Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Beau Skunky

Thank you. I already thought my list might sound a little weird. ;-)

Because all the comparable lists about SNES JRPGs that I have seen in my life, in fact, value at least one Final Fantasy title or Earthbound. And I also know the admiration for Super Mario RPG by many RPG fans.

Well, the reason for my list is actually rather funny – or at least nice to know. It’s based on my personal experiences as a German youth in the mid-90’s. And that means I didn’t have the chance to play Earthbound or Super Mario RPG at all. These were not published in the EU. And US imports may have been accessible to adults, but by no means to an average type as easy as me at that time.

Especially since my father and my grandmother were both very strict. Because at most I got one SNES game at Christmas (birthdays were reserved for larger gifts), or I had to save my pocket money. I was also able to make some money by washing my father’s car, helping out in the garden, and so on. Well, I loved my SNES. I got it in 1992 together with Super Mario World. And I played very actively with it until 1996. And it was Secret of Mana that had founded my fascination for JRPGs back then.  
But my game collection was always very modest. Most of the time, however, I was allowed to borrow a game from the video library over the weekend. So I know most of the games, but my heart clearly belonged to the JRPGs.

So apart from only a few games that I could afford, and the fact that not the same ganes were published in Germany as in the USA, my list is in fact a little “individualized”. The funny fact at the end: Actually, I could never have played Chrono Trigger as well, because even that wasn’t released in Europe too. But a “friend” from school (actually an absolute asshole), who always got everything he wanted from his parents, had lent it to me as a US import for some time. Maybe it’s because of the short time I had with it, but Chrono Trigger is definitely something special for me, but in my heart it’s not the number one. ;-)

Oh, and one more thing: I would have loved to play Final Fantasy VI. But it was so popular with us that it was sold out all the F**KING time. (grin) And I would never have been able to convince my father to order it by phone. I was able to borrow it ONLY from the video library for ONE weekend. But since I couldn’t play it through in the short time (unlike Chrono Trigger), Final Fantasy VI doesn’t make it into my Top 5. ;-D
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@DarkObsidian  
I’m an SNES kid too, so I understand the passion for that era, and I remember Europe never got those games.

As I said I actually like those games too, though sadly I never got to play “Illusion of Gaia.”
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Beau Skunky

I think we’re pretty much the same about that. And I would like to tell you now: “Oh, you must have played Illusion of Gaia for once.” (cough)

But the truth is that the game is pretty buggy in a certain way. Without walkthrough and the knowledge that there are actually “two” endings, playing through nowadays hardly makes any sense. Although it’s a really rare and first-class story about archeology, self-sacrifice and rebirth.

And that’s what the absolute Terranigma fanboy says. ;-)
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@icey wicey 1517  
I believe it. Even if they release it as a broke piece of shit and wait for people to create PAID MODS! to fix their mess, it’s still gonna make them money while Rune isn’t a prioity.

Guess all that Microsoft doesn’t amount to much when your team so poor.
Background Pony #CFB2
Even after 23 years, I am still terrified of Andross’s true form in Star Fox 64.

full
Background Pony #9A3C
Nintendo got flack for trying to control streamers on YouTube, but the amount of customers they lost from not letting LPers play their games was minimal, because Nintendo games are already absurdly popular.
Background Pony #9D9E
@Background Pony #CFB2  
Imo, Andross looks way cooler as a Blank, colourless (except for the eyes) Polygon Head. He kind of looks like the same species as Polygon Man from PlayStation.

full

full
Background Pony #9A3C
Someone working on Stadia said that streamers should pay companies to stream their games.

When NINTENDO has a more progressive stance on streaming than you do, that’s bad.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide