Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Thanotos Omega  
Excuse me? If I remember correctly, the writing has been the least of BioWare’s problems (Mass Effect 3 ending not-withstanding).

They’ve been struggling with internal bickering, executive meddling, and lack of time on projects, not to mention EA’s mandated usage of the Frostbite engine, which also caused numerous issues.
Background Pony #CD8A
>Rare  
>Minecraft  
>Bungie  
>Bethesda

Where were you when Microsoft became the Disney of gaming?
Background Pony #CD8A
Microsoft bought ZeniMax for $7.5 BILLION.

To put that in perspective, that’s $.5 billion less than what Disney paid for to buy Marvel and LucasFilm COMBINED.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Only “franchises” Rare made around that time that would have been “middling” would have been Kameo or Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Conker, Banjo and Perfect Dark had just come off critically acclaimed N64 games
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@NitroFury  
I think the ones that are slated for release within the next year will remain multiplatform. Afterwards, it’ll probably become Xboc exclusive, with a few Switch ports here and there since Microsoft and Nintendo are buddy-buddy.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Unpopular opinion: Dragon Age Origins isn’t really that good. It’s also the only DA game I never finished.

DA2 does better with its characters being independent and doing their own thing regardless of the player’s actions, while DAI has incredible diverse maps with chock-full of content and a horse to navigate through all of it. DAO, I guess, has a darker and grimer story with a lot of politics and mountains of text, which isn’t really good for someone like me who can’t be bothered to sit through all of that.

People like to say DAO is still the best but the truth is, this is most likely due to something I call “first game bias”. Pokemon has the GenWunners, Sonic has the 2D fans, and Elder Scrolls has any game before Skyrim.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I am now camping outside of Gamestop to pre-order an Xbox series X.

Have I finally gone turbo-nerd, or does the fact that it’s for my brother save me?

@Scrabbleman

My main issue with DA2’s characters is wondering why they haven’t killed each other, let alone still hanging out.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Scrabbleman  
DA2:Here are some bad things that I noticed when I played through the entire game.  
One all the dungeon maps are the same.  
Two they outright murdered Anders fun personalty.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Scrabbleman  
certainly is an unpopular opinion.

IMO despite its admittedly high difficulty, DA:O has better depth and it even seems more fair than the godawful combat of DA2. I hated DA2 for its seemingly endless, out of nowhere enemies that just comes in waves. I practically have to come into combat with prescience to be able to position my lads in a way that don’t screw them over.  
It also means I have to make sure their skills aren’t in a cooldown so they won’t be caught with their pants down when another wave comes in.

Characters though? as far as protags go, Sarcastic Hawke is hard to beat. Merril is a moe-blob and Fenris is an anime character who got ISEKAI’d into Dragon Age. Varric? MAH BOI Varric is best wingmanlet in Dragon Age, period. Its characters are probably the only reason I kept going. But yeah like Dustcan said. Hawke’s probably the one reason these guys are even talking to each other.

DA:I? IMO It’s the least difficult out of the 3. Once I’ve hit level 12 (which is, about halfway thru the game), only High Dragons or massively overleveled enemies could even pose as a problem. I was running thru guys four levels above me with NO ISSUE, and I’m playing on hard. Just craft myself a good crit-chance gear and always keep one mage spamming Barriers and I’m good.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Dragon Age protagonists sure are different from game to game…

DA:O feels like you’re a ragtag bunch of lads, out of their depths on a quest to save the world.

DA2 you’re a refugee trying to make some cash, so you went on a business expedition, made some fortune and now you’re navigating thru politics, invasion and terrorism.

DA:I you’re a prophet-warrior who created a religious-political movement that the current authority deems heretical, later was forced to make Hijra / exodus and eventually owned their own city, and conducts jihad throughout Orlais and Ferelden!

Your “Inquisitor” isn’t your standard Jesus archetype, no. The Inquisitor is like if Jesus had personally fought battles, had ruled over a city, oversaw executions and made strategic decisions on alliances and politics.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide