Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
The freedom elder scrolls can offer will always be limited by the limitation of the medium and genre. That don’t mean removing skills and features therefore making it a shallower experience with each new installment is a non-issue.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
“Skyrim more enjoyable than oblivion”  
That’s debatable and entirely subjective. I remember enjoying oblivion way more than I did Skyrim and it’s far closer to it’s RPG roots than Skyrim is.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Terminal Red  
I’ve tried playing Oblivion. It has a charm, but it’s shit, especially compared to Skyrim and Morrowind. It feels like the bastard child of them that never outgrew the awkward teen years.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
Oblivion does what Morrowind does but with less Features and better Graphics. Skyrim continues this pattern but even more watered down than a bali beer. At the rate Elder scrolls is shedding features the next instalment may as well be Free roam call of duty: Nazi elves.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Terminal Red  
You need to be eating raw moonsuger to think that Oblivion looks better Skyrim. Mirrowind looks better than Oblivion. Oblivion is just awkward and ugly. And the dark-elf eyes look too realistic and bloodshot at times, like Alves Uvenim’s.  
full

Not so bad in that image, but playing the game on a bigger screen just makes her look horrifying.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Jarkes  
It’s suppose to be horrifying in-universe, not their design. And it’s horrifying in what I’m pretty sure in ways they weren’t suppose to be. Either way, they’re still ugly looking in Oblivion.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
I never said oblivion looks better than Skyrim. There’s a 6 year gap between games. We’ve been talking talking skills and features and how they’ve been slowly eroded to streamline the games. The games have been getting bigger but becoming more shallow.

Anyway, Skyrim models are hardly works of art. Every Nord looks like they break rocks with their face for a living.
Background Pony #DAAF
I’ve never gotten PS+, so I’ve never played any of the free games it offers.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Terminal Red  
I misread what you said there. I still say that Morrowind looks better than Oblivion. And I agree to a point, since enjoyment is kind of more important than your idea of freedom. And skills are still in the game, just as trees instead of just numbers.

Seeing how dumb and barbaric nords are in Morrowind, that sounds like they were designed around how they acted in that game. I still hate that I couldn’t talk sense into the one that wanted to kill a healer for punishing him for being a dick.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #8227  
Sadly, Skyrim wasn’t much an improvement, due to how less useful speech is in that game. Hopefully, they’ll go the Fallout 4 perk system route for TES6, and allow you to choose the fitting skills early and not having to waste them on worst perks.

@Dustcan  
I know, right?
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
You know what I hate? Having unfinished quests in my menu that I can’t complete because I don’t wanna role play a bad guy.

Oh, the God of rape torture and slavery wants me to be his champion and torture a dude to death. The only way to complete the quest is to do what molag bal says, no way to subvert it or refuse the quest. The completeionist in me is shrieking at me to complete the quest but to do so would be to break character and ruin my immersion.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Meanlucario  
Morrowind used a journal system. Not a menu with a list of uncompleted quests. Oblivion had this problem too and you’ think it would have been addressed by the time Skyrim rolled around.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Terminal Red  
I still see them are quests, just in a poorly design questlog.

And honestly, it’s only a problem to us OCD people. I see it as a badge for our contentment to the character to try to counter it.
Background Pony #DAAF
I’m worried that Sony will discontinue PS+ and PS Now for the PS4 soon after the PS5 comes out.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide