Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Jarkes  
If you really look at it; he only came back from the dead once.

M1: Lived, but was injured (Wait for another remake to show it)

Prime series: Was given cybernetics, Surviving Phazon corruption somehow…. probably thanks to her killing Planet Phaaz.

M2: Wasn’t in original. Remake connects by having him half cyborg Somehow….

M3: Was finally pounced dead. (Confirmed canonical death) and lost his cybernetics Somehow… Let’s say Gene therapy.

OM: Was a clone using what they scrapped off Samus after her last Xenocidal rampage.

M4: Was an X using the DNA from lifless and recently murdered husk.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Not going to lie, I kinda want one, (or two) even if many are bashing them for being too small, or only having 4 games each. (I enjoyed my mini Tetris arcade keychain, and such.)  
Hopefully, if they bring them to the states, they’ll be ali’l cheaper though.

At least, M2 is handling the game software conversion, they did a great job for the Sega Genesis Mini, and TurboGrafX-16 Mini.

Also, whatever happened to that new officially-licensed Sega Nomad remake that Retro-Bit was supposed to make?
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I did just checked Japanese Amazon and doesn’t seem to be an official price yet but it does have buying options with prices apparently the cheapest I see is ¥ 5 478 which according to Google is $50.29 and the others can get much higher
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Seems like too much for a device that small, and with only 4 games. (The Sega Genesis Mini had 43 games, if you count Japanese language “Puyo Puyo” as separate from “Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine” as there are minor differences.)

I think $20 would be more fair for each unit, considering Game Gear games on the 3DS Eshop average to $3.-$5. each.

Nintendo also really missed out, not remaking the Gameboy last year for the Gameboy’s 30th anniversary. So you gatta give Sega kudos for not ignoring their classic portable devices/games.  
(Heck, they won’t even let Wario & Daisy be in any of the main action Mario games, besides sports/kart/party spinoffs, and those 2 characters originated from the Gameboy games.)
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Am I the only one who noticed that, of the 5 abilities you lose early on in Metroid Prime, 4 are obtained in Chozo Ruins early on?
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Mikey

I know. And his remaining cybernetics falling off as you battle him in Samus Returns may also be meant to justify him no longer having them in Super Metroid.

Honestly though, I was never really against Samus’s PTSD resurfacing during Other M, the problem was that it was handled in the worst possible way. But really, much of that game boils down to “good ideas, horrible execution”.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I think the backlash over that game’s narrative is why Nintendo is so reluctant to make their more silent characters have more dialogue/personality/story. (Like say, Mario.) Sometimes, it’s hard to do that with a classic silent character, without ruining the fanbase’s own expectations, or their own personal interpretations of the character.

That also seems to be why the producer of Metroid Prime 4 made them restart development on the game awhile ago, because he really doesn’t want to disapoint fans.

Truthfully, gameplay wise I actually enjoyed “Other M,” despite the controversial storyline & interpretation of Samus.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
It also has more platforming thanks to the third-person view, which the first-person Prime series kinda lacked. (As well as things like the wall-jump, and such which would be impossible in Prime.) People forget Metroid should be just as much of a platformer, as it is a shooter, or exploration game.

I will compliment the game uses the Wii remote D-Pad surprisingly well, with clever camera angles to make it feel more 3D, so at times I forgot the game was limited to an 8-button movement scheme.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Mikey

I thought the “Concentration” mechanic for healing and ammo was really dumb to be perfectly honest. Especially since you could basically only use it when near-death and even when upgraded it won’t restore all your health.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide