Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan  
I knoe you did. You even bought Snek Squad when it was only 10 bux. I’m telling the guys who are STILL on the fence about Firaxis’ XCOM 2.

That moment when your prized sniper chain snipes an entire pod is hard to beat. Or when you cried thanking GOD that your 40% chance to hit landed a crit and killed the sectoid who would have otherwise mind controlled your ranger and fuck your day.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
You even bought Snek Squad when it was only 10 bux.

I bought it twice.

No regrets.

That moment when your prized sniper chain snipes an entire pod is hard to beat. Or when you cried thanking GOD that your 40% chance to hit landed a crit and killed the sectoid who would have otherwise mind controlled your ranger and fuck your day.

Jokes on you, you save the sectoid for last because you want the sectoid to waste his turn MC one of your guys just so you can gank him on your turn and get your boy back on your same turn.

One of the first patches in XCOM 2 was actually to lower the chance of a sectoid rolling a MC because the devs realized players were exploiting the exact above scenario. Instead they’re now more likely to just shoot you.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Meanlucario

Absolute Immortality Let’s be real, that’s what it was deactivates if the survivor does any of:

Repairing  
Healing  
Totem cleansing  
Hook sabotage  
Unhooking
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Meanlucario

It was supposed to be a defensive, anti-tunneling perk. Something there to punish killers for hyperfocusing one guy.

In practice it was an offensive, ‘fuck you I’m invincible’ perk. More than once I saw someone unhook right in front of me, literally after I just hooked a guy and haven’t even had time to turn around, grab them only to eat a stun while they then finish unhooking. And there’s countless other times when someone with it would actively bait me just so they can hit the stun.

Now it’s closer to what it should be.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@DeathCloud

I agree.

@Meanlucario

If you did that sidequest and did the dialogue options with the other survivors, you’d find out that as per standard sci-fi sneaky bastard tropes, they were trying to figure out how to weaponise Thresher Maws.

@Dustcan

I can bring in my mate Smudboy if you’d like

@Meanlucario

All of the Cerberus experiments you encountered in the first game were immense fuckups on their part that got their scientists and other personnel killed, often in horrible ways. The second game would have us believe that they could cure death and build a betterer Normandy without fucking anything up.

The easy fix: in ME2 have it be another nefarious group that resurrects Shepard and rebuilds the Normandy. There was no reason that it had to be Cerberus. Granted, there was no reason to either kill or resurrect Shepard either, but I digress.

While I agree that humanity getting a seat on the council in the first game is silly, it’s only really one small aspect of said game. How you convince the council of Saren’s guilt (with an audio recording) is also really silly and strains credulity, but doesn’t justify the stupid shit done in the sequels.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide