Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Well, I completed the oracle Imperial Cult quests and started the donation-collecting guy, and am at the Ald’ruhn one, with the magic pants up next. I’m tackling all of them since they’re close to each other and don’t step on the toes of any other faction.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
And now Iulus Truptor’s quests are done. That means that Kaye is all that’s left. I plan on turning in the book on the mine corruption to the Redoran after that, or do the side quests The Client List and The Price List.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
I love the Donkey Kong video game series, but one thing I always thought was off puttin was the overall plot to Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble. I’m not saying that the game is bad, it’s one of my top favorite RareWare games of all time as well as Donkey Kong in general, but I have to admit the story is the weakest part of the game; having the game be about Dixie and her cousin Kiddy going on an adventure to rescue both DK and Diddy is a cool idea but because we already had a game about Diddy and Dixie going to rescue DK it feels a bit repetitive especially since now the original heroes from the first game are both in need of rescuing from K. Rool.  
It would take until Donkey Kong 64 before the title character would be playable in his own game series again which is why a much better idea for the story would be this:

King K. Rool created a potion that could de-age anything and uses it on DK to turn him into a baby thus making him unable to fight back, this works but DK is still big and powerful as a baby but Diddy felt the need to go on his own to fight K. Rool and change him back, but when he’s captured it’s now up to Dixie to save Diddy and get DK back to normal, so she takes him on this epic adventure as a result.  
This way DK could still be playable in the game while offering some new ideas to it, I mean what’s the point of K. Rool being a scientist if he’s not gonna do much with the getup. There was also an episode o the Donkey Kong Country tv series that had the plot of DK turning into a baby so you know it could have been done in game form add on top of also great gameplay, music, graphics and whatnot.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
Idiots are already whinging on the WoW forums about the pre-patch undead invasions.

They were a blast back in WotLK, they’ll be a blast again. Whiny assholes can deal with being inconvenienced for like a week.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
I’m a DK fan too, not just of the Rareware & Retro Studios games, but I also like the Mario ones too. The Gameboy one (where Mario has to collect keys to reach DK) was really good. (Even better then the “Mario VS DK” series, which while good, later focused too much on the Mini toy characters, rather then Mario & DK.)

In fairness, DK was the lead in the Gameboy spinoff DK Land.

Rumor has it Rare made Kiddy Kong kinda uninteresting on purpose, so they could stop with the sidekick focused games. Diddy became the star of the second game, “Diddy’s Kong Quest,” because he was popular, (and to kinda homage the plot of DK Jr.) and then Dixie became popular, so she got the third game, “Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble.”  
But there was no “Donkey Kong Country 4: Kiddy Kong’s Bogus Adventure!”
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Morrowind: Magic is quite useful, but the lack of natural magicka hampers it.

Oblivion: It’s either spam magic or be stun-locked. No between.

Skyrim: I guess you could use magic, if you’re a filthy elf-lover!
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Dr_Osaka
The Gameboy one (where Mario has to collect keys to reach DK) was really good.

I remember playing that game as a kid in an emulator. I loved it so much, and I remember when I got shocked when Donkey Kong revives and takes Pauline again after you beat the four classic stages from the Arcade.

That game really needs a remasterization.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Ironically, the graphics are still good for a GB game, though better on 3DS or a Gameboy Color.

The physics were better in the GB sequels though, and the GBC DKC remake.

@[Ω]  
Agreed. I loved that fake-out. When I played it as a kid, I thought it’d just be the first original stages from the arcade/NES game, and then that plot twist happens giving you 96 more levels! The in-game cut-scenes were amusing too, and Mario had an impressive moveset.

In fact, many people don’t know, that Gameboy DK, (aka DK ‘94) is actually what introduced Mario’s back-flip, handstand, and triple jump before Super Mario 64 did. (And swinging on ropes was used in Mario Sunshine later.)  
For an 8-bit black-and-white Gameboy game it was very advanced, and is very underrated.

Yet, it’s only regard is that it was the first SNES/Super Gameboy enhanced game. (Meaning it had enhanced color pallettes for every stage/screen, a custom arcade style boarder, AND some improved sound, including Pauline’s “HELP!” voice sample,” and 16-bit credits music.)
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
I hope Hammerfall has more protected NPCs (NPCs who can only die from direct damage from the player) and less essential NPCs (NPCs who can’t die period).
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@igotnopicks  
I know, but since Skyrim and Morrowind (the good TES games) are named after the location, I think it’s safe to call it Hammerfall for now.

Also, any thoughts on what I hope is in/changed with TES6?
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah I suppose that’s true, I love Diddy Kong which is why him being the main hero of DKC2 was great, and Dixie Kong I loved just as muh which is why I liked that she then went on to be the star of the next game (and sadly was left out o DK64).  
Kiddy was always my least favorite of all the Kongs, not really anyone interesting or entertaining which is why I’m glad they cut him out of later games and replaced him with better Kongs like Lanky and Chunky (Who I actually thought was the grown up version of him, though I suppose that doesn’t make any sense given the ages of the other Kongs).  
I do like they made Cranky and Funky playable when Tropical Freeze came out which was cool, but man I would kill to see them bring Lanky back as a playable again, Barrel Blast is the only other game aside from DK64 where he is playable.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
The DK64 manual does say Chunky is Kiddy Kong’s older brother, so that explains the confusion.  
Cranky & Funky finally being playable was pretty cool. (Even if it’s a bit OOC for Cranky, but arguably the Retro Studios DKC games are kinda different, and possibly a different canon.)

I kinda miss Lanky Kong too, he was fun & funny.

The cancelled Rareware game “Donkey Kong Racers” was going to have Lanky, Kiddy, and practically alot of the Kongs as playable.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide