a lot of receipts

@Meanlucario  
@Cyborg_pony
You underestimate the power of fearing for your job and the power of brand recognition.

I always see people say “why don’t you quit and it’s never as easy as people make it sound
phoenixacezero
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Kiryu-Chan  
Plus the contract also screw them over. They lose ownership of the game that made them famous and hand it over to the company where they do whatever they please. I believe last of us is one of those cases.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Changes they’ll make in the Dead Space remake: Zach Hammond fakes his death and is actually the necromorph leader. Nicole makes a death/dead pun every sentence, hammering in that she’s dead. The Plasma Cutter is a peashooter unless you buy OP ammo with real money. Isaac speaks, but all his lines are painfully cliched trailer lines. All the necromorphs are humans with long fingernails and shout military movie quotes to make the game “inclusive.”
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Penguin Dragneel  
Seen others blacklisted for less, then again. It only takes one, then they start putting their friends in high positions. - And of course, speak out about on the Wrong person and your life is ruined.

The gaming industry is pretty fucked.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Seems the Guys working on the Dead Space Remake went to the Todd Howard School of video game development.

They’re more interested in cutting stuff that ‘doesn’t work’ than adding content.

Never mind the fact that the original game was already a very tight 12 hour game to start with. Every weapon, enemy and location had a purpose. What the fuck you gonna cut? Roll several weapons into one uber weapon? Map several actions into a context sensitive “Awsome” button ala Dragon age 2?

The original still holds up graphically and gameplay wise. And you think you can make it better by stripping down the feature set and applying a new coat of paint? Fuck you.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Dead Space 1? Love it.  
Dead space 2? Playable but pointless.  
Dead space 3? Get that shit away from me.

Dead space Is my favourite horror game. It never shoulda been a series.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’m not sure if by cutting content that “doesn’t work” means applying the ICO logic in the next Dead Space game, which, on paper, sounds good. One of the reasons why I love ICO is because they have just enough content, just the essential features and that’s it.

However, I don’t know what stuff that “doesn’t work” is in the game, mainly because I haven’t played it, although I have it for Xbox 360.

I understand the logic of these news, but I hope there’s no “EA corporate decision” that would affect the remake as well as this intention of “subtracting design”.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Terminal Red

Glad I’m not the only one who’s a little leery of another Dead Space game. Unlike you, I enjoy Dead Space 2 plenty, and find Dead Space 3 fine gameplay-wise but really hate the story (The big reveal is that *the markers are an energy source, **really?!***). I disagree with the notion that Dead Space should’ve only been one game, but do agree with the contentions you have with the sequels, especially with the weapons.

I will admit that the Dead Space 3 launch trailer is pretty bitcoin’ though, and wish EA would release the cover of In the Air Tonight they used in it, however.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Ebalosus  
I finished dead space 1 on impossible over a dozen times just to max out every weapon and suit. It’s the game of my teenage years.

Dead space 2 was ok. Finished it almost as much as One but resented the growing reliance on action and Michael bay pyrotechnic set pieces. The scariest part of that game was the return to the Ishimura.

Finished dead space 3 once. Utter exploitative brainless action trash in a deadpace skin suit.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Terminal Red

Deyamn. I only beat Dead Space 1 three times to get all the achievements, including I believe the one where you beat the game on impossible using only the plasma cutter. I’ve only beat its sequels once each however.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Terminal Red

I mean the flamethrower sucks at the best of times, so I can see arguments for it being cut.

I don’t want it to be cut instead of reworked so it isn’t figuratively useless indoors and literally useless during spacewalks, and I’m pretty sure that’s not what they’re planning when they are putting things up to be removed, but I can see that one thing going without fuss.

@Ebalosus

Pretty sure the Markers being an infinite energy source was revealed sometime before 3. I don’t think in 1, I’m pretty sure but not certain in 2, but definitely at least in supplementary material before 3.

3’s big reveal was all the Brethren Moons stuff.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Ring Team  
Honestly, the tentacles could be cut with no problems in my opinion. They aren’t fun and ruin the flow when you die multiple times due to those damage sponges wasting your ammo and time.

@Ebalosus  
Terminal Red seems to think that games shouldn’t go past the first game, considering he holds the same view with Mass Effect. Unlike Valve, he refuses to acknowledge any number past 1.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Meanlucario  
To be fair to the first Mass Effect it’s flaws are very aparant. The Planets you visit are all the same planet. Not only that but you can beat the majority of the game without getting upgraded and using the pistol.  
And the worst part of hte game comes in Mass Effect 3.

I do think ME2 is the better game.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide