Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Meanlucario

You know despite the clear effort put into it that one wasn’t one of his more enjoyable ones.

But I still watch it every once in a while just to see Soldier!Jameson and Heavy!Kingpin.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
So I recently played and finished the original River City Ransom on NES Online and I thought the game was decent. I want to know if getting into the later installments are worth the investments like River City Girls.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Meanlucario  
HDR like GokuBlack said, practically up the range of available dark and light levels. Simply put, your dark gets dark and your bright gets bright, and you can distinguish between shades of grey.

Related but distinct is color gamut or chromaticity, which is the pure combination of primary colors regardless of luminence.

Below is color gamut chart. Look at the highlighter triangle. Left is the kind of colors available in standard broadcast TV, center is cinema, right is 4K TV.  
full
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Thief is Dead. Metal gear solid is Dead. Splinter cell is Dead. Tenchu is Dead. It occurs to me that The Hit man Franchise is the only AAA pure stealth series still going.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Terminal Red  
Adam Jensen’s Deus Ex series has without irony some of the best stealth action set pieces in the ps3/ps4 era. Depending on your playstyle…actually regardless of it, Deus Ex HR/MD constantly puts you in situations where a subtler approach is always more preferable than flat out gunfight.

Too bad it’s dead, too.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Ayriana
@Terminal Red  
Too bad IOI sold out to Epic. Even though they broke off from WB Entertainment and went independent. Shame, I was looking forward to Hitman 3, I like what I played of the first reboot so far, it’s like a classic Hitman game.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Some Dragon Age memes I’ve been holding on to. Top two are a saucy, and the other spoiled ones are story spoilers.

full  
full

full  
full  
full

full
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
You know given the number of Resident Evil remakes that have been released as well as the many ports, you’d think Capcom would finally remake Dino Crisis already.  
That was one of my favorite games growing up and at that time I didn’t even own a Playstation I rented one so I could play games on it. I honestly don’t know why this series never took off like Resident Evil did, though I heard Dino Crisis 3 was terrible so that probably explains why.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
IO interactive, The Hit man developers, are making a 007 game. I can’t think of a better choice. The last three Hit man games have been fantastic and they play almost exactly how I imagined the perfect James Bond game would.

I don’t want to support communist china so I refuse to deal with epic. I’ll buy a next gen Xbox if I have to.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Terminal Red  
I have an issue with doing a 007 game with a Hitman-like sandbox heist/assassination gameplay.

007 has always been narrative driven with huge action set pieces and very exciting obligatory gunfights, chase scenes and hand to hand fights. That’s what made Bond movies appealing.

Hitman on the other hand is at its best when an assassination looks like a chain of freak accidents and when 47 does not exit with exciting gunfights nor chase scenes.

A Hitman movie that follows the excitement of a perfect, flawless 47 assassination would be devoid of major action set pieces, it’d be boring.

So instead, Hitman movies went the 007 / Mission Impossible route with obligatory big action scenes, that our 47 would rarely, if ever find himself in.

The perfect 007 games that dont have the 007 name on it have been…Metal Gear Solid games, not Hitman games.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@tehwatever  
James Bond is a secret agent and spy, based on a pulp character who engaged in stealth, subterfuge and assassination all the time. The Game will either be an original story or an adaption of one of the pulps.

I’m sure IO interactive will offer different ways to complete missions. Full on silent assassin or Rambo.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

How many times 007 been captured, forced to shoot his way tens of baddies and use his gadget and wit out a tight and precarious situation? at least once per movie.

MGS is mainly a stealth game but you have moments where you’re captured, tortured and later are forced to shoot your way out either thru a boss fight or in MGS3 and 4’s case, they even have a chase scene!

MGS’ obligatory boss fights and big action set pieces set against a bombastic emotional background music is what makes MGS a good Bond game.

Hitman games…have no exciting boss encounters nor big obligatory shooty moments if you can help it. In fact the better you are at the game, the less exciting the action becomes. You’re a ghost, and the audience also sees you as one. An unexciting, but very efficient professional.

Hitman games are better adapted as conspiracy documentary than a spy/thriller movie.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

James Bond is a secret agent and spy, based on a pulp character who engaged in stealth, subterfuge and assassination all the time.
yes and so is Snake from Metal Gear. And like Snake, Bond must face obligatory setbacks and failures, so the narrative can fit in big exciting action pieces to entertain the viewers.

47 in canon doesn’t fail. And when he got captured, he escaped with very little fanfare. In canon there is no room in 47’s assassination for that catchy Bond Theme + shooting people / cars with missile launcher moments.

Which is why I still argue that a Hitman-like sandbox assassination makes for a terrible Bond game, while a Metal Gear Solid-like narrative driven stealth action games with obligatory action sequences, do make a good Bond game.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Don’t care. Gonna be fibre wiring Russian shitbags with my shoelaces with a martini in one hand and silenced pistol in the other and conclude the mission by banging their wife and still getting the silent assassin rating.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide