Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@tehwatever

Deyamn…WTF happened?! The Starcraft 1/Brood War remasters were great, so I was hoping the same for W3, since I dug the shit out of that game back in the day too, though not to the extent of SC.

Also, what sarcasm? I haven’t been following news on the W3 remaster since the computer I would play it on is in storage. I knew there were issues with it, but wasn’t aware how bad they were.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Ebalosus  
Oh. Srry. It was such a huge public news that anyone even remotely interested in VG woulda heard how terrible it was. So I assumed you woulda known.

Yes we all hoped for a Starcraft 2 trestment for W3, which would have been absolutely amazing but no…it becomes an objectively worse game than W3 years ago.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@tehwatever

Like I said, I’m a huge SC fan, so obviously I was clamouring to get the remaster of SC1/Brood War when it came out. I loved W3, but wasn’t as attached to it as SC, so I wasn’t in a hurry to get it.

Given how underwhelming SC2 turned out, hoping that W3 would be more akin to that wouldn’t exactly thrill me.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Ebalosus  
W3 players wanted their game updated with the new look seen in either WoW or the new shiny cinematic look of SC2, but leave the game untouched.

But they got betrayed.

Which is why some, like me, dont habe high hopes for D2 Remake / Remaster / Redefinening.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Mikey  
The biggest issues with reforged had nothing to do with who was in charge of the remaster, it was the massive overreach on ownership, people would have mostly been just annoyed at an underwhelming models update and some broken promises, but the insane cl;aim of ownership of all custom content for the game and the forced update, is what made people completely lose their shit,
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Meanlucario  
Activation and Blizzard are the same fucking company stop this bullshit trying to deflect blame for Blizzard’s shitty practices onto someone else, Blizzard is just as much to blame for reforged as BioWare is for that stupid fucking unskippable cutscene in DA:I, this fantical need people have to try and absolve creators of their own mistakes helps no one and make folks look like they are in a fucking cult from a cyberpunk story,
Thanotos Omega

@Mikey  
Reforged wasn’t a remake either, it was just updated graphics, that was one of the issues people had was that it was a very bare bones update, without some of the fancy new bells and whistles they were promised, and most of the shitty things weren’t revealed until after launch there either, so folks have a right to be worried that Blizzard will assert ownership of mods ect,
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega  
You’re barking up the wrong tree, kiddo. I’m well aware there is a good reason people call it Activation-Blizzard, since they are one entity at this point.

And if unskippable cutscenes are the worst thing in DA:I, than it’s a better game than I remember.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario  
Well this one is more overall terrible, as it basically continues to over focus the story on the Chantry, and has that incredibly terrible song that spits in the face of one of the best lines in the game and robs the player of a chance to actually earn their leadership position also more of the lame brain highschool level biblical parrales shit that reminds me of the ending a ME3,
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Thanotos Omega  
Considering your group is named after a religious organization, it makes since for said religious organization to be the focus. Helps that the big bad is a character from that religion, making it more historical than you’re implying.

And here’s a fun question: What did Shepard do to earn their Specter status in ME1? Bioware likes to skip that type of build-up to go straight into the action.
Thanotos Omega

@Meanlucario  
Allot of RPGs skip over the background fluff, the difference here is we are never shown why all of a sudden Cassandra is handing over control to you, since we don’t see you stepping up, instead it’s a random minor NPC, who again spits on a amazing line that should have been a defining moment of the game, rather than engaging in tons of crazy attempts to deal with their own lore again like they so often do, also lionizing Medieval Catholicism in the same game where you place all the blame for the plight of the jews on their shoulders, is not a good look, also reminder that allegory is a double edge sword,
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Goku Black

Saudi Arabia has been going through an image rehabilitation effort for the last few years now, using entertainment mediums to improve international opinion of them. They’re not stopping their human rights violations or murders or terrorist funding or anything, they’re just making a bunch of foreign IPs talk nice about them.

They turned the WWE into their own personal hypeman/bitch in a similar process.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide