Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
There’s someone in Skyrim named Belyn Hlaalu, and a great house in Morrowind is House Hlaalu. I guess that house fell harder than I thought.
Background Pony #DAAF
Why does PS Now have so many PS3-PS4 games? There are only a few PS2 games, and no PS1 games that I could see.
Background Pony #DAAF
Backwards compatibility has not been confirmed for the PS5.

Wanna play games from PS1 to PS4? Too bad.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Background Pony #9A68

What I heard was that they were going to have psuedo-backwards compatibility by making a bunch of older games available through PS Now/Playstation Store. Which is still a step up from the PS4 which didn’t have any PS3 games backwards-compatible in any way.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Silent_Witness  
I miss the days when backwards compatibility was common… Now it’s like no company does it anymore, even the Switch isn’t compatible with WiiU or 3DS. (Though, a li’l understandable, seeing how it’s much different then them.)
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Beau Skunky  
With the PS3, making it BC was one of the main reasons it was so bloody expensive(along with the Blu Ray at the time, though at least with that it seemed more like a risky investment as they still tugged along with it) and they were still taking a loss! Getting rid of the BC was enough to get them to drop the price by have

With the Wii U, keeping it backwards compatible made it keep the old PowerPC hardware of the Wii/Gamecube and made it much more of a pain to develop for compared to the 360/PS4/Xbox One, and unlike the PS3 they couldn’t go back and get rid of it to improve things and it ended up biting them in the ass, so much that when going for the Switch they decided to start over completley, which despite still being weaker than PS4/Xbox One is much much much more developer friendly

While Microsoft has been riding the BC hype train really hard, they still have the weird compromise of having a limited BC library, only having to get some 360/OG games to work on it, rather than natively with the entire library. There’s still a lot of great Xbox games that unfortunately never got the BC treatment(No BC for games like The Sabotuer, War for Cybertron, Lollipop Chainsaw, or X-Men Origins Wolverine. But Thank fucking Christ I can play Disney’s Bolt

I love BC and I think it’s a great luxury, but it’s really obvious they always come with big compromises unfortunately
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Kiryu-Chan  
Actually, WiiU couldn’t play GameCube game software, and the Wii software included was apparently not that expensive to include, as it just emulated the console digitally. (And frankly the WiiU was still cheaper then the competition at the time.)

Also, the WiiU actually was said to be easy to develop for, (judging by all the Indie games on it’s Eshop) but many consumers & developers scoffed at it’s “Game Pad” “gimmick,” and some like EA & the creator of Minecraft bashed it for not being as powerful as a PS4, or another “gimmicky” Nintendo system, and such…

The name probably hurt as well, as haters of Wii, refused to give it a chance wrongly assuming it was just another “casual” Wii system, and meanwhile the more casual Wii audience was probably turned off of it’s more “hardcore” based games, and more traditional controllers. (One reviewer even stated he felt Nintendo abandoning the Wii remote, even though it was fully compatible with the WiiU, and some of it’s games also hurt the system, as people were more used to it by now.)

So honestly, backwards compatibility is not the main problem in game consoles, in fact, it’d be more of a selling point.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@igotnopicks  
I’m not an expert on what happens between games, so I wouldn’t have known. Also, don’t the argonians have a terrible record outside of their home land? That’s kind of embarrassing.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@igotnopicks  
I know, and that’s why I said outside of their homeland, since the Hist Trees tend to give them a buff on their home turf.

And I’m aware, but it’s not the orcs that defeated the fan-favorite race on their home turf.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Meanlucario  
Like people said the Hist Trees gave them an advantage basically take over some parts of the Dark Elves. The Dark Elves didn’t see it coming. So most of the Dark Elves didn’t make it through the Red Year too and some of them are now refugees. So yeah.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide