Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

shinigamiPeter

@Meanlucario  
…you can still solo everything no problem tho? If anything, Rise lets you quickly get Low Rank done with with Special Licenses so you jump into High Rank easier.

The thing with “demo” have been with the series since the very start, don’t really see this as a point against Rise in particular.

I do kinda get the thing with the game feeling incomplete, but  
  1. we’re getting the updates in a couple of weeks, for free, and they were pretty transparent about it, so I can’t be too mad about it (like, if it was cut for the eventual paid add-on, THEN we would have a problem), and  
  2. I still think Rise did the base game better than World, with both the maps and monster number and variety. It’s just…so fun.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@shinigamiPeter  
Considering how my DPS loving brother is having trouble and most high-rank quests for him takes about half an hour (double the intended 15 minutes hunts are suppose to take), the guild quests aren’t that balanced around solo-play, even if the village shortcut is available. And that still doesn’t excuse that the village quests have to stop at the rank below the guild’s highest rank. World broke that tradition and it’s great partly because of that.

True, but they’re still doing it and I’m more than a little sick of it.

1. Monster Hunter DLCs are always free, though seems like this time around layer armor isn’t, since from what little I found online, the only layer sets are from an amiibo and pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition. And the other games sold a complete game with the DLC being bonus content, not adding what should have been in the base game.

2. I highly disagree. World’s base game had more elder dragons than Rise’s does, for a start.
shinigamiPeter

@Meanlucario  
Not to shit on your brother, but I soloed the whole game, including Rampages (which can get a bit too chaotic for a single person), and I had no problems doing High Rank quest in 10-15 minutes. Granted, I wasn’t in too much of a rush, so I was crafting the armors/weapons as soon as possible, but I also didn’t wanted to stick to one weapon and armor set for the climb (I like crafting everything at appropriate level). So I can only compare it to my personal experience.

I assume they had this tradition in the first place because they wanted to do the balance changes after hearing people’s feedback on the matter (like how Charge Blade changes saved that weapon between 4 and 4U)…though in the age of digital updates, they probably should reevaluate that model.

I’m pretty sure World also started with just the Deluxe Edition Samurai set. If I remember correctly, every other piece of layered armor was added later as event quest reward. And true, but at least they’re adding multiple monsters at once to compensate. Also, again, they weren’t hiding that, considering that we knew from the start that HR unlock will be added at the end of April. So I can at least appreciate the honesty.

Considering I find half of the old Elders (aka, the ones that were in the base World) to be miserable experiences, forgive me for thinking that lack of them is not a problem. And I don’t really find the status of the Elder itself all that meaningful in the first place. If the monster is good, it’s good. I won’t like Kushala any more just for being an Elder, and I won’t like Narga, Mashmallow or Rakna any less if it’s not. I’d much rather have more normal, good monsters, thank you very much. Chameleos is cool, he can stay (when he gets here).
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
I saw a theory saying that almudron could be the female mizutsune, considering what little we know of mizutsune (the ones we see in Generations are all male since the females are much less pretty, like peacocks). I now want to see fanart of that, with the pretty boy mizutsune and manly lady almudron.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@shinigamiPeter  
Maybe. We’ll need to figure out how the quests are balanced to fit the number of hunters and what is expected for you to have at each rank/quest.

It’s like Pokemon’s two version of each game, in my opinion. And I do get that they could implement feedback between versions, but I do wonder how often they do that. And it’s still you buying the same game twice practically. The only reason I didn’t wait for Rise U was because my brother was so excited to play it and wanted me to hunt with him (which isn’t the case now considering that he’s farming the final boss and I’m still in low rank).

True, and I hated that as well. Still, I rather these monsters are in the game from the start rather than having to rush out DLCs because they couldn’t wait a year or even a few months. And transparency only gets you so far, since the game is still in the state it’s current in.

Oh, elder dragons are nothing but spam. That’s kind of their stable, as well as them being a stable of the franchise. But it feels wrong that there are only two in the game, and that their gear isn’t even good. At least you were willing to farm them pre-Rise for their armor and weapons, for the most part. And Chameleos being added without his pals Teostra and Kushala just feels wrong since apparently they’re suppose to be a trio (though World did forget that as well). Thing is with elder dragons, they’re allowed to break the rules and be full on dragons instead of regular monster-like animals. That’s what makes or breaks them. I mean, none can top Corpse Dragon, but still. Yes, I am an edgelord that loves that guy.
shinigamiPeter

@shinigamiPeter
And it’s still you buying the same game twice practically. The only reason I didn’t wait for Rise U was because my brother was so excited to play it and wanted me to hunt with him (which isn’t the case now considering that he’s farming the final boss and I’m still in low rank).

I mean, with World they did away with that, with Iceborne being sold as a 40$ expansion. So I’m guessing they’ll do that again with Rise.

Oh, elder dragons are nothing but spam. That’s kind of their stable, as well as them being a stable of the franchise. But it feels wrong that there are only two in the game, and that their gear isn’t even good. At least you were willing to farm them pre-Rise for their armor and weapons, for the most part. And Chameleos being added without his pals Teostra and Kushala just feels wrong since apparently they’re suppose to be a trio (though World did forget that as well). Thing is with elder dragons, they’re allowed to break the rules and be full on dragons instead of regular monster-like animals. That’s what makes or breaks them. I mean, none can top Corpse Dragon, but still. Yes, I am an edgelord that loves that guy.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on that matter. The idea of hunting something not fun to fight just to get best gear is kinda bullshit and gives me flashbacks to Behemoth grind. Ugh.  
And my favorite Elder, Valstrax, didn’t really have much of a rules-breaking gimmick like some of his brethren, he was just extremely fun to fight. Though I guess he was kinda edgy too.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
Finally recruited all eight party members, and started the second part of the game. I decided to dive into Primrose’s first since it had the lowest level cap. The last boss of the segment wasn’t very difficult, just an absolute damage sponge that took forever to kill.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@NitroFury  
I thought you were intentionally going for 106% completion regardless of how much you have to go through.

@Meanlucario  
I watched the same Caddicarus video but I have a hard time telling which parts of the game he considered artificial length. He still defends the time trials so there’s that.

@Cyborg_pony  
I say Star Fox Zero deserves a Switch port.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Silent_Witness

I started with Tressa and have been going counterclockwise. I know Meanlucario said to start with Therion but eh. Thieves are a standard jrpg class, and I wanted to try something fresh.

So yeah this means I got Tressa, Cyrus, Ophilia, H’aanit and now Therion. I’ll probably have Alfyn in the next hour.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I have now completed the Octopath. I now have to complete the Traveler.

Also I unlocked the Thief class as a secondary job. I slapped it on Tressa. Hehe.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide