Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Dustcan

Ah. The corporation he’s part of that’s responsible for the demons’ escape is part of the original lore though if I’m not mistaken.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Jarkes  
Well, he himself wasn’t responsible, but Eternal does tie into the classic games, especially 64. Meaning that yes, The Slayer is doomguy from the classic games.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I also hear that Doom 2016 and Eternal have a lot of nods to that old, cheesy comic from the 90’s…
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Jarkes

The one time Doom Slayer speaks his only words are “RIP…AND…TEAR!” And the king of the Night Sentinels commands Doom Slayer to “…rip and tear. Until it’s done.”

Frankly that phrase might as well be the franchise tagline now. Which is a good thing.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Took a little break from Thy Flesh Consumed because I got myself in such a bad position at the start of the second level that it was giving me a lot of trouble even with all the stuff it gives you towards the start to the point where I replayed the first level just to make my life easier.

So far the difficulty curve seems to be all over the place. Level 1 took a bunch of tries until I got the hang of it. Level 2 took way, way, way more tries. To the point that even when I started the level with decently high health, ammo, and armor, I still found it easier to just cheese it by jumping around the blue key block. Level 3 was hard at the beginning but the difficulty dropped a lot after making it inside. Then levels 4 and 5 happened and I didn’t die at all.

I think my main complaint with the first few levels is that the main difficulty just seems to rely on spamming a bunch of enemies at you. Environmental hazards and other kinds of obstacles aren’t very prominent, it’s mostly just dodging a million projectiles and mowing enemies down before you get body blocked. Still, so far, it seems like the level design gets a little better as you go. Or maybe I’m just saying that because it’s gotten a lot easier for me lately. :P
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Real subtle…

It does get a bit of cleverness with Hayden being hinted to be the Seraphim that helps Doomguy. So he’s an “angel” who rebelled against “Heaven” and now tangentially in cooperation (but not really) with Hell.
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@[Ω]  
No, I missed it.

@Mikey  
So it’s not just me, then. Makes sense, I guess, since the main challenge in the first couple levels is having enough ammo and that’s not been a concern for a while now.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@pixel  
Yeah the first two levels are extremely unbalanced. Few ammo and 10 health bonuses total, and then the second level Romero designed in less than an hour apparently.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Somebody’s actually making a Doom 1 mod, that has Isabelle as your assistant.

…Ok, I don’t care if anyone is getting sick of that meme, that is awesome.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Jarkes  
Well in 2016 is moreso he wanted hell energy for science and economic reasons, and Olivia Pierce ends up being the antagonist because she actually believed in helping the demons, and Hayden wasn’t having any of that.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Jarkes

Depends on how you define “antagonist” and “villain” or such.

Hayden is why both games happen. His experiments with Argent Energy to solve humanity’s emerging energy crisis ended up creating a portal to Hell on Mars, leading to the events of Doom 2016. Then him continuing to experiment on Argent Energy even after that lead to creating a portal to Hell on Earth, leading to the events of Doom Eternal.

But throughout both games he’s your mission control guiding you through the plot to end the invasions, so it’s not like he’s trying to help Hell. He’s just trying to raid Hell’s resources without Hell’s denizens following it. He doesn’t want people to die and wants to prevent more deaths, but he’s as apathetic to the ones already dead as he is to the fact that he’s why they’re dead.

And if the hints that he’s the Seraphim that empowered Doomguy centuries ago are true then that means he’s not even human and his only real allegiance to begin with is “Not with Hell”.

@Mikey

Well Hayden is why Olivia went crazy and thought that helping the demons were a more preferable option than working for Hayden to begin with so…
Background Pony #EDD2
TFW Nintendo adds more convenient methods to play with a specific group of people you know temporarily (without having to put them on your friend list), like the Arenas in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, or Dodo Codes in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide