Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Mikey  
I have played the opening hour of Amnesia and that moment you walk into the main hall of the castle still sticks in my mind. Dillapedated Gothic majesty, Dark, Dusty, encrusted with cobwebs but Beautiful. It reminded me of A black and white horror film or something from the Hammer Dracula films.

The Games art style and presentation was a definite strength.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@pixel  
He didn’t really write for it, he collaborated with Miyazaki to write the backstory. Souls games don’t really have much of an upfront story.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@pixel  
Yeah, if it were more like Sekiro which has more of a story focus then yeah. Souls games have short cutscenes with little in the way of actual story, lore is told through text and item descriptions. Which is what Martin did.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Seems like Mr Martin is willing to do anything else but sit his fat ass down and finish his books. He’ll collaborate with game developers, show writers and talk about his books but not actually write them.

I feel bad for Ice and Fire fans. It sucks when your favourite story’s don’t get an ending. But George Martin is done. Hes talked about his books for years but produced nothing.

He’ll die before the next book comes out.

A great American Writer named Raymond Chandler once said that when Author starts talking about his books, He’s done writing.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A man who dedicated two paragraphs to describing a penis maybe shouldn’t be writing anymore honestly.

The reverence shown to his honestly kind of mediocre writing has always puzzled me. The books were never really that good, and he only achieved the level of fame he’s gotten because of the show. There are far more deserving fantasy writers out there than him, and his telling-over-showing, over reliance of exposition, over-detailing purple tripe.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Mikey

Martin is an overhyped, mediocre writer. Pretty sure I made that statement pretty clear.

@Sparx

It kinda is, and isn’t totally accurate. But it’s a good and emblematic exaggeration of his actual style. Which is over detailed and reliant heavily upon “telling” over showing.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Mikey  
I played it (even did an LP with my cousin), and it has plenty of jumpscares, they just usually have something trying to kill you three hours in. I think you’re forgetting more about the game than you like to think.

@phoenixacezero  
You should play Fire Emblem than. Anyway, the grades mean that the higher the grades, the better the damage scaling.

@Mikey  
Isn’t that the game that spawned from a meme?

@Zincy  
Sounds like his priorities are in the wrong place.

@Terminal Red  
Sounds like he takes Terrible Writing Advice to heart and doesn’t realize it’s bad advice.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ring Team

Not specifically, it was just an over detailed sex scene I like to take the piss out of as a good foil. Which does still have way too much description of a penis in it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide