Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
Something I strongly dislike about Genshin Impact is it often requires you to be at a particular level in order to start a line of quests, but then will randomly throw a domain (basically a dungeon) at you during that same quest line that requires you to be at a much higher level that what you need to initiate that same quest line. It just feels really dishonest.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
I am now officially 3/4 of the way through the Ys series. (Technically, I already beat #8 a couple years ago, but I’ll be going through it again once I get caught up.)  
Like the last game, Ark of Napishtim was a bit on the short side, but was a fair bit more difficult. Hopefully, Seven will have a little more staying power. But, Lacrismosa of Dana had a good length, and I have Monstrum Nox to look forward to.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’ve been gone from WoW for about 4 or so months and I expected a lot of story to have passed.

Turns out patch 9.1 isn’t even out yet. The game has been running on a small tuning patch and a new sub-area of an existing area for almost 4 months. That boring grind is why I quit.
Background Pony #F48A
Dark Souls 2 isn’t a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s a definite step down in quality from DS1.
Background Pony #F48A
@Meanlucario

You mean the hitboxes that mean if you have low ADP, you get hit if you’re even vaguely in the proximity of an attack?
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #F48A  
One of Otz’s videos on his no-hit runs talks about why no one did an all-boss run before, with the hitboxes being one reason (with several examples of the attack not being near him but he still gets hit).
Background Pony #F48A
“Depressing tone”.

Dark Souls is SUPPOSED to be depressing. That’s why it’s called, “Dark Souls”, not “Super Happy Sunshine and Rainbows Time”.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #F48A  
DS1 was dark but hopeful. It’s why depressed people can play it and walk away better, since they were able to find hope and light in that dark world. DS2 has old hags mocking you and everyone going hollow and being depressed.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

And thus have I cleared the main story of Monster Hunter World and have killed an alien dragon using an improvised chopper going brrrrr

Will get iceborne later down the line
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

I wonder if there’s a Diablo-esque dungeon crawler out there with classes that are near identical to actual D&D classes… It’d be neat to have those kind of job set ups, especially with having branching pathways so two Clerics, Paladins, rouges and what-not aren’t exactly alike.

That’s kind of where Diablo 3 went wrong since it was so heavily streamlined, two of the same where exactly the same and just choose separate runes to feign unique, when you look back at D-2 and how skill point could be thrown into states and unlock skills that branch towards others - and I don’t have any faith Blizzard with Diablo 4 will be anything better… They’re even screwing up the remake doing the usual.

It would be neat to have that kind of genre make a bigger comeback, especially if they can work in the couch co-op of yester year games like Buldar’s gate: Dark alliance and Champions of Norrath. It’s kind of funny; with how “Advance” they claim gaming is getting, modern devs can’t figure out how to make two or more people play the same game without everyone the same game and console.
Wiimeiser
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Zincy  
On the subject of Warcraft, it turns out I missed a few pre-Reforged patches that I’m now desperately trying to catch up to, especially since I know there’s a whole community still using the older versions. The issue is I threw out my old CD key…

Also, why are Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 the only RTS games that allow you to make custom units? Does Blizzard (or worse, Activision) hold a patent on that kind of thing?
Kazapsky
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Five scoops of ice cream
@Wiimeiser

There aren’t a lot of RTS games PERIOD, these days. Aside from Blizzard’s stuff and the “Age of” games, you pretty much have to go all the way back to “may not be compatible with Windows 8, let alone 10” territory to find anything. It’s not a well-populated genre.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide