Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@Cyborg_pony
Dialogue in the original japan release almost blatantly put her as trans.
As cultural context it’s actually easier to be trans in Japan than it is to be trans in “The West” as an ironic product of Japanese gender conformity. They don’t see men who become and behave in the role as women or women into men as being particularly odd because you do perform the status and position of that gender. In broad strokes this is also the case in many other societies in Asia. What is the sticky point is if while being a physically un-transitioning person behaving as a man or woman, because it’s an aberration according to gendered social expectations
Where as in western society we’ve (at least) returned to the argument of whether gender is something someone is and can not transition out of because you are as you are born.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Mikey
They say that about Bridget. Despite all the pervious contradictions so I believe that like I believe most of the shows they like are popular.
Especially since anyone saying this, doesn’t provide a raw translation. Just a “Trust me bro. it’s real.” on a fanwiki.
And given people who’d enjoy this, We know where they fall.
If anything, it feels they’re just really jealous and bigoted, that Japan is better at their own game.
Which is why they have to scream “Win” when it occurs. Like it’s a contest, or more likely a conquest. To take. To plunder.
But I guess, being bullied into being trans is just A-Okay. Considering the “Egg” thing, that’s a big yes.
Posted Report
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Penguin Dragneel
Some people only satisfy if a trans character is prop or used as form of trophy to show off. Both of which are bad as they don’t really get much thought or care put into them. Same with the black characters but maybe with the reboot of good time and Velma. they’ll stop such BS. My expectation is low.
Posted Report
phoenixacezero
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

While we’re talking about changes to the game, we best talk about an odd one- The goomba cat calling being taken out as it show said cat callers being punished.
Posted Report
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
So become the gender in Japan just dress and behave that way? Am I saying that right?
More-or-less (Why Do Japanese Games Handle Trans Characters So Differently - Moon Channel)
It is worth looking into it more, since there are layers. But the posted essay is good-enough
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony

@phoenixacezero
It’s why the scream “Win” while mocking others feels very much artificial and just being a trophy.
It was totally was reel guys! Trust me!” Okay. Show that outside of treehouse and talking about the Italian version which isn’t the original.
Considering Vivian is referred to as boy in the original release, but the “Totally not changing it for any reason keeping it the same” types say “trans” and since Trans is a trophy to use and wave around to make these usually very white people take a product from a foreign country, it feels very hallow and inaccurate with all the times they’ve done this before.
Why should anyone believe them now after all the times they’ve lied and then tried to belittle those that want accurate translations. It only furthers to prove why they champion A.I. doing it when it turns out as usually, they were lying.
Posted Report
Background Pony #4DCF
I’m glad the Pokemon thread is filled with funny memes and not hot take debates.
@Cyborg_pony
Let it go Cyborg. Find a better fight. There are other place where translations are actuallt bad. This isn’t one of them. Just let it go.
Posted Report
Cyborg_pony

@Background Pony #4DCF
It wouldn’t have been, but as per-usual. They couldn’t help but brag and act almighty.
The “Ha-Ha! We win! It’s OUR CHARACTER NOW!” crowd are the ones saying this is accurate, and of course bragging and mocking people over it. This is how you can tell it’s not.
They couldn’t help themselves and couldn’t just say “Hey, look. I know there’s been a lot of stuff like this, but it is real. Just trust me this once.”
There still would be skepticism and people would still think it’s bullshit, but it was at least civil. It’s why everyone knows it’s as accurate as Yosuke in Samurai Armor.
They don’t prove for it, so they just mock people in their pettiness.
@LightningBolt
I’ll be done now since you said that while I was typing.
phoenixacezero
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@AaronMk
Well I watched it and by have mixed feeling. Namely good it accepted but the same time the conforming aspect is a big no for me as I seen and heard what happened to those who are told to fall into gender norms (aka people falling for the Alpha male and R/Neckbeard bootcamps.)
Posted Report
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
So far there’s Project 64 from the internet.
Its ready to go upon download and if you can find a way to map the odd controller its a very serviceable emulator.
Just make sure to watch youtube videos in case the graphics get odd.
Posted Report
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Well I watched it and by have mixed feeling. Namely good it accepted but the same time the conforming aspect is a big no for me as I seen and heard what happened to those who are told to fall into gender norms (aka people falling for the Alpha male and R/Neckbeard bootcamps.)
Yes
It is not as though Japan is more progressive in terms of gender. But their relationship to gender is certainly different which is the important bit, especially when we try to interpret Japanese media that comes over to America and then has to be translated.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Creations249 Etsy Shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide